[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 days in the mid-west
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1280px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png (200 KB, 1280x829) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png
200 KB, 1280x829
Hey
I'm going to be solo travelling for 10 days in the Rockies/mid-west during summer. My final destination is Boston where I am meeting a friend to continue travelling. Any recommendations on places to visit in the mid-west or the Rockies (if I have time) bearing in mind that I must end up in Boston? I'm interested in Chicago and Kansas city, but I don't know much about the region so I'm hoping to get some recommendations
Thanks.
>>
File: kc strip.jpg (114 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kc strip.jpg
114 KB, 500x375
>>1062213
Kansas City:
Watch a Royals baseball game
see the World War I memorial
Go to the Jazz Museum
Great BBQ Tour (Do not go to KC Masterpiece, it sucks)
>>
If you enjoy the outfoors, the UP of Michigan is lovely in the summer. I'm also a fan of Wisconsin. Check out some of the towns along the great lakes.
>>
>>1062213
zChicago is de best. You wont be bored, and in the summer women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.
>>
>>1062213
Chicago is beautiful in the summer, world class food, music, comedy, and museums.

Art museum is great
Pequod's has amazing pizza
There's a thousand and one stand up places
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is awesome
Hancock Signature Lounge has a great view of the city
Architecture River Tour is a lot cooler than it sounds
>>
>>1064455
>>1062213
Lemme know if there's anything you're specifically interested in and I can give some more recommendations.
>>
I have a load of places saved to Google Earth that I'll probably never go to. Mostly historical and cultural stuff, though

>Wounded Knee and Wounded Knee Museum
>Pine Ridge Indian Reservation
>Mount Rushmore
>Crazy Horse Memorial
>Bear Butte
>Carhenge
>Chimney Rock
>Cahokia Mounds

You really should go out of your way to see Yellowstone, though.
>>
>>1062213
Omaha is an underratedly cool city to spend a night in
>>
Only thing worth while in Ohio would be Put In Pay or Cedar Point. If you're not interested in either, don't waste your time.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.