[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You only get to visit ONE country in Europe, what would you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: europe.png (112 KB, 677x366) Image search: [Google]
europe.png
112 KB, 677x366
You only get to visit ONE country in Europe, what would you choose?

A friend and I are going and we're both choosing one country to visit but I'm having trouble choosing!
>>
It depends where you're coming from. I would say something like Spain, but it's because I don't live in a country that's warm and has palm trees. If you're coming from somewhere like Mexico, then it might not be as cool as seeing something else. Generally if you're coming from outside of Europe and already paying for the expensive plane ticket then it's dumb to just stay in one European country, moving around in the EU is cheap and easy.
>>
>>1064269
malta
>>
>>1064272
>It depends where you're coming from.
This.

And, by coming from, everyone means what are you used to? what do you like to do? where else have you been? do you want famous things or emptiness? are you a music or history fan? literary? do you like city life or nature from vacations?

Safetywise, I'd recommend iceland, norway, ireland if you want to rent a car and drive around, and if a woman and relying on public transport, Austria, cause I haven't been since the flood of immigrants much in those affected areas, but there are all great places to start. One of the best popular places I'd suggest for a bit of everything, but needs a budget is a 3-country tour, like Prague-Vienna-Budapest, ohh, about 11 days.
>>
Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of instances of people trying to lump turkey in with europe lately?
>>
>>1064314
>Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of instances of people trying to lump turkey in with europe lately?
Why do you care? It's central to europe and asia and actually resembles europe more.
>>
>>1064293
Nice choice.
Went there, enjoyed it a lot - I'm euro though.
I don't know if I'd travel 10 hours to go there if I'm being honest
>>
>>1064269
Germany, Italy and France are the three countries in the world that have the most to offer. Which one of those you prefer depends on your taste.
>>
Iceland
>>
>>1064269
Germany. I will be there secon week of March 2016.
>>
Italy, hands down.
>>
Spain
>>
>>1064325
i'd swap germany out for uk, but arguments can be made for either

ireland and switzerland were also utterly amazing, but offer a bit less variety than those other 4. turkey and russia, too, if you're counting those.
>>
totally, totally, TOTALLY italy
>>
>>1064269
Italy, as I've already seen most of Greece
>>
>>1064371
I spent two weeks going around Spain in the Winter two years ago. It was really depressing.
>>
>>1064396
Depressing? Why?
>>
>>1064269
Jermoney
>>
>>1064269
assuming you're american, and with no other information on your interests, to only visit one, this is how i'd order the ones i've been to
>italy
>uk (england+scotland only, wales was crap)
>ireland
>russia
>france
>switzerland
>germany
>finland
>belgium

what country he's choosing also might affect which you should choose
>>
>>1064413
Why didn't you like Finland and Belgium?

He's choosing England
>>
Moldova

>least visited country
>can visit Transnistria breakaway state legally and easily for a military parade
>can visit least visited part of least visited country in Europe, Gagauzia
>churches and history
>>
>>1064415
finland was nice, but pretty one-note to be a target destination. belgium was just a boring urban/suburban wasteland, devoid of any cultural or natural aesthetic.
>>
>>1064328
>>
One more vote for Italy.

Geographical diversity, great food, nice architecture, welcoming locals, etc.
I don't think you can get the same level of diversity and hospitality combined in any other European country.
>>
>>1064416
While I would not recommend Moldova as the one country to visit, I only heard great stuff about party culture over there (from straight white dudes). Apparently the Eastern you go, more serious people get about... Clubbing amongst other things.
>>
I'd visit Portugal again. My family spent some time there when I was a kid, and I want to see the sights again.
>>
Italy, hands down without a shadow of a doubt.
>>
What makes a trip worthwhile?
Good climate, beaches, good food, glorious history, rich culture, good looking girls, mountains, cities with interesting architecture, impressive landscape, etc.
There is only one country in Europe which can offer all of this and much more. It's Italy.
>>
>>1064269
Your map is shitty OP
>>
Gotta be Italy. For history, beauty, food, such a diversity of fascinating places to see (and not just the obvious big-name ones), and strong and distinct regional identities, really nowhere compares.
>>
I'd pick Britain just for the common language alone. It has a great combination of historical sites and amusement areas with plenty of pub foods and drinks.
>>
>>1064415
>He's choosing England

france makes sense for convenience-quick train ride and you're there. a lot of (deservedly) iconic things to see, culturally different from england, paris if you like big cities, normandy if you don't

but if you don't mind an additional flight or longer train ride, +1 for italy (rome, specifically, branch out from there if you have time and $)
>>
Another vote for italy.

It has everything: mountains, sea, culture, amazing food, lots of culture, history, etc.

But individually,

Nightlife: Germany or Portugal
Scenery: Norway or Slovenia
Women: Finland
Food: Italy
Culture (very subjective, I know): France
Quality of life: Denmark or Norway
Festivals: Spain
History: all of them

But like people said: I depends where you're coming from
>>
>>1064269
Czech Republic, went last month was the best country I've ever been to....
>>
>>1064269
I tend to choose countries that nobody goes to, that way you can tell your friends about places they've never been.
There's no need to go to the capitals or main countries, there's a whole world out there that has a lot to offer and needs to be seen too.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.