[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Travel pet peeves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: annoying.jpg (60 KB, 634x599) Image search: [Google]
annoying.jpg
60 KB, 634x599
>Can't sleep the night before a big journey
>>
>>1063795
Nose clogged up all day after flight
>>
File: 1402948432513.png (429 KB, 452x601) Image search: [Google]
1402948432513.png
429 KB, 452x601
>have to take the plane
>>
>get terrible diarrhea right at the start of the trip
>>
>>1064000
>get terrible diarrhea right at the start of the landing of the plane and have stewardess open the toilet door using force to find you sitting with your pants down and telling you politely "sir we are lading please get back to your seat"
>>
>Getting airplane colds

Tfw sick for 2 weeks now can't seem to get over it.
>>
>>1064020
Hahaha so fucked up
>>
File: allahu_akbar.gif (252 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
allahu_akbar.gif
252 KB, 300x205
>yfw you look middle eastern and suddenly realize every in-flight movie you've watched has involved bombs going off, the apocalypse, or planes being hijacked
>>
>>1064020
I have done this but not to the point of them opening the door... Fuckin Oktoberfest... Went twice in the beer tent, again at the hostel, twice at the airport, couple times on the plane to Turkey, again at IST, and finally again at the hostel in Taksim before I passed out at 4AM
>>
>>1063795
>>Can't sleep the night before a big journey
I spend the night before travelling finishing packing and putting my home into hibernation.

I never have time for sleep, just finish up at 6am and get in the taxi or something.
>>
>tfw they're playing the movie Titanic while you're on a cruise
>>
File: 1443246310064.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1443246310064.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
>hostel check-out at 10am
>flight at 9pm
>>
>>1064251
What's your problem?
Stash your luggage in their luggage room, go explore the city for six hours, come back to the hostel, get your bag, go to the airport.

Even if you just want to chill in the hostel, they won't care if you chill in the lounge so long as you handed back the key and they could book the bed for someone else.
>>
>>1064262
I recently did it in Berlin, bearing in mind I'd been drinking and zonked out on pills for the last 5 days, and had been out until 7 that morning it was tough
>>
File: Harold and Kumar.gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Harold and Kumar.gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>1064121
>>
File: i3eTxXhf.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
i3eTxXhf.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>leave the luggage at the train station
>go explore city
>back at 10pm
>it's closed for night

that was the first and the last time they tricked me
>>
File: 0876 - qE6LXKK.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
0876 - qE6LXKK.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>in Berlin
>get three day travel pass
>travel around without problem
>on way back to train station on last day
>get stopped by a policeman on u-bahn (wtf why do you even have policemen doing that job you crazy krauts)
>get fined 40 euros for not having stamped the ticket
>policeman jokes with me about having a ticket for next time I visit the city
>>
>>1063795
>need to get ferry at 6am
>only a short walk to dock so plan to leave hotel at 5:30am
>no one around, all doors locked
Luckily someone came to let me out when I rang the bell, but damn
>>
>>1064000
>>get terrible diarrhea right at the start of the trip
Oh man, antibiotics do this to me on day 3...I got it once from Dulles to Reykjavik, coach, and queue at rear lavatories was so kind to me twice, letting me skip the line on repeat visits.
>>
>>1064262
>Stash your luggage in their luggage room, go explore the city for six hours, come back to the hostel, get your bag, go to the airport.
Yup, most hotels will gladly do that for you as well. Tip someone.

Alternately, I'll do a veryyyy-long restaurant visit, something with sight-seeing, halfway or close to the airport. Even a nice hotel restaurant if you feel awkward about it. They're used to people killing time waiting for something or someone. Get a place you can guard your bags without hindering their traffic (wheeled uprights ftw).
>>
File: durr.jpg (32 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32 KB, 500x371
>>1064297
>ever paying that fine
>mfw

unless it's a "fine" that they expect you to pay in cash on the spot (not super likely in western europe, in my experience), yeah, nah, i'll just take my next vacation somewhere else
>>
>>1064297
I have purchased an online ticket and already printed. Do I need to stamp it also?
>>
>>1064389
If you have an online printed ticket, it's most likely for a long distance train. The stamping thing only applies for local trains.
>>
>>1064576
Its from DUS airport train station to Duisburg and then take another train to Osnabruck.
>>
>>1064584
If you bought it from DB online and printed it, then that's it. The local tickets do clearly mention "this has to be stamped or it's not valid". But those are only for the city lines, long distance or regional trains don't have that system, and you can buy tickets onboard as well. If your ticket clearly mentions your starting point and destination then there's no stamping it. Conductors will just scan the square code.
>>
>>1064585
Thanks germanon. Yeah, I just watend to be sure.
>>
>>1063795

People who's carry-on luggage won't fit into the overhead compartment or that can't lift their own bag into the compartment. Every one behind these people are having to wait while the situation is resolved. Along those same lines, people who put things like purses, coats, and hats into the overhead bins before everyone's boarded. Most travelers are toting a carry-on; taking up space with stuff that can go under the seat in front of you is being a bastard until everyone is aboard.
>>
>>1064617
Having a seat in business class, and noticing that the overhead bin is full because some plebs from cattle class have put their luggage into the business class bins.
>>
>upcoming cold a few days before flight
>getting your period on flight
>>
File: 1392068290964.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1392068290964.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
Coming from Canada it always takes me like a week to adjust to tropical climates. In that week I sweat like a pig even getting out of bed in the morning.
>>
Australians
>>
>at customs
>have nothing to hide
>still sweating bullets like a mexican trying to cross the border
>>
>>1063795
I can't sleep or eat meals on a plane.
>>
>>1063795
Metal detectors at security, and half the people in front have me are acting like its a complete surprise. And when the realize it, they act like they are on their living room, and just do everything in slow motion. But what gets me the most, is I am always way early but this reoccurring scene always aggrivates me.
>>
>>1063795
>Go to the bathroom/restroom on flight
>suddenly turbulence

>have to take a shit
>plane is about to land
>have to wait a gazillion of precious minutes awaiting for the bridge
>first class passengers go out first
>then old people and children
>have to rush to the airport's bathroom to take a shit
>all toilets are occupied

>didn't sleep the whole night
>want to take a nap on the flight
>old lady in the other seat turns the light on because she wants to complete her word puzzle

>getting treated like a terrorist although you're an european citizen with no relation to middle east at all

>110% Americans talking loud as fuck in the middle of the airport with this irritating texas ranger accent

>Have to go to the bathroom
>the stewards are serving the meal and tell you "sir, WAIT A MOMENT PLEASE" while giving you a bad look
>you wait for like 5 minutes
>they behave like they don't give a fuck

