[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vaccinations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 0
OK, so I just booked a trip to thailand recently and I'll be going in less than a week, but I initially checked the government site and it said I'd only need yellow fever vaccination from a country that is prone to it but now I'm afraid I've read it incorrectly, can someone help me out?

Do you need vaccinations before you go to thailand?
>>
Chill OP. You don't need yellow fever if you're sticking to Thailand. Go to the hospital for tropical disease when you get to Bangkok, it's just off from Monument square. They're a modern professional hospital and do cheap vaccines (it's recommended to get hep a and b as well as update your tetanus/diphtheria if you haven't already. Japanese encephalitis is something they'll offer too, it's nasty but really rare unless you plan to sit in a rice paddy for 6 months. Only issue is hep a and b take 3 shots spread out over a month. I'm at the end of a 6 month trip here including Cambodia Vietnam laos etc and haven't had any vaccines at all. Just make sure the street food you eat is well cooked and made in front of you. Don't drink the the tap water (brushing teeth etc is fine, especially in resorts.)
>>
No, but if you have the time get all the shots you think you'l ever need in Bangkok. I did at some hospital attached to a snake farm.

p.s. I had my vaccination book stolen since then, including my yellow fever which I had done some time before, but I have pictures of it all. Fucking sucks.
>>
>>1062010
...BTW the reason I went was to get typhoid booster, which is really the important one if you have your Hep shots which you probably already do.
>>
>>1062001
>Only issue is hep a and b take 3 shots spread out over a month

Just as a point of information, just finished my Hep A and B injections they were spaced with the second after a month and the third after three months. CDC seems to recommend a one and 6 month schedule, or an accelerate schedule of Twinerex that includes four injections.

My doctor indictaed that there is at least some protection shortly after the first injction, so it is worth considering even if the schedule would not be completed until after the trip was over. Plus you might travel again some day...
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.