[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm staying in Los Angeles for a year. I visited a few places,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Cali.png (741 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Cali.png
741 KB, 3000x3000
I'm staying in Los Angeles for a year. I visited a few places, went to some clubs/shows but I honestly have no idea what I should do here.

what are some cool experiences I shouldn't miss or places I should visit?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 299x169
>you need to get out of LA
>>
LA is a cesspool of shit. Leave as soon as possible
>>
I would definitely make the drive or fly to San Francisco for a few days while you're there. Tons of awesome stuff to do.
>Beautiful views!
>Coffee!
>Really cool, unique events to attend and places to go!
>God tier coffee!
>Near some really fun hiking paths!
>SERIOUSLY THE COFFEE AND PASTRIES.
>Really good food!
>>
Go to the La Brea Tar pits
>>
>>1059436
>>1059453
>>1059499
whoa
i thought there were plenty of stuff to do in LA. why do you think it is shit?

my friends went to san francisco on thanksgiving, the dumbshits stayed for 2 days and just did a bike ride...
can you be more specific on the places to visit? im pretty clueless
>>
>>1059370
Take the train out to San Diego... check out the cliffside have some mexican food have some beer go to the beach check out Coronado or go to the zoo.

Get out of La though man.. place is pretty horrible, but if you must stay there at least go to the canyons or to an art museum or something productive and non - touristy. I feel bad that you have to be there!
>>
>>1059370
Underground punk shows
>>
>>1059370
Sequoia national park
Yosemite national park
Vegas is 5hrs away

then you get a plane to phoenix, rent a car there for a couple of days and visit the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley

Joshua tree stuff
Death valley
Mojave desert

Shitloads to see
>>
>>1059515
I didn't say that I think LA is shit, I just don't know enough about it to recommend anything for you to do there. I was there for a few days this summer and I had an awesome time. I do know SF well enough to make a few recommendations for that city though.

What kind of stuff are you interested in? Sightseeing and great views? Coffee and food? Unique stuff you can't find anywhere else?
>>
>>1059370
Go visit the observatory up in the hills. It's free and is quite lovely. Also Santa Monica is nice for a day trip
>>
Disneyland maybe?
>>
>>657407744
test
>>
just around LA? you could go to Magic Mountain which has the most rollercoasters in one park in the world, and you can go to disneyland and see that if youre interested in the whole thing

LA isnt so much a sights place anymore, its got the piers and such but its definitely a "you gotta live here to be with IT" kinda place. its foodie capitol and has tons of trendy, expensive, experimental, touristy, popular, and delicious restaurants and bars, youll just need to yelp some shit or something in your area

just try to keep an open ear for things happening around you and youll likely hit all the famous bits of the city
>>
>>1059598
This
>>
native californian here. LA is shit. dont visit. Oakland is okay. SF is a ton of fun. And sacramento is a footnote. If you wanna visit im in Turlock, come say hi :)
>>
I see a lot of people taking a big steamer on L.A. Is all of it really that bad and overrated? Is the western portion worth visiting/living in? Places like Culver City and Santa Monica?
>>
Learn to swim, learn to swim
I mean
>>1059606
This guy wrapped up a lot of the nice parks, though Pinnacles and Lassen are also excellent if you have the time.

Get your self down to San Diego as well. Or even better come up to the bay
>>
San Diego native here. LA is garbage. What are you looking to see? Are you wanting to party? Do you want to see amazing nature? I'm not the biggest party person but if you want to see some true beauty, drive up Highway 1 and see Big Surr. Go north see the red woods. Drive to Yosemite and see Half Dome. San Diego is a nice clean city with some great bars and a decent night life.
>>
>>1059370
How old are you? where are you from? What are you into?
>>
i just moved to LA about 4 months ago, its not that bad, quite expensive to be honest, i recommend you going to one of those HAM shows, they thrown em every weekend and have great guests!
>>
>>1059499
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>SF
>Good
Thats a good joke anon
>>
>>1061213
See ya down in arizona bay friendo
>>
L.A native here.

If you're visiting L.A you don't really wanna leave downtown/the coast unless you're going to Magic Mountain, which is pretty cool. Otherwise you'll be going into the Valley in which there is nothing interesting to do.

Universal Studios is pretty awesome, so is Disneyland. If you wanna drive 2 hours south you can go to the San Diego Zoo or Sea World, both are cool. Someone said the observatory, which is interesting, as well as the Museum of Natural History and the zoo, which isn't as popular as the San Diego Zoo but it's not bad. Santa Monica/Malibu is where you wanna go if you wanna see beaches, Universal Citywalk/general downtown for shopping. Stay away from South & East L.A if you wanna keep your shit. Have fun.
>>
I was just thinking abut this. Want to do Disneyland (thinking 3 days there) and have a couple more days (3-4) of play time in LA but couldn't see a ton that would really do it for me. Thinking about flying in through San Fran, doing shit there (Golden gate? Alcatraz? idk- i've done a lot of nature in northern cal already) driving down to LA and flying out of there. I'm happy to take recommendations on where to go. I prefer living history to museums. Beaches are nice but probably not interested in more than a half day on one.
>>
File: henningerflats[1].jpg (118 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
henningerflats[1].jpg
118 KB, 720x540
The highlight of my time in LA was a hike up to Henninger Flats. They are located just north of Pasadena. You can hike above the pollution line and have a great view of the city. Also, check out the falls.

Outside of that do the observatory and ramen in Little Tokyo. LA has god tier asian food.
>>
>>1061213
>>1061566
These anons know
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.