Last one belongs to alitalia
>>
>>1064739
>110% Americans talking loud as fuck in the middle of the airport with this irritating texas ranger accent

happens to me all the time but with american hipsters homos that laugh and act like that fligh would change their lifes
>>
>>1064251
>Hostel check-in at 3 pm
>Arrive at 10 am
>>
>>1064617
not just taking their shit out and asking out loud who it belongs to and explaining that they need to put this shit under their seat not where i need to put my bag
>>
File: arya.jpg (36 KB, 378x480) Image search: [Google]
arya.jpg
36 KB, 378x480
>before 9 am in hostel room
>people rustling plastic bags
>>
>>1064851
>partyfags wake you up at 2am
>every night
>the satisfaction of making noise at 8am

feels good man
>>
File: 1353548442358.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1353548442358.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>>1064854

>taking a greasy alcohol shit and using the t-shirt or towel of an rustling early bird to wipe your ass
>>
>>1064857
>partyfags being this mad

enjoy your hangover :^))))
>>
>>1064584
What takes you to Osnabruck?
>hearing my hometown mentioned EVER on 4chan

Granted I haven't lived there for like 15 years, but I'm curious to know. Was just there over the Christmas break.
>>
>>1064617
Just today, was taking the train back home after New Years at home, and some fucking French sandnigger couple (the woman way over-dressed and with long pink talons) took like literally 5 minutes to decide first on a free (unreserved) seat and then where to store their luggage (three small suitcases -- just fucking put them anywhere!). Don't know what they said but the bitch with giant fake Gucci sunglasses on top of her hijab was jabbering a lot, telling her husband where to put stuff I guess... Meanwhile a line of people are waiting to go past in both directions.

Stand to the side and let people past. We finally get through and our seat is behind them, but they've taken up all the overhead storage.

There was also some retarded woman sitting in our seat. Stank like cheap cigs and piss, and when we politely told her we had reserved seats, she gave us a really dirty look, slowly got up and scuttled off leaving fucking chip crumbs all over the seat and her stank-ass butt stench in the air.
>>
>>1064731
I can't sleep either, it really sucks. In bed, I can sleep like a rock through snoring, alarms and traffic noise or whatever, but I just can never doze off on planes, even with the help of (mild) drowsy drugs.
>>
>>1063795
they should designate 4 overhead luggage compartments with plexyglass and soundproofing to kids.

the airline that does this will have my loyalty for life
>>
>SFO to HKG
>Reserved seating
>Have to ask a motherfucker to get out of my seat twice.
>>
>>1063795
Chinese tourists especially when they cut into a long line
>>
>>1064885
>stuffing kids in overhead

I'd add a large plexiball ball hanging off a chain on the tail for the worst of Chinese tourists. You know the kind I mean... with that special stank of cigarettes, cooking oil and fishy breath, who are loud talking, generally noisy pushy motherfuckers. A blanket, oxygen tank and perhaps bottle of cheap cognac to lure them inside in the first place.
>>
>plane doesn't have outlets to charge laptop/phone
>yet they offer a paid wifi service that you buy with your ticket

What the fuck? How can I use the wifi I paid for when my devices die? At least tell me on my ticket that there are no outlets.
>>
>>1065110
>>1065110
PRO tip: a lot of planes have something under the seat. It's well-hidden and the flight attendants roll their eyes when you ask for the adaptor ;)
>>
File: tippoweego falls.png (3 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
tippoweego falls.png
3 MB, 2880x1800
Can't find my way back to Tippoweego Falls...
>>
I really hate when people who are sitting at the back of the plane just throw their luggage into the first locker with space on their way through the plane... It just results in a huge waste of time at both take off and landing
>>
>>1064706
This. Man I'm from the Med, I have a huge bushy black beard I have to keep for work and I have natural big black bushy eyebrows. I look terrorist as fuck. I've resorted to wearing really fancy-looking clothes, talking in an american accent and carrying a clearly-visible crucifix just to disarm people cause a suicide bomber-tier psycho would never dress or act like this western.
>>
>>1065125
>I have a huge bushy black beard I have to keep for work

Do you in fact work as a terrorist?
>>
>>1065128
No, I'm an actor in TV and Film. There's a pretty penny to be made these days fitting into the "not really threatening/helpful support arab guy".
>>
>>1065125
I wonder if the over compensation actually just makes you more suspect
>>
>>1065132
Well that's how I generally look and talk, but you're right. "No sirree, no bomb threat here, just your average western piggu".

Maybe I should pull out a piece of bacon and eat it when I get stopped for my 100% random cavity search.
>>
File: 1450239662155.jpg (2 MB, 9999x8542) Image search: [Google]
1450239662155.jpg
2 MB, 9999x8542
>>1065110
>mfw travelling on a flight with sockets for the first time
>>
>>1064297
>tfw lived in a German city that didn't require ticket stamping

Feels smug desu
>>
>>1065152
>travelling on a flight with sockets
I did that in 2003 on Singapore Air.

The best airline.
>>
>>1065136
Honestly, I have a feeling that wearing the cross would make an ignorant TSA American worker suspect you to be an extremist muslim terrorist. Even if the cross is a Christian thing, it's linked to devotion and unless they actually know anything about Islam, I can see them making that retarded link.

Anyway, I feel for you, man. My family can pass for Mexican and it's such a shitshow any time we cross into the US. It actually gets so bad that I have to tell them we're Canadian, won't get stuck in your country, and really have no intention/would ever want to live there (no offense, obviously - I love the US but Canada treats me better).

And on that topic...pet peeves: how US customs always give my immigrant parents who have lived here for 40 years the hardest time in the world.

Border guard: "what is your relationship to your car"
My dad: "lolwut? with perfect grammar but an obvious FOB asian accent"
Border guard: *shitstorm questioning ensues*

Jesus fuck. EVERY TIME.
>>
>>1065171
Sounds nice. Which city is that? Why your train system requires stamping?
>>
>>1065318
Post a pic of you brwon skin face and we will judge
>>
>be white british
>go to America
>get questioned like they've just caught me flying the plane into the WTC

I know it's the same for everyone but when they start asking you why you're there, how much money you've got on you and shit you start to doubt yourself

I was only there for 45 minutes getting a connecting flight to Canada haha
>>
come to checkinm with large rolling suitcase, smaller cabin sized suit case .
'sir, the large suitcase is to heavy"\]
End up 10 min shifting shit, wearing two cameras round my neck.
I don't get this shit
>>
File: 1436790465582.png (51 KB, 681x560) Image search: [Google]
1436790465582.png
51 KB, 681x560
not a pet peeve but a fucking great feel

>6'5
>ticket number 45b or some shit
>get there
>it's an emergency exit seat with tons of legroom
>>
>>1064623
>Having a seat in business class, and noticing that the overhead bin is full because some plebs from cattle class have put their luggage into the business class bins.
Getting to your seat too late FTW. Flight attendants _should_ watch that passengers dont do that, but they look the other way once things get very full when first and second row coach do that. If they see it, they typically fit your bag in, and take down the wrong bag above your seat, and hand it to the gate agent in the jetway to check it with the pile of strollers and walkers going into the belly. Know your rights! But, probably what happened is that your business class neighbors put two bags up, to keep their own legroom free from their personal item. They don't have enough room for every single person to do that on a full flight, again why flight attendants watch. If you want to be a total jerk, pull out someone elses bag, place it in the aisle and let that person immediately spot it, take care of it right away, and you kind of ignorantly apologize it away like you were going to place it back in there (haha, no). If they aren't sitting right there and recognize it, then it's simply now for sure no one around you and shouldn't be there, and that's one getting checked now!

