[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have questions for those who bike for vacation. I will be biking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I have questions for those who bike for vacation. I will be biking a total of 3 weeks. We estimate approximately 8 hours total per day for biking distance. We have stops in between but our stops are not at any locations, just mile markers.

How do I eat and drink without carrying lots of weight? We will be staying at hotels at night most nights. At most, we will need a day and a half of food and water in the event of an emergency.

What stretching do I need to do after each ride/during breaks? What additional exercise should I be doing to keep my legs from becoming exhausted?

What clothing should I be getting for cool weather? Also, we will be traveling into hot weather, what clothes should I be using when we get there?

What foods should I be eating/taking with me to prevent muscle exhaustion? I don't like to eat things with preservatives so I'd like to prepare as much as I can. I can restock at certain check points.
>>
>>1064033
Also, what tools do I need for general maintenance and flat repair? Do you have any kits you would recommend for easy flat fixes while on the road?
>>
>>1064033
>>1064035

You sound like you have zero idea what you're doing and have done zero research about it. Basically, you're looking to have /trv/ hold your hand every step of the way. I think the best advice anyone can offer you is this: If you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it.
>>
>>1064037
>you're looking to have /trv/ hold your hand every step of the way.
Yes, yes I am. So if you have any advice, feel free to give some. K?
>>
>>1064051
Not the same guy,but that mentality will not help you at all.
>>
Budget?

Credit card touring is an option if youre loaded. But really man read up online, there are lots of guides. Ask me again when you got some fundamental knowledge. From your post it seems like you have barely used a bike for commuting
>>
>>1064037
This.
Google for "panniers".
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.