[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Studying in Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: german-flag.jpg (50 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
german-flag.jpg
50 KB, 650x488
I do not know any German and my parents want me to study in Germany because its cheap (this idea is being pushed by monetary reasons). Does anyone have any sort of advice, experience, or knowledge with this?
>>
>>1060574
You need to enter:
>a bachelor degree
Or
>a C1 diploma in German and a full International Baccalaureate
Or
>highschool diploma wit at least 4 AP classes (Math, physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography) and a C1 diploma in German and pass a admission examination on the same level as the German Abitur.

Else don't even think anout it.
>>
>>1060581
I already started my first semester at college in Virginia. so, pretty much I shouldn't follow through with even applying?
>>
>>1060584
For a master it will work as there're English courses. For a bachelor you need to be fluent in German or get into a exchange program (6months max usually)
Finish your bachelor.
>>
WWW(.)daad.de/deutschland/en/

you'll find some information here.

What are you studying? Where do you want to study?
>>
I am from Turkey,I study in gernmany....german is fucking hard language..I took me 2-3 years to speak fluently and I was learning german since my childhood.
if you want to study math or architeck I mean someting with numbers you can do but studing international relation,history or Business management would be very hard I think
>>
>>1060581
Many bachelor's programs are taught in english... Do i still need c1 for that?
>>
you dont need german c1 for a english bachelor program.
but it would be helpful to learn german for daily situations if you would study in a small city.
Life will be very hard for you without german.
I can give you all nacessary information if you want.
I also studied 2 years in germany 1.5 year in berlin
and 1 semester in wernigerode(a smallcity in east germany)
>>
>>1060623
>wernigerode

Cute castle
>>
>>1060616
please leave us and go back to turkey.
>>
>>1060869
us? you are a shame.. der mann studiert hier. wie dumm kann man eigentlich sein? für leute wie dich kann man sich nur schämen
>>
>>1060581
>You need to enter:

where do you have this info from?
i study mechanical engineering and there are lots of asians who speak unintelligibly.
they are capable of understanding the exams and asking basic questions, but that's about it.

might be that they passed some kind of formal german test (written form), but you can definitely start study here w/o speaking it (major problems would arise in later courses where some exams are oral and in the "defense" (presentation) of your thesis, which is oral aswell).
>>
First rule: Do not be afraid. Studying in a foreign country, Germany or any other, will change you into a different person. You will learn the language, you will suceed. Do it!
>>
We are really paying for every sandnignog here. Because Hitler.
Plz fuck off
>>
Refugee much OP ?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.