(Source; I fly standby 50% of the past decades, so I know all about boarding last!)

(P.S. Sometimes it's crew bags, esp in First, hogging the bins, so be careful and read those tags before you pull a rude move, but they have no qualms moving their bags back to last row coach bins or floor of the coat closet in First).
>>
>been traveling for 18+ hours
>plane lands at 6:00 am
>hotel check-in is at 4:00 pm

Fuck me I just want to nap, not shuffle around the city like a zombie for 10 hours
>>
>>1065372
6'4" fag here (with a bad back )
I feel you anon
>>
>>1065454
>>been traveling for 18+ hours
>>plane lands at 6:00 am
>>hotel check-in is at 4:00 pm
>Fuck me I just want to nap, not shuffle around the city like a zombie for 10 hours
This is a big problem with the red eyes to Reykjavik. I've had 3 separate hotels act horsey with me about the bags and absolutely no early check-in. But, I've discovered Blue Lagoon has no issue at all holding a bag for ya., so it's the first stop now.

Most larger sized hotels I've been to all over the world have no issue holding the bags for you behind the desk in a little managers office or closet there. And, even half of the time they seem it would be impossible to get a room early, they do anyway if you sit in the lobby and say you'll wait, just as soon as a maid cleans one of the early checkout folks they'll call you over, or say "oh, 10am is the earliest". They really just don't want to be held to a promise or rush a staff to do one faster than the routine. I've parked bags, removed swimsuits from carryons, and lounged at hotel pools (napped in a chair)too. This is a strategy for early checkout and late flights, as well. Have a double set of ziplocs for the damp suit!
>>
>>1064868
Well, last year I traveled to Quakenbruck for a business trip. Made a quick trip to Osnabruck by car and I liked your town. So this time is a short vacation for myself. Have been reviewing and searching that there us a lot of history and places to see, eat and more. Any advice for me? I will be in second and third week of march 2016.
>>
>>1065486
Good hotels will try to give you a early check in. Its caring for customers. Why nordics being so retarded?
>>
>>1064121
I watched Jin Roh on my flight from Chicago to San Diego a few days ago and was tryna be mega discreet with the first part when they toss the satchel charge, and then the next one where the girl blows herself up.
>>
>>1064365
>unless it's a "fine" that they expect you to pay in cash on the spot (not super likely in western europe, in my experience)
It was, and the cop was scary looking. He had that SS look, and a gun on his hip.
>>
>>1065372
>not flying southwest
>then being able to sit wherever you want
>for cheap as shit
>free snacks and drinks as well
>fewer fees
eat my southwest shilling pleb
>>
>>1063795
I feel you OP, part of it is due to packing late
>>
>>1063795

>get shuttle bus to airport
>50 niggers/mudshits hotbox you with their 3rd world odours
>>
>>1065600
So? How it ended? He did only talk in German?
>>
>>1065766
In which hellish european city do you live?
>>
>>1065603
I'm British so never even seen a southwest plane Tbh
>>
>>1063795
thats good OP , then you get some sleep in the plane
>>
Flying. I love travelling but I loathe flying.
>>
>daytime sleepers
Those guys who are dead asleep in the dorm at 3p and are pissed off when woken up by talking roommates or the lights flicking on. It's the middle of the fucking day, friend, normal travelers are usually awake at these hours.

>those who refuse to put their seatback upright
The ones that ignore the cabin announcement and keep their seat reclined for meals/takeoff/landing until a flight attendant spots them and forces them to put it back up... then immediately reclines it again.

>>1064851
>>1064854
I'm a partyfag and an earlybird, and it's definitely the rustling plastic bags at 5a in the morning that piss me off more. If you're getting up that early, then please have your shit ready the night before ffs.
>>
>Groups of Asians

The larger, the worse. I'm ok with Asian people. Alone or in couples they're fun to have around. But large (tour)groups of Asians are absolutely horrible.
>>
>>1065600
Those fines are always on the spot, as they know no one would ever ever pay otherwise. German cops are pussies though, and transit police are the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't fear them much.
>>
>>1065808
Fucking this. It's uncomfortable, a chore, noisy, too bloody paranoid and the more I can't stop imagining goblins on the wings throwing shit into the engines, the more I somehow get stuck with window seats.

It's just fairly unpleasant. If I could get to places as cheaply and fast-like with a ship, I would.
>>
>>1063795
Americans
>>
Flying in general and mainly sitting next to an ill person on a full flight.

Flying isn't too terrible especially when you get that initial excitement of going somewhere, going back is the worst though. Didn't help that last time the guy next to me had a sinus infection. Luckily he spared me the whole blowing the nose thing in front of me for the most part.
Poor guy, his trip must've been hell.
>>
>get a pimple before big trip
>>
>>1065838
>If you're getting up that early, then please have your shit ready the night before ffs.
you mean when people are already sleeping and the room is pitch black? In the end it's a hostel, you have to deal with noise and other people.
>>
>>1065949

This. If you're not wearing earplugs to sleep in a hostel then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>1064297
were they real cops? The german chick I was with said they worked with the train or some shit.

same thing happened to me when I was in berlin. I had just come from paris so I didnt know about this stamping bullshit. Luckily the german chick I was with was ok with paying for both of our fines which is fair because she didnt even tell me about the stamps. Neither of the train nazis even said a word to me.
>>
>>1063795
having to take laxatives to be able to shit.

my digestive system shuts down when im on vacation
>>
>>1066262
I feel you, man. I wonder what causes it
>>
>>1066268
Could be a range of things...
- Change of cuisine
- Jetlag
- Eating at the wrong time (Body is used to different times, kinda falls under jetlag)
- unease of using public bathrooms to poop or just the fact that its not at home
- Dehydration, overuse of alcohol (which also leads to dehydration)

For me it's often a few days of having trouble taking a shit and after that I often get the runs for a few days. Which I mostly account to the change in cuisine, eating times and alcohol (ab)use.
>>
>>1066023
That is a fair ass chick. I hope you at least fuqd dat
>>
>>1065948
Fucken airplanes man, gets me every time
>>
>buying bad coke

>tranny hookers don't turn out like the pictures looked

>get passport stolen

>getting a hotel with two queen beds and not a king

>overlooked steak

>Muslims

Ect
>>
>>1066729
>tranny hookers don't turn out like the pictures looked

I am intrigued. What's the full story?
>>
>>1064365

> not being able to enter in that country anymore in your life because in the past you refused to pay a 40€ fine

Yup really worth it
>>
>>1066729
Tell full story
>>
>>1066852

Was in London once and got two high end Asian trannies and both were scalding hot on photo.

