[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cuba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png (25 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png
25 KB, 1600x800
Just booked flights to Cuba from 11th - 25th Jan. From the UK.

What is the best way to get around?
Any must see locations?
What will it be like for vegetarians?
>>
>>1062630
Vegetarians don't exist in Cuba because vegetarians are stupid

you should get jacked
>>
Internet is impossible to find
Hope your Spanish is good

JK we know it isn't, you're English
>>
So besides the 'critism is so edgy' teens, any real advice?
>>
>>1062736
Cool thanks, the only place i'm certain about seeing is Hemingway's house so other than that I'll check tripadviser.

Being veggie there is making me a bit worried but i'm sure I will manage, even if I just have to buy bread and live off sandwiches.
>>
>>1062821
You want to go on the Manly Caribbean Author tour?

Stop by Jamaica too and see the house where James Bond was written.
>>
File: bus schedule.gif (117 KB, 720x558) Image search: [Google]
bus schedule.gif
117 KB, 720x558
>>1062736
>Long distance bus (cheap, old shit so not really comfy, every larger town has a bus terminal)

This autoBUS schedule should help you
>>
File: cuba.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cuba.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>1062630
They plagiarized the US capitol
>>
>>1062860
You have extreme autism
>>
>>1062870
it is though, this was done on purpose
>>
>>1062851
Thanks, not opening properly on mobile but i'll take a look on PC later
>>
>>1062886
Don't, it's either bait or a mistake.
I'm pretty sure Havana does not have a 'shinkansen', that schedule is probably for Tokyo.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>1062630
Has anyone ever smoked one of these before?

I've never had a cigar of any kind desu.
>>
>>1062849
>Jamaica
Is it possible to go there from Cuba by boat somehow?
At least there aren't any official ferries as far as I know.
>>
>>1063210
The Cuban coast guard will tell your boar 2 gi back or else.

Communism is having enough trouble to force unnatural concepts like equality and the concept of gainfully employed lit majors to tolerate extr as s!
>>
>>1063553

wow, you must have studied Cuba for a long time to have such a deep understanding of their situation, economy, justice system, and culture.

Thanks for enlightening us professor.
>>
>>1062630
First of all you need to change money at the first cadeca (moneyexchange) you see, it's hard to find one after, and credit cards are not accepted everywhere. Transportation is easier in cabs, don't take the bicycles or the cocotaxi, they take longer and are about the same price. There are places in habana vieja that you can go walking, it's very safe there, even late night. I recommend you la casa de la musica in miramar, or go to la vitrola in downtown, hope has been some help
>>
>>1063574
Thanks yeah I have read that about the currency being hard to exchange. Apparently most major hotels offer the service now though.
>>
>>1062915
I just had one a couple of days ago, romeo y julietas are overrated, cohibas are better and cheaper too

>>1063669
You'll still lose 20% of your money in exchange

The govt charges 10% when turning $, € or £ into CUC, then charges another 10% to change back

And CUC are not recognized currency practically anywhere in the world so you can only change them in Cuba

Other than that, try to meet the people and talk to them, but for your sake and theirs stay away from political topics of any kind
>>
>>1064361
According to lonely planet only USD get charged 10%
>>
>>1064364
Before I "deserted" it was all currencies, but that was almost a decade ago

Who knows, things have supposedly changed quite a bit with regards to economics

Still stay away from politics though, there have been almost 2000 arrests in december alone and people are very restless. Stay safe
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.