[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your worst survival experiences? How'd you manage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Lechuga.jpg (38 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Lechuga.jpg
38 KB, 640x400
What are your worst survival experiences? How'd you manage?
>>
Flat tire in the middle of Death Valley with low gasoline and middle of the night around Teakettle junction. Maybe not so close to death but still a horrible experience.
>>
All my survival experiences have been good. Better than my death experiences.

My brother and I were rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon. Hung around on the top for a bit, took pictures, viewed what little of the Strip you can see from up top. It was nice.
Getting down wasn't as nice however. We were never in any serious trouble, but going up is always easier than going down. There were a few spots were we had to kinda convince ourselves to jump down, or I'd have to carefully get down, and then help him.

I didn't hear it, but my parents just hung around at the bottom and apparently heard someone scream out in pain about their leg, and thought it was one of us. We were more lucky than that guy.
>>
>>1060835
Man that little guy really hates cabbages
>>
>>1060835
grew up in new york. got a degree in street smarts.

worth it.
>>
I fucked up my ankle while travelling on El Camino on my way to Santiago de Compostella. The rest of the group was way ahead of me, so I was all alone in a foreign country. Fortunately I met a lot of nice people, some even helped me find a taxi to drive me to the next hostel, where I would meet up with my group. Very stressful day
>>
>>1060835
i once made a fire with just dry grass and a lighter
>>
>>1060983
ny soft tho
>>
>>1061318
>El Camino on my way to Santiago de Compostella
>literally one of the most travelled paths in the world
>all alone in Spain
nigga please.
>>
Went to stay at some Filipino girl's house I met through couchsurfing the day I touched down in Manila. Was so fucked in the head (depression, fatigue, lots of Benzos) that I passed out in the club that night on the grass.
Woke up and found the battery on my phone had died, so even if I wanted to hail a taxi I couldn't give the cunt the correct address, let alone what district it was in that hell hole of a city.

I spent about an hour asking for help from various Flip arseholes who didn't care, and eventually I found a security guard who could speak broken English. The guard brought me to a worker who agreed to charge my phone so I could check my emails for the home address but all the while the security cunt kept asking me for money - I pretended I couldn't understand him.

Eventually got home, fell into bed and the host's faggot flatmate crawled into my bed and started sticking his hands down my underwear. Pushed him off and gtfo of the house and then the country.

The Philippines: not even once.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.