Got to the place and one was like a 5/10 but them again the other was a 10/10, lets just says the other one didn't get much action
>>
>tfw you meet an awesome girl the night before your next flight, every fucking time
>>
>>1063955
my immune system always freaks the fuck out after flying. My lymph nodes will swell up and it hurts to swallow. Vitamin C is the only thing that helps. Don't know what to do about it besides getting plenty of sleep and not drinking alcohol but damn it's annoying. I'm mostly certain it comes from the amount of new and foreign germs you come into contact with.
>>
File: 1377832755704.gif (558 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1377832755704.gif
558 KB, 300x169
>>1067046
this happens to me quite a few time already
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 426x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 426x347
>>1063795
This. Every fucking time.

>Normally can sleep pretty well aside from douchebag neigbours
>More than often fall asleep on the couch
>Can't pull of late-nighters that well anymore like my early 20's

Meanwhile, before a trip.
My brain: Hey! I need to catch a pretty long and tiresome plane ride tommorow, plus find my hotel! Better not fucking sleep!
>>
>>1066262
>>1066268
last time this happened was esp awkward as i was staying in a shoebox in HK with a girl that had a shower/toilet closet thing
>>
>From Finland
>Extremely shy
>Get loaded every day for a month (interrail) just to be able to talk to people
>Get alcoholism
T-thanks /trv/...
>>
File: 1452317542602.jpg (53 KB, 631x350) Image search: [Google]
1452317542602.jpg
53 KB, 631x350
>get comfy in seat ready for a nice 7 hour flight
>kid starts screaming
>>
>you have to stay in a hostel because you fucked up with airbnb

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>1064854
Why don't you guys use earplugs? I don't think I could have slept a single night in dorms without them (ok, except when passed out drunk). Earplugs and a sleep mask insulate you from pretty much everything that people do in dorms.
>>
I have a question regarding flight seats. I've never been on a plane before. I am approx 250lbs. I'm flying economy with qatar airways. Will I fit in the seats?
>>
>>1068741
Earplugs are nowhere near enough to block out the sounds of loud drunk assholes.
>>
>having gas on the plane
>>
>>1068865
That's normal. Much worse is:

>fat guy next to you has gas on the plane
>>
>>1068757
>I am approx 250lbs. I'm flying economy
>Will I fit in the seats?
No. Buy two seats.
Well, you probably will.
>>
>>1068757
I'm 230, 5'9''. Well, I have a 'bear' body... I do workout and play rugby in an amateur league so some is muscle, but yea I'm chubby too. I get hit on by gays all the time (not gay though).

You will fit fine, if a little snug. I think you only have to worry if you're over 300.
>>
>>1068739
How?
>>
>>1065486
>3 separate hotels act horsey with me about the bags

Horsey? Did they....

...say 'nay'?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>1065934

>cheaply

There's your problem. Airline profit margins are relatively competitive. Coach is a hellhole not just to fit more people in, but to encourage more sales in business class seats.
>>
>>1065949

What do you expect if you're too cheap to get a hotel room? Suck it up, cupcake.
>>
>>1064295
>train station closed at 10
The fuck
>>
>>1068865
I just rip ass silently the whole time. I made someone audibly disgruntled after a while. They were sinfully putrid
>>
>>1068593
This happened to me
>>
>>1067049
You sound like a little bitch
>>
>>1065129
>No, I'm an actor in TV and Film. There's a pretty penny to be made these days fitting into the "not really threatening/helpful support arab guy".
Braid it twice. Wear a fake nose ring. Put on a really folded up ugly straw cowboy hat or outback hat with one snap up. Pull off a pesky kritter removal guy-reptile handler/ex-Korn signer kind of vibe.
>>
>Go to airport feel fine
>Fly, feel fine
>Land, fine
>Walking out, fine
>Halfway through the arrival airport, and suddenly I have to take the sloppiest shit of my fucking life
>Have to jam into a bathroom with my luggage and shlop my asshole over the toilet
>>
>In Germany, on train
>have to piss
>go to toilet cubicles, two are side-by-side
>one is occupied, so use the other
>go in and lock door, slight mist of piss on floor, smells bad already, but that's typical enough,
>lift lid...
>it is FULL of piss and a log of shit, plus some fucking idiot tried to flush a plastic 'hygiene' bag (i.e. for tampons), so it's clogged
>hold back my retch a little, consider for a few seconds if I should just piss too
>think, no, I can't, it'll overflow, I'm not that piggish, smell getting to me...
>get out of there
>right outside there is qt3.14 waiting for a toilet after me.
>don't speak German, say "uh, it must be of order"
>she doesn't understand, goes in
>comes right back out and looks at me
>IT WASN'T ME
>I go back to my seat
>turns out she's sitting a few seats beyond me, but facing my direction
>have to avoid eye-contact for the next 2 hours.
>>
File: GODLEFTMEUNFINISHED.jpg (32 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
GODLEFTMEUNFINISHED.jpg
32 KB, 500x282
>Be me, 20, just a guy on a Midnight flight with an expected 6-7 hour flight.
All I want is to just go home and sleep. I'm Stuck with the aisle seat with no pillow, nothing. Immediately after we level out, someone is sitting across the aisle from me is rapidly unpacking and moving bags in the seat next to her. Fat, 40 Y/o sassy black woman bought the entire row in a packed flight. She set up two laptops on two tray tables and placed every bag (There were bags in bags, and she took every single one out) on the seats. After she set up her intense "Journalist Nook", she starts loudly chatting with two women in front of her. She clearly doesn't know these two, but they feel fine to talk along. They are guffawing and shouting. Everyone who isn't them is just trying to sleep, stare daggers, or staring forwards. I'm just hoping they realize soon that they are being Super-Cunts. Then our Black-Sassteress starts going off on 18-30-year-olds. She exclaims along the lines of "everyone who isn't 40+ is inferior"
>Ma'amYouCan'tBeSerious.FileFormatMeme
Then some cheery ear-to-ear smile guy behind me leans forward from his seat, slaps his knee and just laughs loudly in my ear. At this point, I am tired, exhausted, and I have a headache, but I praise the lord David Bowie that my pacifism will pay off.

[Part 1, I guess, the story isn't that good. Stick around for the TL:DR]
>>
File: IJustDontCare.gif (498 KB, 460x250) Image search: [Google]
IJustDontCare.gif
498 KB, 460x250
>>1072067

[Part 2, Finally]

After they talk non-stop for 3 hours, one of them slaps my knee. I didn't see which one, but when they did, I looked over instantly and they all shut up and looked away. I have no Idea why they did that at all. 30 Minutes of silence later, they continue on talking. I am watching the sun rise as my ear is berated by an additional Christian pandering, ageism, racism, and just scientific babble. After the flight, I have no patience for anyone, and as everybody is unbuckling, I grab my bags and haul ass off the plane. As I look back, Sassteress isn't even making an effort to pack up anything. I bet the flight attendants will love someone packing up multiple bags after everyone got off.

