[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Airplane-sunset.jpg (3 MB, 3506x1402) Image search: [Google]
Airplane-sunset.jpg
3 MB, 3506x1402
hey so Im canadian but i travel to america and stay for just under 6 months each time (180 days Im allowed to stay) this is the second 6 month period ive been here but Im wondering if thats okay to do-legally- because the first time i returned to my country i was just "stepping out" so i could come back in (I had no trouble coming back but I literally started a new life here) so as long as I'm not working in the US I should be fine to travel back without questioning or immigration shit?
>>
>>1058878
You can be questioned for any reason, not even a good reason. Legally speaking, you can do as much time as you want in the US, it's Canada that is holding you back.

I think the biggest issue for you as a Canadian is loss of your ability to have your socialized medicine. I know it's what keeps the Florida snowbirds from living here year round. It's too big of a loss to lose one's insurance. Be careful about that.
>>
I'm Canadian too and I fucking hate how Canada and USA are two separate countries.

If I want to live and work in NYC or LA I should be able to
>>
>>1058878
How do you even pull this off? Do you just save up a bunch of money in Canada and then stay in America until the money runs out?

I live in Montreal. I've been wanting to live in Miami forever now, but I can't figure out how to afford it since Canadians can't work in the USA.
>>
>>1058957
>Miami
y
>>
>>1058958
Why not?

No snow, beautiful women, great nightlife, palm trees, beaches etc
>>
>>1058959
Well as long as you don't got north of the CBD.

Or don't go inland at all.
>>
>>1058957
You'll have to come up with a way of making money online and running your business from a laptop without informing the US authorities.
>>
>>1058963
>north of the CBD
???????

>>1058965
How?
>>
>>1058974
CBD=Central Business District, otherwise referred to as "Downtown".
>>
>>1058974
>How?
If I knew this I would be out there traveling right now. Best way is to get an IT degree and just work from a laptop. Otherwise you need to have a very good idea that sells to a lot of people online.
>>
>>1058977
OK. I think I want to find another way instead of working from laptop
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.