[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
travel credit cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I don't know shit about credit cards other than I have a basic discover card for cash back and building "credit". I want to rack up miles or whatever I can passively do to make every penny count. I treat my card like a debit card so I never miss a payment and never pay interest. What do yall use?
>>
If you're going to get a credit card for travel rewards, make sure you get one that offers a good bonus for spending a certain amount of money in the first few months, and that you can spend that much.

Also make sure it offers no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee, unless your spending is high enough to warrant a card with an annual fee.

You might be better off simply using a card that gives you cash back and using that money for travel, but it depends on your spending habits.
>>
>>1061110
Hrm, well, say a Delta SkyMiles or gold/platinum gets you free checked bags, that's worth quite a bit more at $150 a pop than a free upgrade worth only $50-75. Combine it with free travel insurance when you use it to book, waivers on CDW, added insurance or lengthed warranties when purchasing electronics, or checking bags that might get loss, and really the perks are wayyy more valuable than any kind of free travel you think you'll get.

There's been a pretty good lockdown on free flights from every kind of loyalty card that exists, like another anon said, look more for lack of transaction fees, and like you said, your cash back. Saving 5% on gas, double points on pharmacy/grocery items, and stuff covers the annual fee, and then you think of the insurance bump. Break even on a bad day, get a discount on your purchases if you're good at the game.

Concierge services are nice. Use it for concert tix you can't even get otherwise. Use the card websites to book last minute hotels with discounted airfare, half-price festival tickets and such, almost a groupon kind of thing.

For lack of transaction and ATM fees, I've found nothing better than Schwab banking. Capital one has a great one, as does Chase. For best perks overall, Delta Skymiles. Delta has the most coverage in the world as well as the biggest alliance.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.