TL:DR: I hate Loud Obnoxious people who talk loudly on Midnight flights. I hate people who Slap me on (midnight) flights.
>>
>>1063795
>Can't sleep the night before a big journey
Happens to me too
It's why I take drugs to put me to sleep
>>
>>1063795
>not drugging and drinking yourself into dreary submission
>>
>plan trips based on local transport timetables
>local transport can't stay on schedule
>>
>Sit down in aisle seat of 3 person row for flight
>two pre-teens sit in middle and window
>get approached by flight attendent, get asked to move
>"Mr. Anon, it's company policy that adult men may not sit with unaccompanied minors"
>Some fat bitch is moved to my seat
>Get moved to a fire exit row with more legroom
not a bad trade-off 2bh, didn't want to sit next to two yappy kids for 10+ hours anyway
>>
>The day of your flight is usually wasted completely, you spend 4 hours doing nothing at the airport after checking in your bags, up to an hour when you arrive witing to retrieve them, and then there's the hours you actually spend on the plane itself, with nothing to do.

Is the 3-4 hour wait before boarding a flight common everywhere or is it just in US airports?
>>
>>1072204
I've heard 3 hour international 2 hours domestic, but in my experience 1 hour total is all you need 99% of the time, although you can get unlucky with a long wait for international flights while theyre checking passports
>>
>>1072204
>not having access to the lounge

Pleb. It's awesome to be at the airport for 2-3 hours in the lounge enjoying the free food and drinks.
>>
>researching any place in the world, on any website
>5 OUT OF 5 STARS, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, GREAT FOOD, AMAZING EXPERIENCE

Can't ever get a real breakdown of a place including cons
>>
>>1072624
Try looking for reviews for the same hotel written in German.

>Where's the autistic British wanna-be Stephen King of Tripadvisor when you need him.
>>
Anal police with nothing better to do

>Visiting family in Belgium
>Policeman stops me
>Says I'm being fined for cycling on the pavement
>Asks for my address
>Tell him I'm visiting and can't remember the address
>Gets super exasperated and keeps asking me where I'm staying
>Eventually lets me go
>>
>Be travelling to Japan for the 3rd time to see some friends
>Sitting in aisle seat of middle row
>3 18-20 yr olds sit next to me
>Talk about anime and akihabara, the whole fucking flight
>Ask me if I like anime
>"not really... no"
>"WHAT?? THEN WHY ARE YOU GOING TO JAPAN THEN?!"

>They follow me after the flight because they don't know where to get their rail passes

Fucking weebs man
>>
>>1063795
Pop some Zzzquil.
Problem solved.
>>
>>1072318
>being so poor that you can't afford food and drinks when not dispensed to you in some sort of trough
>calling others pleb
>>
>>1072676
>fined for cycling on the pavement
I've been stopped for this a couple times, though managed to talk (grovel) myself out of a ticket. But every time I have thought "jesus christ, you dumb pig, are you this desperate to make your ticket quota..."
>>
>>1063795
Australians in general vicinity
>>
>Alitalia, Rome-LosAngeles flight
>miss, I am a little bit hugry
>Grapefruit juice, salted peanut
>10 times on a journey
>>
>>1073169
same here

I have a 0,5inch trimmed, oiled, waxed beard+moustache
>>London: Normal /fa/ fit guy.
arrive ti the greatest country in the world
>>NewYork: handled like a fuckin müezzin, made out of gunpowder and cocaine.
(fun fact, muslims trim off the moustaches, and doesn't take care of their beard)
>>
>>1072679

So errr, where do you get your rail passes
>>
>>1073175
Google
>>
>>1073172
faggot
>>
File: aaa.jpg (106 KB, 974x449) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
106 KB, 974x449
>>1073193
why exactly?
it wasn't gay-ish, but it was a well prepared, trimmed facial hair, not some curly, thin beard
>>
Hotel worker here

We will try to check you in early if a room's available. Feel free to ask. (I even take down people's numbers and call them once their room's ready for them. I work at a tiny hotel). But if I say it's too early and we have no rooms, it means it's too early and we have no rooms. Fuck off. Arguing with me will guarantee terrible service.

Also feel free to leave your luggage with me and/or ask about local shit to see.
>>
>>1072069
>>1072067
I haven't flown much in my life, but can't you ask people like this to quiet down? Not touch you? And get earplugs?
>>
>>1064661
underrated
>>
>>1068757

i weigh 120 kg (240 pounds) and tall, 190cm, i have problems with my knees in those seats. try to get seats near the emergency exits or buy extra room for comfort. depends on how long your flight is though.
>>
>>1073318
I thought this was common knowledge?

I've nearly always checked in earlier than the usual time.
>>
>>1073572
120kg isn't 240 pounds bro.

240 pounds is about 108 kilos. 120 kilos is 265 pounds. Either you're lying or your math is wrong.

I'm 5'8'', 235 pounds (overweight, but my bicycle is my main mode of transportation and has been for 6 years, and I go to the gym and/or once a week, at least -- so it's not all pure fat). YMMV, I fit in the seats just fine.
>>
>>1063795
When you're on your way back from a foreign country and forget to fill out the blue form flight attendants give you before going through customs.
>>
>>1073598
>I've nearly always checked in earlier than the usual time.
Me too. Or really, really late.

The only time I had a problem was when I checked in at about 3:30am one morning and they counted it as the night before which didn't seem so unreasonable. But then my train out of town was at about 17:00 the day after and they counted that as the next day...
So I was there for about 1 1/2 days and they wanted me to pay for 3 days. Fortunately I had chatted up the hotel receptionist in the in between days and she overruled the arsehole checking me out.
>>
>>1069682
are you calling me a faggot
>>
File: miho.gif (137 KB, 659x576) Image search: [Google]
miho.gif
137 KB, 659x576
>caribbean-irish visiting snowy poland
>get stopped by the police now and then asking for identifaction
refugee crisis pls no
>>
>>1074876
>be latino
>want to visit europe
>oh right...the "refugees"
>shit
>>
>permament resident of Canada, but Australian
>annual visit to see family
>plane filled with 30% obnoxious Australian ski-slope working fuckers (most Canadians understand this)
>30% old racist Australians coming back from vacation
>30% mainland chinese
>10% misc

It's always a fucking struggle dealing with ML Chinese being rude and shitty and not queuing, old racist Australians getting angry at them, and then cocky 20-something year old Australians coming back from working in Banff/Whistler being loud and cocky.

24 hours of pure bullshit.

