[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eurotrip!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1448018694409.jpg (168 KB, 1100x734) Image search: [Google]
1448018694409.jpg
168 KB, 1100x734
Hello,
I want to travel europe in the summer, I have about 5 weeks of free time. I'm Russian-Canadian and will be starting my trip in moscow.

I also need to spend atleast 3 weeeks in London for family reasons.

I'm not very outgoing but I like beer, technincal stuff, casual outdoor stuff and bicycles.

I'm shit scared of airplanes so I'd like to stick to buses or preferably trains.

I'm not on high budget so I'd like to use hostels.

Please advise how I can make the most of the trip.
I'll be going in June-July
>>
>>1059348
oh, and I've never been to Europe before.
>>
>>1059348
Well Moscow is preeettyy far away from the rest of the continent so you're probably going to have to take a plane.
Also, since you only really practically have 2 weeks and spend some of that in Moscow, I suggest you just pick one general region where the cities you want to visit aren't too far away from each other and stick to that for the Rest of your trip. E.g. Northern/Central Italy or Southern France or Northern Germany+Holland, orSouthern/Eastern Germany + Czech Republic and Southern Poland.
>>
>>1059356
No, I don't really need more times in Moscow.
I meant 5 weeks from the day I leave moscow.
Thank you for the advice though.
>>
File: 1431330898566.jpg (17 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1431330898566.jpg
17 KB, 262x263
>>1059348
>3 weeeks in London

Good luck with that mate lel
>>
>>1059907
Hey there, why so sceptical?
Please advise.

I'm going to see a family member which I don't get to spend much time with. So we can visit near by stuff to. But he's probobly going to be working most of the time.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>1059348
Well you might be happy that europe has a nice train network (till you hit germany it's also super cheap so pay as you go) from poland/germany on you got long distance buses that take you across western europe for 9-39€ per trip.
https://www.busradar.com/

Worth a visit:
St Petersburg
all the baltics are nice for a day of two
Gdansk in poland is worth it
Peenemünde could be your cup of coffee as it's the birthplace of the V1 and V2 weapons with a nice technical historic museum focused around rocket technology)
Rostock, a nice starting point for bike tours and also pretty cheap
From there on towards London do what ever you like, the large cities are nice for 2-4 days but most of them are just another large city with the same shops, bars and party locations like any large city you know just a bit different sights and vibes.

Last but not least: if you want to add something special take a high speed ferry from Le Havre to Portsmouth. It's silly but kinda funny and Portsmouth is also pretty cool (D-Day museum, dry dock of the HMS Victory) and it's just about 140km away from London.
>>
>>1060071
>high speed ferry from Le Havre to Portsmouth
Hello. Thank for the advice.
There's no need for St.Petes, I've been there a couple of times.

I've never heard of th ferries and the idea sounds very nice.

A question though, how do I wash my stuff in hostels ? By hand or do the have washing machines?

and is a 30L Tatonica Huskybag enough for the trip? Should i bring a gore-tex rain coat for autumn? Or is that overkill for europe?(I've been living in siberia for quite some time now, so I think i might bring overly warm clothes
>>
>>1060185
*thank you
>>
>>1060185
you're welcome bro

>I've never heard of th ferries and the idea sounds very nice.

It got a bit out of fashion as you have the eurostar and flights for about 50€ all around but it's still fun the express lines take about 4h. Will cost about 30£ but imo a cool way to end your trip.
http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/fleet/high-speed/normandie-express

>A question though, how do I wash my stuff in hostels ? By hand or do the have washing machines?
All of them is possible, also most european cities have laundromats.

>and is a 30L Tatonica Huskybag enough for the trip?
Could be a bit short for 5 weeks, but in case you can always buy one-time cloths in super budget stores like H&M for a few € (don't feel bad about it most of it wouldn't survive a single washing)
About 90% of it will be urban or rural with good infrastructure so theres mostly no need to carry everything on your shoulders. I would take a wheeled carry-on case a nice day pack (not more than 20l)

>Should i bring a gore-tex rain coat for autumn?
If you have a 3 in 1 jacket it's ideal.
Use it as light rain coat/windbreaker, if it gets cold wear a fleece sweater under it and you're set. Even in summer temperatures can drop to 5-10°C and if you plan to go anywhere in the mountains even below zero without notice (Snow in August in the alps is nothing uncommon
>>
>>1060313
Thank you once more=)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.