[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT give your impressions of beaches worldwide.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 12.jpg (253 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
253 KB, 575x431
ITT give your impressions of beaches worldwide.
>>
I'll start:

>Yucatan/Belize
Gorgeous clean beaches, but most frontage taken up by private resorts. Not Asia cheap, but affordable accom and food. Sea life pretty intact.
>Cambodia
OK beaches in tourist areas, but step just outside and it's a trash heap. Dirty backpacker accommodation cheap, but anything better expensive for SEA.
>Vietnam
Horrific amounts of litter anywhere besides high-traffic foreign tourist beaches (including at a lot of resorts). Incredible value on accommodation. The whole coastline is one endless natural beach, but 99.9% of it looks like pic related.
>Florida
Endless clean public beaches. Prices typical of anywhere in the US if you avoid core tourist ripoff zones.
>South Africa
Endless clean uncrowded public beaches, many in natural surroundings. Amazing value on mid-high-end food, OK on accommodation. Cold rough water. Sharks. Begging/hawking can be a hassle.
>Mozambique
Reasonably clean, mostly deserted beaches. Great value on good food, but accom can be expensive for the developing world.
>Malawi
Reasonably clean beaches can be found. Begging/hawking a big hassle in a lot of spots. Fish life is incredible where not fished out. Basic accom and food cheap.
>>
>>1061317
They have sand. Sometimes they have rocks too.
>>
These are the beach areas I've been to

Baltic sea has really nice sand in all the locations I've been to. In the summer after the sea has been warmed up for a good month it's really great for a swim.

North Sea everywhere is fucking windy and has shitty sand, been to 3 locations in 2 different countries.

Cuba has amazing beaches. The sand is nice, the water is bathtub warm, it's easy to find empty or practically empty beaches.

Mexico, east coast has really nice beaches with nice sand while the west coast has gritty volcanic sand that gets into your asshole and cuts you up...

West coast America/Canada has spectacular beaches but not good swimming until you get down to Cali.

Costa Rica has really crowded beaches with a lot of people trying to sell you shit. The water is super nice however and the views are nice as well.
>>
>>1061317
Any beach within the financial capabilities of college students on spring break will be shit.

I visited some friends in the Bahamas, and was appalled at how my people treated their country, when visiting. They think the Bahamas is like some 3rd world country, so they litter everywhere and treat everyone like a slave.
>>
>>1061317
I love the beach, I want to try to visit the ocean at least once a year. I used to live in Isla Vista, CA and go to UC Santa Barbara.

>Isla Vista beaches
Cold water, full of seaweed, the beaches are sandy and quiet, not too many people outside of a few college students. Cliffs near beaches are fun to explore.

>Oahu, Hawaii
Waikiki is very touristy. Beaches not too crowded. Warm water for swimming. Swimming shoes are a must to prevent coral cuts. The North Shore beaches can have large and violent waves.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.