>mfw when I upgrade to premium economy on air NZ and don't have to talk to anyone
>>
>>1074884
Its pretty awful man. and I can't say 'oh wait until this blowover' because it'll probably get worse from here

These are dark times to be a traveler
>>
>>1074897
>not being able to stand your own countrymen
i feel you
>>
>>1070503
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jesus this got a good laugh out of me
>>
>there is a priority/business line at checkin
>full of plebs who ignore it

Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>1074897
Where is that premium economy? That's a business class seat.
>>
>>1063795
I wish I could feel that excited again.
>>
>>1064739

>110% Americans talking loud as fuck

You can always, ALWAYS pick an american by their volume in a crowded place, even in English speaking countries. Without fail it's 1. Yelling for comprehension aka "They're foreign so I have to talk louder so they'll understand" 2. WOOOO WOOOO WOOOO WE'RE ON HOLIDAYS WOOOO WOO MERRICA or 3. Complaining that not everything is exactly and precisely how they want it to be, like it is back home.
>>
>>1067065

Happened to me once, thankfully though I had time to fuck the shit out of her before I left
>>
>>1072095

>drugging and drinking yourself into dreary submission

I'll take "real life" for $500, Bob...
>>
>>1072204
>up to an hour when you arrive witing to retrieve them

1. Pack carry on with essentials
2. Put other stuff in trunk
3. Mail trunk to hotel at destination ahead of time
4. Enjoy never having to wait at the baggage carousel again

If your trip is one month or shorter, you don't need checked luggage.
>>
>>1072624

Book 1-2 nights in any random hotel, then ask the locals where to go for the rest of your stay. They know where the good shit is.
>>
>>1073233

Confirmed for faggot
>>
>>1075073
Air NZ, it's in his post
>>
>>1075100
I have a hard time believing any airline would have economy seats like that. That's the same seat that Cathay had in their business class for example.
>>
>>1075111
Well, they did win the 'Airline of the year' award 3 years in a row on airlineratings.com. And you can google "air new zealand premium economy" to have a look for yourself. But I just checked some prices out of curiosity and it's definitely not cheap, even though it has the word "economy" in it. A round trip from Amsterdam to Chirstchurch in July would cost me €3300.
>>
>>1067046
happened to me. beautiful indian woman, was flying from amsterdam to-
>>1075084
you based motherfucker. storytime.
>>
>>1065603
Gotta love those Southwest flights with plains that you can't even stand up straight in
Flying tall is suffering
>>
>>1075568
>Gotta love those Southwest flights with plains that you can't even stand up straight in
Are you in a puddle jumper commuter plane Embraer or something? The airline doesn't determine the tall person pain when it's a low cabin, that's the size of the plane, which is usually related to the size of the route's traffic. Be lucky anyone flies to whatever little town you obviously frequent.
>>
>>1075572
>The airline doesn't determine the tall person pain when it's a low cabin, that's the size of the plane, which is usually related to the size of the route's traffic
No shit m8
You should probably try reading the reply chain. If you can't make out the context it's back to middle school for you so you can learn a thing or two about reading comprehension.
>>
>>1075568
Southwest only flies one kind of plane, a 737. It's kind of their thing. If you can't stand in a 737, you should be used to not fitting in a kinds of non airborne places.
>>
>>1075577
Tall people and seat comfort/legroom is one thing. The height of the cabin is not. 6'5 isn't going to have difficulty unless it's a turboprop. I'm tall, and my whole family is tall. But it your airline wants to fly a widebody, 747, or a 777 or a bombardier, it's your less important route and $$$, not your specific airline choosing shitty planes.

Maybe you have an issue with spelling a plane as "plains" and should quit posting replies to replies where you suggest others have a problem with comprehension.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 250x233
I can't sleep in planes no matter how hard I try. Speaking of, I have a flight from NY to Madrid in a few months. What pills can I take to be able to sleep?
>>
>>1075681
Just take a couple hundred random ones and you'll be able to sleep forever
>>
>>1074884
Honestly, we can usually tell Latinos from arab shitskins. Spain and Portugal are full of native darker-toned Europeans. Only the thicker-skulled racists can't tell the difference. Dress well, speak good English, eat lots of our tasty pork or alcholic products and you'll be fine. You could wear a latin american football jersey and a small cross necklace if it helps.
>>
>>1075083
>3. Complaining that not everything is exactly and precisely how they want it to be, like it is back home
Everyone does this, just quieter. Or it's in some ching-chong language so you just don't realize it.
>>
>>1075084
Storytime? Storytime.
>>
>>1075734
I think he was more afraid of the refugees rather than being mistaken for one.
>>
>>1075734
ohh man i didn't think of wearing a necklace to show im no stinkin arab
>>
>>1067049
can confirm
flying fucking sucks
>>
>making out with girl
>she wants to fuck
>oh wait we're in a hostel. Can't take her back to a room full of other people

Two times guys! This has happened to me two times already. How do you guys do it?
>>
>>1075930
Christ, get creative. Fuck her in a quiet alleyway, or take a shower/toilet cubicle if it's free. If she were expecting a queen mattress and rose petals, she clearly wouldn't be choosing to fuck a stranger.

I fucked two girls in an alleyway (after midnight so dark, no windows, mid-size towns without tonnes of homeless lurking in the shadows -- one in England, one in Italy). Another I fucked on the roof of our hostel in Granada, that was majestic. The roof was accessible and had a couch under an awning, but for some reason no one else used it, probably because it wasn't really loudly advertised...
>>
>need to constantly be drinking water or I get super dehydrated, dry and gross
>8 hr flight back from Japan
>Japanese girl next to me doesn't get up the whole time and only sleeps
>had to pee the whole time

>knees usually close to back of seat because poor posture keeps me from sitting completely back
>sweet aisle seat
>looks like no one sitting in back of me
>plane takes off
>old Chinese man moves to sit in backt of me
>Chinese in front of me has seat backj whole time
>bastard in back tells the flight attendant to make me raise my seat because he wants to use table the whole 10 hours
>too beta to complain he doesn't even belong there
>knees touching because seat back and can't attempt to get comfy because united is shit F

>60 year old fat man whp smells like balls has his rolls on the arm rest
>constant whiffs of bathroom because directly across from it at the same time as ball smell
>>
>transferring between terminals at Heathrow
>only an hour between flights
, >:^(
>>
>>1075935
Fair point. It is the winter so outdoors might be tough, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind
>>
>>1075993
If you do it in a shower, maybe don't turn on the water. Some places only have solar heating (or some other problem), which means no hot water at night. So you end up trying to have sex and a cold shower at the same time.
>>
>>1075930
Just fug her in the room, man. We've all done it.
>>
>>1066836
lol noob do you even EU?
>>
>>1072192
how was murrica anon?
>>
File: 1450841142259.jpg (49 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1450841142259.jpg
49 KB, 414x499
>>1065603
tfw always in the A 1-30 boarding group on southwest because I'm autistic about checking in the moment it opens online
>>
>>1075937
>first story
thats brutal
>>
>>1065286
I did a trip on the SQ's Airbus A380 recently, didn't see a power plug in economy class.
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
Israeli tourists; have had problems with them everywhere in SEA. I've been to Israel before and the people were pretty nice so I'm not sure where these fuckheads come from

