[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a britfag engaged to an American. Looking at all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (63 KB, 2000x760) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 2000x760
I'm a britfag engaged to an American.
Looking at all the visas and requirements etc is extremely overwhelming, confusing and depressing.
Does anyone have any experience with this? We've mainly been looking at her moving to the uk, but I'm open to look at moving to the US.
Whichever way round is easier. We just want to finally live in the same damn country.
Which way around is easier (us to uk, uk to us) and which visas are the easiest to do?
>>
Probably would be easier for her to go to UK with you. The immigration act of 1965 closed the door to white euros and swung the door wide open to the third world. If you had been mexican rather than British you would have no problem getting a visa.
>>
>>1064225
>closed the door to white euros and swung the door wide open to the third world. If you had been mexican rather than British you would have no problem getting a visa
Yeah, this is what pisses me off he most. It's the same in Britain. Not trying to be /pol/ or anything but they make it hard as fuck for people like my fiancée but some 3rd world shit that can't speak English literally just knocks the door and Britain does everything for them, gives them a place to live, everything hassle free
>>
What are your tax requirements if you move to the USA? I know she will still pay taxes to the USA if she moves to the UK, but then again the pound is more than the dollar.
>>
>>1064230
>I know she will still pay taxes to the USA if she moves to the UK
What kind of daylight robbery is this?
>>
>>1064233
Unless she renounces her citizenship
>>
>>1064234
https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/U.S.-Citizens-and-Resident-Aliens-Abroad
>>
>>1064233
There is an exclusion for the first 100 earned. But if she is making more than that... plus she has to file regardless. https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Foreign-Earned-Income-Exclusion---Requirements
>>
I've heard it's easier to get in via a student visa, but I don't know too much about it. It's just what I've heard.
>>
Anyone know of any clear info on how to get into the US? I know I wouldn't be able to live in California where my fiancée lives due to cost of living.
But just as a general knowledge, any info on getting into the us. Visas and requirements etc, the easiest way to get through?
We are engaged. I know for coming to the uk, you can get a fiancée visa but you have to get married within 6 months and the person can't get work in that time.
>>
I *believe* it's easier for you go move to America, but that's not personal experience talking.
I say you should muscle past the difficulties and move wherever you think you guys will have the brightest future.
Want to ever have a chance of buying property? Move to the US.
Want to be looked after by the government and have free healthcare forever? Stick with UK.
I know it can be a ball-busting process (ok, that's an understatement) but think long term. And for fuck's sake, neither of you give up your citizenship.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.