[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South France
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: South France.jpg (143 KB, 1597x660) Image search: [Google]
South France.jpg
143 KB, 1597x660
I have 9 days to stay in this region. How would you distribute them, /trv/?
>>
>>1058751
>Parc Naturel regional du Luberon
kek this was on a french test of mine. I guess my teacher's a fan of that place, maybe visit it?
>>
I'd spend all 9 days in Nice/Cannes.
>>
>>1058995
What? Why?
>>
>>1058995
top kek. don't listen to that guy op
>>
>>1058995
Do not spend more than one day in Nice/Cannes. Do visit in order to see the place, but you'll realize it's shit quite fast.
I live here. Montpellier is an awesome vibrant city, everything Nice/Cannes is not. Marseille is a must. Carcassone is beautiful.
And if you're into nature, take a car and drive into the backlands. I recomment Mercantour, because that's what I know of (also mountains), but the other areas are probably nice as well.

Again, Nice and Cannes are not worth it for a longer time. One day max. It's overpriced, uninteresting and full of rich brits and russians.
>>
>>1058764
guessing because she reads Peter Mayle's stuff.
>>
>>1058751
8 days seeing sites.
One day going to Aubagne and joining the FFL.
>>
BEST
Toulouse, menton, cassis

NOICE
montpellier, marseilles, Carca, sete/agde+cap agde, antibes

WHY NOT
Monaco, perpignan,

YOU DONE FUCKED UP
nice/cannes/st trop, nimes,
>>
I would stay In Toulon/Marseilles, and I would spend the day in a Calanque, and the night in my hotel/appartment/house on the internet.
>>
>>1058751
try to hook up with baguettes
>>
>>1059378
I'd basically go along with this, and add that IMO Aix-en-Provence is greatly overrated.

Marseille has great character, Be sure to eat bouillabaisse at one of the places around the port. Maybe go out and see the Le Corbusier building too (easy to get to on public transport)
>>
>>1059329
Not OP but I'm actually planning to do this.
made a thread here >>1059572
>>
>>1058751
Don't go to Marseille
>>
>>1059635
Too many Arabs?

From colourful markets (like Noailles market), to the Calanques (a natural area of big cliffs falling into the sea), from the Panier area (the oldest place of the town) to the Vieux-Port (old harbor) and the Corniche (a road along the sea), Marseille has definitely a lot to offer.
>>
>>1059654
Yeah it's a dodgy place don't go there.
>>
Antibes and HyƩres are nice. Very quaint, quiet places.

Fuck Cannes.

And by god don't rent scooters unless you have a deathwish, the french drive like fucking animals.
>>
>>1059635
>>1059660

marseille is historically the most dominant city in the region and has a lot to offer. don't be stupid.
>>
>>1059667
so is London but I'm definitely not going there
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.