[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 19 too young to be travelling alone? I've travelled alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is 19 too young to be travelling alone? I've travelled alone to the US and that went better than expected. Would I be fucked if I went to a country like Japan, though?
>>
>>1064356
If you're smart and rational, you should be fine in my oppinion.
>>
>>1064356
>Would I be fucked if I went to a country like Japan, though?
What would be different if you were older?
>>
>>1064356
depends on your personality. i started traveling abroad alone when i was 17, everything went good. (i had to report to my parents daily...)
>>
File: 1451498353162.png (32 KB, 514x352) Image search: [Google]
1451498353162.png
32 KB, 514x352
>>1064359
legal shit, cultural shit, that sort of thing
>>
Started at 17 but went went with close friends. I imagine 19 would be more than fine so long as you're street smart and have previous travel experience. Have fun OP, report back if anything cool happens.
>>
>>1064356
Im doing petty traveling with family members across the US, I was in California all my life then New Mexico at 18 and now at 19 im in Texas, im thinking in a year or two im going to be headed for Virginia. get a decent job, and then travel to another country. So im actually having these thoughts too mane, where you from ?
>>
I'm in exactly the same position, 19, travelling alone to Japan in June. As long as I can get a basic grasp on the language before then, I'll be ok. May as well go when you're young enough to still score 17 year olds. I don't drink so being underage is no problem for me. Keep that in mind though.
>>
>>1064356

I met a 19 year old German girl that has traveled from Nairobi to Cape Town overland with no problem whatsoever. Git gud, traveling is peanuts.
>>
Yeah, should wait until you're 68. The world is a dangerous place.
>>
>>1064356
I ran away from home when I was 15 and it went well, some petty crime but now I'm in the ~1% at 34 so I guess it taught me something.
>>
>>1064356
>I've travelled alone to the US and that went better than expected.

Then why are you asking that question?
>>
>>1064356
I've met people who were 19/20 several times. Being a few years older won't change how safe a place is. Just do the basic preparations: research where you're going, learn some basics of the language and customs.
>>
>>1064356
I know a girl who left home as soon as she turned 18. Tramped around Nepal and India for 6 months. (I left at 23.) Everything went fine.
>>
>>1064356
I travelled around Europe when I was 19 without any major problems. Most people I met in hostels were a few years older or more however (and in some of the more obscure cities I visited everyone was 30+). Seems a lot of Europeans travel around the continent after finishing university.
>>
honestly OP you're never too young to travel alone really, not so long as you have a good head on your shoulders and some streetsmarts
>>
>>1064774
lol she is really lucky not to have been killed/raped/kidnapped/all of the above
>>
>>1064356
I went backpacking around europe as young as 17... you should be fine
>>
>>1064356
I went hitchiking around as soon as I turned 18. Not much to worry about. Just like people here were already saying. You have to know some basic street smarts (try not to stumble in some dangerous areas in city at night when you're alone.)
Good luck
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.