>traveling around thailand a couple summers ago
>meet a qt danish girl there, traveling around for about a week together
>on koh phangan for my birthday
>mothers day weekend, absolute fucking nightmare to get down there cause all the flights/boats/trains are booked
>end up taking 8 hour taxi for a billion dollars, plus a ferry ride to koh samui and some sketchy canoe to get over to the island
>sitting on the beach, been traveling all day at this point and just tired, hungry and pissed off
>girl walks off to go get us drinks
>comes back with two israeli fucktards and some spanish dude hounding her
>spanish guy was chill - sees me and apologizes and leaves us alone
>israeli niggers ask me if i'm willing to share her
>what
>sit down next to us and ask if they can have some of our drinks
>politely tell them to fuck off
>they won't leave
>get up in one of their faces (i'm not a big guy) and tell him less politely to fuck off
>guy tells me he has a gun with him (lol) and that he could kill me if he wanted to
>tells me the girl is an ugly american (lol again) and my drink is shit (???)
>kicks sand on my backpack and walks away
>see another group of israelis later throwing a bitch fit at one of those glow-in-the-dark body paint places cause he moved while she was doing it and it got on his clothes or something
>see ANOTHER bunch of them screaming at a ten year old girl who mixed their drinks wrong
>mfw
>>
>>1073233
I feel like your picture just proves that radical Muslims can have beards in both styles...
>>
>single male
>everyone treats you like a homeless person/terrorist/autistic weirdo

they should just institute a no-singles policy for travel like they have for movie theaters
>>
>>1076083
>travel as a single male
>talk to people everywhere
>locals, single girls, old couples on holiday, pairs of girls, middle aged men and women etc.
>get friendly treatment from everyone

Anon I think the problem might be with you, I am not even that great at talking to strangers. Also this isn't /tv/, that meme does not work here.
>>
>>1076059
>I'm not sure where these fuckheads come from
basically they all come from their mandated military service and go to southeast asia to blow off steam. they're a problem everywhere
>>
>>1074900
dark times to be a dark traveller, you mean :^)
>>
>>1076092
yes, I was attemping to make that setup but I was sleepy
>>
>10 hour flight
>screaming toddler in next seat

Pic related, taken a few minutes ago. I'm in the air right now. And yes, this is fucking business class. There is a special place in hell for people who bring their hellspawns to business class.
>>
>>1076139
stay strong, Anon
>>
>>1076144
Alcohol is going to be the only solution. Down the throat of that crotchfruit that is.
>>
>>1076139

That's rough, man.

What airline?

My three favorite B-Classes are Cathay, Lufthansa, and Aeroflot.

Got to say, the hardware on AA is solid. My issue with flying AA international is the whole upgrade/entitlement mentality of the passengers.
>>
>>1076186
Finnair. I'm testing their brand new A350. Have to say, it's pretty close to 10/10 would recommend. The seats are the same as with Cathay. Easily comparable to the best I've flown.
>>
>>1076204

Is it weird the only Airbus I've ever liked was the 340?

How do you like the 350 so far?

What are the stewardesses like on Finnair?
>>
>>1076207
The 350 is the most awesome plane type I have flown, seriously. Everything about it screams "this is the latest best hi-tech ever". It's smooth and quiet.

Crew is very nice to me, maybe because I'm so good-looking, haha. One pretty stewardess is a bit flirty with me. Like most European airlines the stewardesses get their picks by seniority so some of them are our parents' age, but not all fortunately.
>>
Just arrived after a 10 hour flight from South America to the U.S., at the airport waiting for my final connecting flight.

My peeve: the guy next to me was a fatty, spilling over into my seat.

He was nice, but I'm not happy that his weight problem became my problem.
>>
>>1076139
>on a flight to Austria
>a baby starts crying
>all around us are middle eastern families who can't speak any foreign languages
>the usual deal
>start getting pissed off
>say loudly to my friend sitting next to me that the baby sounds like a boiling teapot
>friend cracks up, other friend is embaressed
>old guy three rows futher turns to us and starts chuckling
>put on headphones and watch a movie
wasn't too bad
>>
This happened yesterday.

>on second flight of a 15 hour journey
> tall, fat pregnant woman needs aisle seat
>sits in front of me
>first thing she does, recline the seat all the way back
>can't even watch the TV screen due to the way its positioned
>ask for her to move seat forward
>she can't as she is preggers but has a small bump
>me raging inside all throughout the flight.
>>
>>1076229
Uhh... seats are made to be declined. Unless it's during takeoff or landing, she did nothing wrong.
>>
>arrive after long flight, tired
>a few big planes have arrived just before
>endless queue at immigration
>planes have come from places like India, so queue is full of big families with screaming kids, and each one of them takes ages to process by immigration

At the risk of sounding racist, you really should try to pick the "whitest" queue. Darker skin, longer immigration.
>>
>>1076237
More airports need ePassport gates
>>
>>1076234
>Uhh... seats are made to be declined. Unless it's during takeoff or landing, she did nothing wrong.
This.

If you can't stand someone in your face in a reclining seat, then your rage is your focusing upon something you can not change. It was made to be reclined.

I do think some airlines have taken some row positioning and design liberties, esp with angles of TV screens, and moving rows closer than they ever were before, but something like 50% of people have arthritis, sciatica, neck or back issues, and moving a seat a few degrees, even as a change of pace is healthy and prevents greater pain issues, and it's why it was made to recline. It doesn't aid sleep if it wasn't in First/Business with the footrest anyway, it just moves the back to a different angle.

Get over it and work on your rage. You can't change this, you can just recline your seat too.
>>
>>1076237
>>arrive after long flight, tired
>>a few big planes have arrived just before
>>endless queue at immigration
>>planes have come from places like India, so queue is full of big families with screaming kids, and each one of them takes ages to process by immigration
>At the risk of sounding racist, you really should try to pick the "whitest" queue. Darker skin, longer immigration.
This is federal spending at its finest. Before Obama...queues were awesome and timed where peak hours had more agents and local airports has so much control over making a nice first impression on visitors and treating natives fairly both.
When sequestration first happened, it was an edict that went out to purposefully inconvenience the most nonsense places to cut back. Park rangers were told to go out and padlock bathroom doors in the middle of the Everglades and Customs/Immigration hours were tinkered with in the same way, to make the most people angry to pressure the non-democrats to vote towards more spending. This tactic is old school...I remember when living in NoVA during the tech boom, Gov Warner cut hours and agency openings to get a VA budget passed....where? He upset DMV lines on purpose, and create a stink it did.

