[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, first time posting here So I'm the classic 18yr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images (5).jpg (27 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
27 KB, 425x282
Hey guys, first time posting here

So I'm the classic 18yr old, post hs wanna do something epic with my life story. I'm Brazilian, male and Italian white, if that matters.

I'm here asking for tips on where I should go, it'd most likely be a solo backpacking travel, I have no real time table but 2-4 months would be ideal I think. I'm looking for some place with active night life, I want to drink and party and meet and talk with strangers. I value the experiences and learning the culture more than the nature and beauty of the place, not that doesn't matter, just trying to help you guys help me.

Anyone had a similar experience? How was it? Other than that, any overall advice?

Thanks everyone
>>
join isis
>>
>>1062279
>>1062279
samefag
>>
>>1062251
>I want to drink and party and meet and talk with strangers.
>I value the experiences and learning the culture

you're just looking forward to get laid bro, no need to bullshit on an anonymous board
>>
>>1062281
Actually, it's because I want to major journalism. I thought it would open my mind and pop the bubble if I went to a different place and talk to different people about their different lives, man.

Learning the culture as in food, language, religion, parks, museums. Experiences as in leaving such a comfortable environment and living by my own. The part about night life I just mentioned because I thought making it more specific would help with the recommendations.

I think you understand what I mean, didn't mean to come out like that.
>>
>Brazilian
>Italian
>white

1. Nobody cares about your skin color. You should open your mind if you want to become a traveler.
2. If you are Brazilian you are only Brazilian and Brazilians and Italians aren't white, hue.
>>
>>1062251
I was in Poland a few weeks ago, got laid with 3 girls in a week. Lots of partying.

It's also cheap.

British guy btw
>>
>>1062380
Not everyone is an Irish-British-German ("and one sixty fourth Cherokee") white American suburbanite who is spiritual but not religious.

For people who crow about open-mindedness, you're easily the most self-absorbed people in human history.
>>
aw man I just made this super good advice post and got to posting and problems happened with chapcha. sorry but I'll try to recreate in short.

basically for your first backpacking trip, you should go somewhere safe, to get to know the hang of travelling and avoid getting robbed or just plain scared.

for getting drunk, experiencing night life and talking to strangers for a 18 yo backpacker europe is very nice in the summer. here's several options like buying a train ticket that will last you a month and allows you to take any train anywhere for about 700€ I think it's called euro-pass. there's also the opportunity of hitchhiking which is not as popular as it used to be but for my personal taste it's the greatest way of travelling to get other perspectives on life, long deep conversations and it get's you from a-b, just be careful to not get lost in the web of highways around europe.

so, that's for getting around, the next thing is accomodation, personally I never went on hostels, but know from others that they are around and should be affordable for the an average traveller. the other great thing about travelling in europe is that everyone has internet, and a lot of people host strangers for couchsurfing. thia is a great opportunity, people will actually let you into their homes, their lifes, introduce you to their friends, cook you their favorite meal, bring you to parties and that's all for free. just make a profile and be honest about your plans and hosts are going to be no problem at all.

best of luck to you.
>>
>>1062380
Youre such a fucking retard... Holy shit
>>
>>1062380
Man, I'm not racist, but I'm not blind. I know some people are, and in some places, people with that mindset are the majority.

I just pointed I'm caucasian because I wanted to give the most information in my OP, seeing the board is slow and I wouldn't be checking the thread all the time to see if I had any questions to answer.

Have a good one

>>1062409
Poland looks cool, you got by easily with English, I suppose. Can you elaborate about your stay there?

>>1062425
Yeah man, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Couchsurfing looks perfect for me, too.

Thanks for that, I think I'll focus on Europe and research more.
>>
>>1062425
>here's several options like buying a train ticket that will last you a month and allows you to take any train anywhere

All around Europe you say? Can you link me that? Can't seem to find it.
>>
>>1062500
Bump

I really want to know this
>>
>>1062713
sorry I forgot the actual name, here's a direct link http://www.eurail.com/eurail-passes
>>
>>1062716
Thanks, that's actually p good
>>
How do I get a visa to stay for like 2 months and how does that work when I want to go to a ton of different countries
>>
>>1062422
You really misread that, you silly yuropoor. He was saying that no one gives a shit about OPs supposed whiteness one way or the other. IRL is not like /int/, believe it or not.

>>1062738
Where are you from? Unless it's some shithole hive of scum and villainy (or too many refugees), once you're in the EU, you can go elsewhere in the EU as you please. If you are from a suspect country, you do need to be mindful of the Schengen zone (UK and Ireland play by their own rules and set their own time limits exclusive of the rest of the Schengen zones. Denmark too, but they don't actively police their borders, so it's mostly a moot point). Although with the refugee hordes lately, things are a little different and you may encounter infrequent internal border patrols, on trains, buses, highways or ferries entering/exiting a country. Spain and Greece and the mafia states of Romania and Bulgaria tend to be rather lax about checking visas upon exit points that are not airports. So it could be no one notices if you take a ferry to Morocco or Turkey... But elsewhere you will eventually be caught and denied re-entry in the future.

A standard visa duration is 90 days in a 180-day period, and a visa specifically for more tourism is non-existent. However, if you visit say Serbia or Ukraine, and UK/Ireland you are out of the zones and your timer resets. You just have to spend another 90 days out of the Schengen zones.

All this assumes you have visa-free entry in the first place, of course.
>>
>>1063170
90 days is more than enough. If I understood correctly, I get 90 days by default after getting to Europe (EU)?

Also, I didn't quite understand this part either
>But elsewhere you will eventually be caught and denied re-entry in the future
>>
>>1063280
I mean countries that aren't semi-failed like Spain, Greece et al. In Germany, Scandinavia, UK, Netherlands, etc. you WILL be caught if you overstay your visa.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.