[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new England to deep south
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Hey guys I'll be taking my first really big journey this winter from New England to Miami then New Orleans and was hoping you knew some cool stuff to do
Here's the route- Richmond, Raleigh, Charleston, Savannah, Daytona, stay a week in Miami, Tampa, Pensacola, spend a week in New Orleans, Jackson, Birmingham, Atlanta, Nashville, Washington, home.
I'm interested in historic, cultural, and natural wonders plus cool places/ways to meet and hang out with new people

(Wish I was going to Los Angeles desu but don't have the time oh well)
>>
>>1062535
Is there a reason why you posted this thread twice?

/trv/ is a slow board.
>>
File: anKXgmz_460s.jpg (21 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
anKXgmz_460s.jpg
21 KB, 460x300
>>1062537
No, I don't know why there are two copies...I am posting from my phone perhaps that had something to do with it. My bad
>>
>>1062535
new jersey guy from the south here. let me salute you for having the best planned driving route of the south I have seen in my time on /trv but it would be a lot better in the summer. i from raleigh but tourist often say there is nothing to do because no big tourist attractions. Find one of those papers that tells you what is going on in town that week. i think its also in the friday news and observer. it will be more useful than anything I could tell you here. good restaurants and bars but the museums etc are pretty lacking.
>>
File: jeb.jpg (45 KB, 490x325) Image search: [Google]
jeb.jpg
45 KB, 490x325
>>1062535
Richmonder here. Plenty to see and do!

History: Lots of Civil War museums and battlefields nearby. Take a stroll down Monument Avenue and see start your deep south tour right with giant statues of Confederate generals.

Culture: The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts kicks ass and currently hosts an exhibition of Rodin statues. The galleries on Broad St. open to the public every First Friday of the month, then head to Gallery5 for some more art and live bands. Then come back again Saturday night for a burlesque show.

Natural Wonders: Belle Isle! James River Park System trails! Class IV rapids within city limits!

Drinking: Shockoe Bottom has all the clubs. The Fan has three bars with live music every night and a bunch more that are just laid back. My favorites:
thecamel.org
strangematterrva.com
balliceauxrva.com/events

StyleWeekly.com is the local weekly that covers local news and all the upcoming events in town. You can usually find a stack of free copies at any cool cafe or restaurant.
>>
>>1062535

Skip Richmond, and drive Skyline Drive. Well worth it.
>>
>>1062775
The idea is to get away from the cold new England winter lol

>>1062785
Very cool perhaps I'll skip Raleigh then
>>
>>1062939
same fag as before. I'll stand behind original post but I'll name a few specifics.
personally I would skip richmond before raleigh.

Carolina hurricanes hockey game, nc state farmers market has a good seafood restaurant and general interesting market. avoid the other restaurant. nc state flea market if your into flea markets.

not far from chapel hill and durham, duke chapel gets a decent amount of tourists.

if you like bands check the schedule at cats cradle in chapel hill. almost legendary. its a dump that always has excellent bands. lincoln theater in raleigh is pretty good.

if you're into food The Angus Barn is worth the stop. check out the bar area. lots of other good restaurants but that one has a unique atmosphere. Use to be really formal but is now a lot more lax. if you see a smithfields bbq along the way stop and try pulled pork sandwich. tell them to put the slaw on the side. someone will list a supposedly better bbq but that's a good consistent and typical nc state bbq.

its a nice clean city with a lot going on but I'm still going to stand behind the lack specific destinations.
>>
South of the boarder is shit, but you will probably always wonder if you don't check it out to realize for yourself that it's shit
>>
yeah Raleigh fucking suck ive lived in north Carolina most of my life and im here now ans there is nothing to do in this state
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.