With Customs though, they NEVER EVER fixed the schedules back to the local levels to provide good service again.
>>
People you meet who only talk about themselves and their travel blog and what they've done etc
People who once you tell them you are traveling alone either say "don't you know it's not safe to travel alone?" or give you a weird look
Losing a towel. Seriously. This is the worst item to lose. For whatever reason I couldn't find a place to buy a new one in the Philippines, only teatowels. Considered getting a bunch and stapling them together.
Australians. I'm Australian. 90% of Australians I've met overseas have not been worth talking to. I've kept in touch with exactly 0.
The hostel culture often found of white people getting drunk with other white people either in the hostel or in some white-themed bar, whatever the country is.
Big cities that don't have their shit sorted out (was in Manila recently, holy fuck, the traffic was worse than I have ever imagined traffic being.)
>>
One time at a hostel I believe the woman (and I say woman intentionally; according to another staying at the hostel this woman was 37 years old but had loads of plastic surgery. At first glance I'd say she was maybe 25) in the bed next to me was trying to wake me up at around 4am. Flashing her light in my face, touching my feet (whack), making all sorts of noise. Bitch, I don't care if you want to fuck, it's 4am, I haven't had a proper sleep in 2 days and I'm trying to get one on this shitty ass mattress. Intentionally waking someone up for no good reason is a good way to get smacked. Luckily she stopped after a while and went back to sleep or whatever
>>
>>1063795
>tfw plane bloat kicks in
>>
>>1067046

>tfw this but literally the morning before we were both about to leave for different places
>all we had was conversation shared while eating breakfast
>at the last moment she asked me to write down my name for her, she didn't have facebook
>i only know her first name and the city she's from
>probably never going to see her again

In the fleeting moments we shared, and your face which I slowly forget, I'll miss you, Isabella...
>>
>>1076297
So wait, did you have sex with her or are you just being super creepy?
>>
>>1075088
Why would a local, who has presumably never stayed in a hotel in their own city, know where the good hotels are?

Terrible, terrible advice
>>
>>1076343
>Terrible, terrible advice
First day on /trv/?
>>
Having to wait 24 hours before the flight to book your actual seat on the plane (on BA at least). I don't see why you can't book your actual seats when you buy the ticket, why does it have to be part of check in? It wastes a lot of time on the last day of your holiday having to get onto the website at the first oportunity to book your seat so you're guaranteed to sit to your travelling companions. I thought I'd leave it until later on my honeymoon and my wife and I ended up sitting a few seats away on the plane (we did ask people if we could swap seats but they were aparently too important). If you could book your seats when you buy the tickets instead then it wouldn't matter what time you checked in.
>>
>>Get swabbed for chemical residue during security check in
>>The TSA agent is middle eastern
>>tfw
>>
>>1076245
>>1076234

Recliners are the biggest cunts in the world. You make a flight completely unbearable for the person behind you. Can't watch tv, can't drink/eat anything on your table. How fucking hard is it to not be a dick for a flight. Anytime I get someone who does it I just blow burps into their face.
>>
>>1069682
No, he called you a cupcake.
>>
>>1076218
I don't know why everyone gets so royally butt-raged at babies crying. They're fucking babies, they're uncomfortable, that how they express themselves. This is not unusual. The sound of babies crying is hard-wired to annoy you so that you'll do something about it and see they're not being eaten by a cavelion or stolen by the Human Sacrifice Tribe across the mountain. You cried when you were a baby, too. Yes it's annoying, get over it. Do you think the parents want their baby to cry? Do you think anyone finds your hours of tsking and sighing and dirty looks at all helpful? I'm not even a parent or anything, but for fuck's sake, put on some headphones and shut up about it.
>>
>>1076249
hurr durr it's all Obama's fault!
>>
>>1076287
>The hostel culture often found of white people getting drunk with other white people
The fuck is wrong with you. You really want ass-backwards shitskins ruining the party? As it is, the more adventurous Asians, the more wealthy Latin Americans are invited to the party. Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>1076392
This happened to me in Canada, except the agent was obviously Somali . I had to chuckle about it (internally, so as not to be finger-raped behind a blue curtain). To be fair, it was crowded and he was swabbing like every 10th person.
>>
> being a slave to other peoples wants and needs
>>
>>1076249
>Before Obama...queues were awesome and timed where peak hours had more agents and local airports has so much control over making a nice first impression on visitors and treating natives fairly both.
This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. I flew all the time for work pre-2008 and the customs lines were ALWAYS awful at certain airports.
>>
>>1075935
granada, nicaragua?? de boca en boca??? is that you reuben???
>>
>>1076378
I know some booking sites will let you choose a general area ie. window or aisle seat, but nit specific ones. Still annoying though.
>>
>>1076290
You were snoring
>>
>>1076378
I can always book my seat when I book the ticket. Then again I have frequent flyer statuses with the two airlines I mainly fly with. Some airlines will charge extra for it.
>>
Airport in Philippines with no lines, barriers or any form of queueing etiquette. I am British which makes this unbearable. They push, shove, run over peoples feet with their case wheels and have no regard for others. I'm 6'6" and they apparently can't see me.
>>
>>1076530
Granada in Spain, chico.

>>1076694
I think more and more are starting to... Last international flight I had was with Aer Lingus, and I had to buy my seat choices (have had too many annoyances in the past, not leaving it to chance). I know Aer Lingus is repositioning itself as some kind of "top-shelf discounter", and in the future I'll avoid them, but it was the best route available for me, and cheaper by like $900 on my dates so there we go. Pretty fucking stingy behaviour if you ask me. In addition, they cracked my brand new suitcase on the return flight (I had a seat right above the cargo doors, and watched as they they drove an over-loaded cart up to the doors, then when several bags fell, including mine, they roughly tossed and slammed it down on an empty cart without a moment's hesitation. Cocksuckers.)
>>
>>1075681

Same thing with me bro! It was pretty crazy arriving in Tokyo after a 10 hour flight.

Now I have an 18 hour to Manila soon via Istanbul. I fear the worst.
>>
>>1075681
>pills

Just get drunk. Not drunk enough to be denied boarding obviously.
>>
>can't sleep the night before journey
>currency fucking issues
>every fucking country has its own retarded ticket stamping/pricing/purchasing rules
>tallfag, so never enough legroom

Fuck travelling.
>>
>>1076711
This indeed works like a charm. Have slept 8-9 in one go on a flight before after a little boozing up and nobody next to me who needed to get out in economy.
>>
>that guy with whisky dick that won't stop trying

This just sucks. You're both drunk and neither of you are gonna cum. Just fuck off and let us get to bed. This literally just happened to me, and while I get it. You want to get laid. Doing that shit for over an hour is just plain rude.
>>
>>1076595
How could he be snoring if he was awake through all that? And if you he was asleep and snoring before she woke him up, she wouldn't continue poking him and shit. Also, it doesn't make sense to flash a light in somebody's face to get him to stop snoring.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.