[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been tasked with driving to New York and picking up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0149.jpg (800 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0149.jpg
800 KB, 1440x2560
I've been tasked with driving to New York and picking up my brother to bring back to PA for Christmas.
I have no problem doing this I'm just flat broke and won't be able to pay that ridiculous toll going into NYC.
Is there a way to dodge the tolls into the city? Or am I forced to pay 14 dollars to cross an imaginary line
>>
Bridge and Tunnel maintenance doesn't pay for itself, you know. You could ask your taskmaster to pay. You could ask your brother to take the PATH into New Jersey. You could swing north to the Tappan Zee bridge, a $5 toll, and picking the right bridges within NYC you can avoid further tolls. The Bear Mountain bridge is even cheaper, but you need to balance tolls with the cost of gasoline.
>>
File: 187221874_6982f12793_b.jpg (329 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
187221874_6982f12793_b.jpg
329 KB, 1024x681
There are multiple bridges that don't have a toll, maybe the reason you are broke is because you lack the resourcefulness that a less broke person would have used to become unbroke.
>>
There's a bus that goes right to Grand Central Terminal, he can get on a train and meet you outside the city. What kind of a prima donna asks to be picked up in New York City in a fucking car?
>>
>>1061364
From Pennsylvania to NYC by car, if you want to completely avoid paying any bridge/tunnel tolls, you'd have to go all the way up to Albany. Of course, it would be cheaper to just pay the $1.50 at Bear Mountain.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.