[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trip around the Europe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1438584275654.jpg (578 KB, 1983x1322) Image search: [Google]
1438584275654.jpg
578 KB, 1983x1322
So. It has been growing in me for few years already. I want to go for a trip before i will be rooted by a job and family duties.

I am finishing my college soon, and i started thinking about traveling through Europe.

My main problem is that i live in Poland, so i am kinda poor guy. (Currently my monthly income is ~170 EUR, will increase after graduation with full time job tho, but it wouldn't be more like 450EUR/m)

So is Hitchhiking a thing in these years? Will i ne able to travel through Eu by minimizing costs to food mostly?

My route would be long, but since i wouldn't have any time limitation i would like to see as much as i can.

This is my travel plan, but mustn't be strict to it. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zXMDnphfbbEk.ka2fvhbaJgq4&usp=sharing

Which places are worthy/not worthy to go, and what to expect for this journey?
I never had such a long way before, but if i wouldn't do it now, i would probably never do.

Any general advices highly appreciated. Also if you know the way to get some additional funds for or during the trip would be awesome.
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
How much did you save up?

People do still hitchike, at least i met a bunch on my 3week trip last summer. Hitchiking itself also went well untill we got in the balkan where everyone is a taxi driver (it could have had something to do with us being 3 )
So i guess you'll be allright hitching ( if you don't look too filthy)

additional funds: look for seasonal harvest jobs like the yearly grape pickings in France. But i guess you can pick oranges in Spain too, idk.

Don't minimize food costs, eat some of the good shit wherever you are, from time to time. Minimize on sleeping costs (couchsurf, airbnb, wildcamping, squatting, workaway etc

If you have a talent, good enough to at least impress someone more than your mom, use it and try to sell/busk
>>
>>1061458
I see now that you have alot of cities as destinations, yea i would advice you to try and get as many couchsurfing as possible
>>
A friend of a friend recently hitchhiked from paris to hamburg
>>
You're still gonna spend a ton of money while hitchhiking and couchsurfing, especially if you head west. It isn't cheap to eat and travel within cities and do things you wanna do in Europe.

Hitchhiking is still possible but it's not as common as it used to be and you'll get a lot of sideways stares. Key is to be persistent and not give up or get an off-putting attitude just because you've already been rejected 20 times.
>>
Since this is already here, what would /trv/ recommend a person do if they have a week long schengen visa with Greece as the point of entry and exit?
>>
Lol, why a string of citytrips? Not the way to save money. Brussels is shit btw. Try Ghent.
>>
>>1061458
>450EUR/m

I can't believe wages are really this bad in Poland....

Sorry man but that sucks you weren't born in a more developed country. I would struggle to last 1 week in Europe on this.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.