[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fuckers I'm in New York City. What should I do. Times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey fuckers I'm in New York City. What should I do. Times Square last night was lame as fuck once you get past the spectacle.

Recommend me bars or fun shit to do
>>
>>1117826
Just get on the subway and get off at a random stop and walk around.
>>
File: IMG_20160521_171140.jpg (5 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_171140.jpg
5 MB, 3120x4160
>>1117826
Visit this place
>>
>>1117826
What do you like to do? Literally, in NYC, that's the only question you need to answer and you can go out to do that. Go to the Met, walk through Central Park. It's Spring so I don't know what's going on in Bryant Park but there's usually some free activities that change seasonally (movies, ice skating, plays, etc). Wake up before sunrise and go to the Brooklyn Promenade for a nice view of Manhattan.

Bars are bars. McSorley's for an authentic experience. It's one of the oldest bars in Manhattan. They only sell their own light and dark beer. It's always crowded but fairly cheap, all things considered. The Ginger Man in midtown is good for just the opposite. Lots of microbrews/macrobrews from around the world and it's a place a lot of people go for happy hour. Tons of restaurants. I don't even know where to begin. Go eat at a 4 star restaurant like Eleven Madison or Sushi Nakazawa. Good luck with reservations though. On the flip side, go to Papaya King for a hotdog and Continental for 5 shots for 10 dollars.
>>
not OP
but how do you go to bars and restaurants alone? i feel so awkward.

>Good luck with reservations
this hurts too as trying to get a table for 1 seems even more awkward
>>
I'm here too.
>>
>>1118387
Yo hit me up Wednesday bro.
>>
If you want to outside of Manhattan, bohemian beer hall in Astoria, Chinese on Flushing, Korean in Fort Lee, shit I dunno barcode?
>>
>>1118397
Korean on 32 Street between Fifth and Sixth. Indian on 28th and Lexington.
>>
>>1118361
plz respond
>>
>>1118620
Dude it's NYC..... No one gives a fuck about you son... Go to fucking bars, don't be a sperg and watch a Yankee game or something. Despite the stereotypes, most people are friendly and aren't going to go off on you for taking to them. I'll even hang out with you if you're that worried about it.
>>
>>1117826
Take the 6 train and get off at E 149th st. Beautiful place, especially at night time. You'll get some great views of the city.
>>
>>1118652
lel
>>
go knock down the postcard stand
>>
>>1118908
Be there in 30 minutes. ;p
>>
File: hqdefa.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefa.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>1118121
>Continental for 5 shots for 10 dollars.
http://www.continentalnyc.com/doorpolicy.html
>>
>>1117826
>going out in times square

people who know how to use the internet still do this?
>>
>>1118652
Better yet take the 2 train get off at Junius Street. Best time 1 AM. Meet the inhabitants.
>>
>>1119056
This x1000

You'll have a blast in Brownsville bro.
>>
>>1119520
Hey start a fight. Those guys are pussies.
>>
File: sketch-1464374262112.jpg (389 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1464374262112.jpg
389 KB, 1080x1920
Check out Williamsburg in brooklyn take the water taxi from Manhattan yo there for fun. Go to the Highline Park.
Pik related walk around in the circled area.
>>
Just saw the date. Op is prob not in nyc anymore.
>>
>>1118933

People still dress like this?

Fucking christ m8.
>>
>>1117826
Obligatory I live in pooyork and timesquare is pleb
>>
>tfw going to NYC in 16 hours
>have barely looked into things to do
>don't even know the directions from the airport to the hostel
>haven't packed
how much do i need to pack for a 7 day trip? plz respond
>>
staying in williamsburg from tomorrow (sunday) til thurs. i'll meet up with any of yall mafuckas.
>>1120230
which hostel are you staying at?
I was at HI NYC on 103rd and amsterdam a few months ago. great spot.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.