[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm visiting this meme in a few months... what should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: timbuktu.jpg (172 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
timbuktu.jpg
172 KB, 1280x1024
I'm visiting this meme in a few months... what should I check out??

Canadafag, btw
>>
is the dream alive, pdx?
>>
>>1062430
Sure. You'll get to leave and won't be trying to pay rent by being cooler, underground and skilled at making coffee than everyone else.
>>
File: OregonRailHeritage1_0.jpg (102 KB, 961x570) Image search: [Google]
OregonRailHeritage1_0.jpg
102 KB, 961x570
Food: Pine State Biscuits
Giant biscuit sandwiches filled with fried chicken and other things.

Museums: Oregon Rail Heritage Center
Home to a couple huge steam locomotives, some of which still run. One of them is the Southern Pacific 4449, one of the prettiest surviving locomotives in the US from the end of the steam era.

If I were visiting this town, these are some places I would go.
>>
>Food:
TILT has really good biscuits and gravy with bacon.
Pine State Biscuits and Voodoo doughnuts are well beyond meme tier at this point

>Outdoors:
- Mt Hood

- Columbia river gorge, specifically Oneonta Gorge (You'll get wet)

- Multnomah falls is a bit of a meme but worth seeing so long as it's not overcrowded

- Watch the kiteboarders at Hood River and grab a few brews at Double Mountain Brewery

- Go rafting on White Salmon river or just watch tourists fly out of the rafts at Husum Falls

- Head out to the coast and see a large meme rock

- Head down the coast and check out Smugglers cove and the wildlife in the tidal pools
>>
>>1062501

Fuck yeah. I love trains
>>
>>1062430
strip club capitol of the world...
>>
>>1062945
That would be Tampa, Florida, actually. We have more strip bars in town per capita than any other major US city and the lap dance was invented here (as a commercial enterprise) in the 1960s.
>>
File: Akira.gif (487 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
Akira.gif
487 KB, 500x278
>>1062501
Are there any good military museums? Maybe tanks situated on their own?
>>
>>1063564
I've actually never been there either. Those were just the handful of things I happened to know about it. Also, in general, Portland is really big on outdoor activities, as there is tons of epic nature right next to the city.
>>
>>1062982
Looks like I'm going to Tampa.
>>
>>1062430
calling places memes is lame as fuck
>>
I've had some pretty good food in Portland. I recommend:

Toro Bravo: Spanish tapa bar place. Expect an hour long wait. There are bars nearby so you can have some drinks while you wait.

Pok Pok: thai food. I've never been but everyone loves it.

Kachka: Russian food. Fun place to order zakuskis (apparently they are like russian tapas? Idk) and drink vodka

The People's pig: a really good bbq place

Salt n staw: a really fucking good icecream place

Yeah. Oneonta is fun. The baghdad theatre is neat. Powels in fun too.
>>
>>1062501
Seconding pine state
>>
Check out a monthly screening of The Room at Cinema 21 or a Rocky Horror Picture Show screening at the Clinton theatre.
Forrest park is beautiful and great for hiking.
Hawthorne street/NW 21rd are hipster shopping spots
Jog along the esplanade
Food carts
Devil's Dill sandwiches
>>
>>1062430
I'm from Eugene originally, not living now or I'd take the train to p-town and show you around. There are a bunch of strip joints, weed and great beer. I saw someone mention Pok Pok which is fantastic thai food, but honestly go downtown and try the food carts. Food carts in Oregon do not fuck around, living in nyc nowadays the best we get is halal or an occasional gem here and there. If you like music or arcades go to NW burnside, Ground Kontrol is a cool little barcade and there's Dantes down the street for music. If you're into it, next to dantes there's a goofy building that you go up 4 flights of stairs and meet a blank door at the top that gives .... massages...
>>
>>1062430
Oh, PS, portland != portlandia so don't get too excited about that faggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.