[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout the next few years I intend to travel to a great number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-11-03-27-19.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-11-03-27-19.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Throughout the next few years I intend to travel to a great number of places. Im in need of a quality bag for a fair price. Preferably under 60 dollars. Could you recommend any? What do you travel with?

Tldr; what is a good cheap bag to trave with?
>>
> good
> cheap
Pick one

$60 won't buy you a pack that'll last a few years of rugged abuse so you can either buy a cheap piece of shit and replace it a few times or you can spend a couple hundred and have it last. Some features you want:

Hip/sternum strap
Internal frame
Buckle closure (not zips)
Rain cover (can buy one separate but best to have it included)
Large size (70-80 liters depending what you'll pack)
Decent back ventilation
Plenty of tension straps
Adjustable back length
Relatively lightweight

Check an /out/ pack thread for specific recommendations
>>
>>1058745
LOL, what?!

I bought a $40 bag from Kmart five years ago and have taken it to more countries than I can think of.

I also use it every day for work.
>>
>>1058748

What kind of bag did you get? Some shitty high school kid's backpack or a travel bag meant to carry a week or two worth of clothing?
>>
>>1058729

As >>1058745 said, you aren't going to be much of a bag that isn't a duffel bag for that price. You can get a decent duffel for that price, but if you are looking for a backpack you are going to have to spend more. You might be able to find a reasonable one at a military surplus store. Personally, I am a fan of the Osprey Porter 46. I recommend something in the 40 to 46L range so you can use it as carry on, but that's mainly because I hate to check bags.
>>
>>1058729
If you want good for cheap get a milsurp one.
It's the only way.
>>
>>1058769
Simple 30L backpack.

If you need more than that, you have no idea how to travel.
>>
>>1058729
>>1058729

The one in OP pic is beautiful, seems to have everything I want whereas every other bag is missing this, or that.

>G4Free
but what is that particular bag called?
>>
File: 1408331238740.jpg (280 KB, 1000x756) Image search: [Google]
1408331238740.jpg
280 KB, 1000x756
>>1058844
I would suggest people who use backpacks have no idea how to travel. Suitcase + smaller 20L daysack is the winning combination imo. I hike and camp quite a lot and use a rucksack out of necessity but fuck carrying all that weight on my back when there's a (better) choice. Why make your hips and shoulders load bearing when planet Earth is bro enough to do the job for you? Doesn't make much sense to me. This is of course assuming you're going to be travelling through civilization with paved sidewalks. If you're hiking through Peru or somewhere else with rugged terrain then yeah, take a backpack.

Saw a couple on the Shinkansen each with huge backpacks easily both over 100L that were absolutely rammed full with fuck knows what and I just thought why the fuck would you do that?
>>
OP, I suggest spending at least $100 on a travel backpack from a reputable company. Look for wide shoulder straps, clam shell opening, around 40-50L and if you can find one a cover for the straps so that it can be shipped as luggage and the straps won't be damaged on planes.
>>
>>1058872
>I would suggest people who use backpacks have no idea how to travel. Suitcase + smaller 20L daysack is the winning combination imo

This. Roll that bag between the train station and you hotel, park it, and take your little daypack out for the days.
>>
>>1058729
>OSPREYYYYYYYYYY
seriously make the investment in something you will have and use forever

/thread
>>
>>1058856
Op here
"G4Free 50L Military Tactical Backpack Hiking Camping Traveling Unisex Outdoor Weather Resistant Mountain Climbing Bag" input that into amazon search bar homie.
>>
>>1058729
That bag made me cum my pants. I imagined one just like it but gave up because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

>Top flap fold over and buckles into place, it has a zipper pouch underneath this flap. Military-like straps on the side
>>
Why don't people just get a big ditty bag?
>>
Go to Walmart bought a good bag for 50 Ozark trails.
>>
I just became homeless 3 months ago. I just bought a backpack today 40L. I don't have much but im getting more stuff. Basic needs. Thankfully I found a tent. My question if anybody could answer is whats the longest any of y'all ever camped out before?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.