[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to roadtrip around the American South with my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: johnny rebel.jpg (21 KB, 283x185) Image search: [Google]
johnny rebel.jpg
21 KB, 283x185
I'm looking to roadtrip around the American South with my friend for about ten days later this month, visiting, and not exclusive to,
Hot Spring AR
Memphis
Nashville
Asheville
Atlanta
Birmingham
New Orleans
Houston TX
Any suggestions or accommodations?
Thx
>>
File: Stone Mountain 139.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
Stone Mountain 139.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>1061913
Where from? If you're looking for southern culture, I know a few places. When I'm out of college and settle down I'd love to get into couch surfing, unfortunately I can't host now.

>Oyotunji Village, SC
The southeast has the highest number of blacks in the country, back in the 1970s when they were deciding between violence and nonviolence, some nationalists split off and founded a Kingdom that has been recognized by spiritual leaders in East Africa. They practice Voodoo and Yoruba, and will tour you around for an hour or two for $10, it's a real experience, but try to contact them first. It's just a stone's throw away from
>Old Sheldon Church Ruins
Both near the coast, this place was destroyed by the British in the Revolutionary War and by Sherman in the civil war. Really amazing photographs, worth stopping by. Also close to
>Savannah, Georgia
Really amazing city, take one of the ghost tours. It's the only place that General Sherman didn't burn, he said it was too beautiful, and still looks that way.
>Andersonville, GA
Confederate prison camp that was only up for a year, but held over 45,000 Union soldiers, at least 13,000 died. Very eerie vibes from it.
>Plains
Close to Andersonville, home of Jimmy Carter, Georgia's only president. He doesn't have long, very old with brain cancer, but he's still a humanitarian. He gives speeches for free at the Maranatha Baptist Church every Sunday.
>Stone Mountain
Basically Confederate Mount Rushmore, I want to be there on Confederate memorial day. There has been a lot of crazy activity there lately with people talking about heritage (pic related). Nice hike.
>Wildman's Store
In Kennesaw, run by an ancient Klansman who carries 2 revolvers. He'll sell you KKK and Nazi memorabilia and give you underground militia books. He's crazy and I love him.
>Kennesaw Mountain
Good hike, great view of Atlanta, a lot of history as a Civil War battlefield.
>>
File: secede 003.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
secede 003.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>1061928
A few more that I know of locally

>Fort Mountain State Park
Weird rock wall that pre-dates Cherokee. The Indian legend is that a small race of people that couldn't see in certain cycles of the moon built it. They found their weakness and killed them, and then used the wall as sacred honeymoon spot, lel
>>Rock Hawk Effigy
Also paleoindian, from when people were roaming tribes rather than settled like Cherokee or Creek. No ceremonial objects existed there, it wasn't a burial, and nothing is known about the tribe other than a similar one is 40 miles away.
>Indian Mounds
There are a few, like Kolomoki, Ocmulgee and Etowah, each have an a different story. You can see skellingtons at Kolomoki, an in tact shaman room at Ocmulgee.
>Brasstown Bald
Highest mountain in GA, really beautiful colors in fall.
>Blood Mountain
Nice hike, you can stay in a cabin on top for free overnight. Bring blankets, there are no doors or windows.
>Springer Mountain
The start/end of the Appalachian Trail, Georgia to Maine. Some of the people here are just finishing a 3 year hike, fucking hippies.

Other places I have are probably too small and out of the way. Good luck OP, tell us how it goes.
>>
>>1061930
Thanks!
To answer you're question and to provide some information about myself, I'm coming from Austin (Mexican, 21). My friend's only 20. I also lived in Chapel Hill for a year when I was much younger.
>>
>>1061913
>Any suggestions or accommodations?
Don't go
>>
>>1062141
>QUALITY POST, THUMBS UP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4
>>
>>1061928
It's like older fatter ISIS - but a Halloween version with fat police in the background.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.