[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel guide as a Christmas present
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Unavngivet.png (236 KB, 1214x339) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet.png
236 KB, 1214x339
Hey, /trv/. I come to you with a request, and thanks in advance.
In a few months (February or March, if I recall), my mother will be taking a midlife crisis bike trip from our home in Denmark to see her family in Latvia, and see some sights along the way (primarily Kaliningrad). She's unsubtly hinted she wants some help as a Christmas present, which is nice because I'm broke, and I'm finding maps and travel guides to compile for the present.
This is where you come in, /trv/. Wikitravel and travelogue sites are nice, but there are some tips you just have to hear directly from the people who've been there.
Are there any places off the beaten track, especially in Kaliningrad, that you can recommend for someone who's obsessed with museums and early-20th century architecture?
Any tips, information or warnings regarding the border crossing in Kaliningrad (it's always best to ask if it involves Russia)?
Any travel tips that are relevant for a relatively athletic woman in her mid-forties who for some reason got the idea to bike along the Baltic Sea alone - for example details about trains in case something happens, risky areas or just general trivia that you recall?
Again, thanks in advance.
>>
Just to mention it, she's going to be lugging around a tent and sleeping at camping sites, but I know her (and Latvians) well enough to know that camping sites are only a formality, and she'll probably end up pitching tent in the woods if she can't find any.
If anyone's going to suggest talking her out of it (I'm not sure if you'd consider it dangerous, but it is a bit impulsive), I can say that it would result in casualties. Arguing with a Latvian ends in blood.
>>
And I'll just bump this, since it's relatively important.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.