[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get all 50 states and I've got a free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 551x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 551x413
I'm trying to get all 50 states and I've got a free day so I thought I'd drive to Rhode Island for the day. It's about a four hour drive one way, is there anything worth seeing for about six hours? Or should I just wait and plan a New England trip later to see it wth Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine?
>>
You could spend a few of those hours visiting the mansions at Newport. See how the rich lived at the end of the 19th century/ beginning of the 20th century.
>>
>>1063450
Unless you count an Amtrak ride, it's surprisingly hard to get to RI. The faster NYC-Boston routes bypass the state. Since it's so tiny, the only destinations are Providence, Newport and any waterfront community where you can attend a clambake/barbecue. I lived in NYC for 5 years and go to grad school in New England so I've managed to miss it for 9-10 year at this point; I even planned a dedicated trip but it was thwarted by the shittiness of US rail. New Hampshire and Maine were surprisingly cool so a non-Boston trip to New England is recommended but, presently, I don't feel like I've missed out on much for lack of RI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2013_Spuyten_Duyvil_derailment
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.