[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally saved up 2 weeks worth of vacation time at work so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: maps.png (539 KB, 1142x795) Image search: [Google]
maps.png
539 KB, 1142x795
I finally saved up 2 weeks worth of vacation time at work so I'll be traveling for the first time outside the US and Mexico in July 2016. Where should I go?

Originally, my number one destination was New Zealand. Mainly because of all the outdoor activities I hear you can do, for example Zorbing, cave rafting with the glow worms, and bungie jumping.
But at the same time I wanted to visit as many places as possible.
Aside from New Zealand I wanted to visit areas like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia are next down the list. And eventually Japan and Australia.

Now I understand all those are exactly all close to each other, but is New Zealand and Thailand/Cambodia/Singapore doable in 2 weeks without feeling rushed and enough time to enjoy some good spots?

If not, should I skip New Zealand all together and stay in the Thailand/Cambodia/Singapore region?

What if I decided to do Japan? what other cool areas can I visit area the country (no interest in korea)?

I only have 2 weeks to travel and will do so in July of 2016. Is 2 weeks even enough for multiple countries or should I just consider one country and visit different cities?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>1064456
Remember the flights are a long time. Then you have the time differences. You will be exhausted when you arrive more likely than not.

>New Zealand and Thailand/Cambodia/Singapore doable in 2 weeks
You will get about 2 full days in each country. It would be one of the worst trips I could imagine.

If you only have 2 weeks, I'd recommend picking one country and staying there. In SEA, Singapore doesn't really need more than a few days, so you could go somewhere else as well.

I know it sucks (does it?), but you just have to remember, there will always be more opportunities to travel in the future.
>>
>>1064456
go NZ and australia and go to different states in Oz, though Im not sure if activities are still available because July will be winter season in Nz and Oz, though skiing and snowboarding will be available.

Or sg, malaysia,thailand.

2 weeks is not anough though for all of them
>>
>>1064468

hmm thats a good point about, not just flight time but the time it takes to get to the airport and waiting/security checks for the actual plane ride and then the time it takes to get to next destination coming out of airport.
Yea so definitely not NZ/Australia + SEA.

>>1064477
That is also a good point about being Winter time. If I'm not interested in skiing or snowboarding is it even worth visiting in July for any other activities?

At this rate I might really consider just doing 2weeks in Thailand/Cambodia/Singapore as my hitlist
>>
>>1064456
Go to Singapore, get buses and go up to Malaysia, stop there for a bit then get a bus to Thailand and so on. I did that a few months ago and it was the best time of my life.

So fucking cheap too, especially if you're converting USD
>>
>>1064875
You only need about $800 USD spending money for 2 weeks, to put into perspective how cheap it is.
>>
>>1064456
how much did you saved up OP ?
can i suggest just spend 2 weeks in thailand - and feel yourself being a king with all your money
you only need like 500 euro or something for 2 weeks to be drunk everyday, weigh 50 kg more at the end of you vacation and get aids from 300 different cute thai girls
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.