[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1234567.png (3 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
1234567.png
3 KB, 283x178
Hey /trv/, I'm visiting Poland soon. I'm going alone (This is the first time I've ever traveled solo) and I was wondering if any of you could recommend something decent to do or see in either Wroclaw or Warsaw?
>>
>>1062041
I recommend you start with Wikitravel if you haven't already.

There will be plenty of ideas there, and you won't have to wait for replies.

Not giving you the cold shoulder (I've never been to Poland), just directing you toward a helpful resource.

Have fun! Let us know how it goes. I'm interested in getting there someday.
>>
>>1062047
Thanks anon. I wasn't aware of Wikitravel actually, I'll look into it.

I'll be sure to post the occasional update when I'm there.
>>
>>1062041
I went to wascraw, heard warsaw was packed with drunk ourists

lots of uni kinds in wascraw, a few churches and museums; not sure I saw much else
>>
>>1062041
Wrocławfag here. Generally, the wikitravel list of things to see is pretty good. Old Wrocław is quite compact and everything, save for the Centennial Hall, is in the city center.
If you have any more specific questions, go ahead. How long will you be staying?
>>
>>1062284
> wascraw

wut?
>>
>>1062041
Go to Krakow anon. It has everything. Check it out.
>>
Yeah. Kraków is really nice place. I honestly recommend this city.
>>
File: krakow.jpg (187 KB, 640x366) Image search: [Google]
krakow.jpg
187 KB, 640x366
>>1063505
>>1062561
>>
I'm sorry. I forgot. Nobody will you shoot like in the USA.
>>
>>1062561
Krakow is pretty polluted during winter, better go there in summer.

In Warsaw check Uprising museum, Old town, you can also check royal palace, and Copernicus Science Centre (or whatever it is called in English)

I heard that jewish museum is pretty nice, but never been there yet.

You may also check gdansk, or torun.

Also if you are from western europe then enjoy the cheap pubs with friendly people and atmosphere
>>
>>1064783
It's not really polluted in the winter, it's polluted in the late fall when idiot rednecks start burning their fields and leaves after harvest. All the smoke from the entire region gets added to the coal burning power plants and apartment blocks. In the winter it's just somewhat polluted.

Krakow is a must for anyone visiting Poland. It's a beautiful city with a lot of historical importance that was actually quite well preserved during the wars considering what other Polish cities gone through.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.