[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hongcouverite here, I'm taking my gf down to the states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: portland-oregon.jpg (4 MB, 3885x2565) Image search: [Google]
portland-oregon.jpg
4 MB, 3885x2565
Hongcouverite here,

I'm taking my gf down to the states next week to visit family in Seattle for a day. We're seeing my relatives on the 23rd, and I've already been down to Seattle a few times with my gf so I want to go down to Portland and do a bit of exploring for a couple days. I booked us a hotel for 1 night in Vancouver WA so that we could spend 2 days down in Portland, 3 if I can find a better deal on hotels for 2 nights, but for now, it's looking to be only 2 days of exploring. For 2 days, what would you say would be the best places to visit in Portland?

I know 2 days is not that much time to spend down there, but it's mostly just something for us to do before we visit family. As much as I love outdoorsy type things, and I'm seeing a lot of that in the searches I've done, we will probably avoid them as I doubt the weather will be suitable.

I mainly would like to try do some things that are "unique" to Portland that I wouldn't really get anywhere else. I'm not looking to spend an extraordinary amount of money as I'm pretty strapped for cash going into the holidays. But just a few interesting places for us to visit while we're down there would be great. We will be there pretty early in the morning as we're leaving from up north at around 4-5am.

Any recommendations?
>>
I have lived in Portland my whole life. Definitely check out the Hawthorne district, that is what most people think of when they think of Portland. Go to any McMinnamins establishment (though McMinnamins is a PNW thing, not exclusive to Portland) Eat at food carts, fuck restaurants. I'm only 20 so idk anything about bars and such but I hear Portland has great bars so definitely look into that. If you like book stores, check out Powells, it's honestly one of the best book stores in the country. Downtown is cool but be prepared to interact with a lot of homeless people because Portland has a shitload and that often turns off visitors. If you can stand to wait in a long line then check out Voodoo doughnuts. Go to the saturday market (open 7 days a week during holiday season) lots of cool crafts and stuff if you're into that kind of thing. Stay out of vancouver as much as possible because its a shitty tumor of a city and only exists because portland is cool. Hope this helps
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.