[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning a trip in March from Vegas. Is it better to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1427214266039.jpg (198 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1427214266039.jpg
198 KB, 900x600
I'm planning a trip in March from Vegas. Is it better to fly to Bellingham, WA rent a car and drive to Vancouver, BC, Canada. Or just fly directly into Vancouver and rent a car there?
>>
>>1058015
The only difference is the cost of the flight. It will usually be much cheaper to fly to Bellingham. You can rent a car in both cities no problem and drive over the border. Bellingham is about an hour away.
>>
>>1058015
Just be yourself OP
>>
flights to canada are traditionally expensive, customs fees and airport fees in canada do not help. rental cars aren't even that cheap, there are even surcharges for the fact that your cars have air conditioning (government charges car buyers like car rental companies and all the car rental companies pass on a charge to the renter to offset it).

i'd personally fly but flying six hours from NY to washington vs. six hours direct to vancouver would be my preference.
>>
>>1058250
>>1058262
>>1058270
Noted, thanks guys. I'll probably do it from Bellingham.
>>
Driving to from WA seems great, looks like many awesome landscapes are to be seen
>>
I flew into Seattle and took a train to Vancouver and I really enjoyed it. The views from the train were great. It was a few years ago though, so I don't remember the prices. I definitely recommend it if you want to see both cities.
>>
>>1058015
I'm a WWU kid come visit me :^)

But nah the Bellingham airport is very cheap to fly to from Vegas, lot of the students here do your trip in reverse. A little bit of personal bias here, but I'd expend a day to see the area here. Too many hikes and outdoor activities to list, definitely worth checking out
>>
>>1058434
Interest is piqued. There's an airbnb open for the dates I am visiting. I did some light googling. Would you recommend nooksack falls and heather meadows? Or is there something else you had in mind that's closer?
>>
>>1058635
Unless you're planning on renting skis or a snowboard, you won't want to go up Baker in the winter. If you're going in summer then Nooksack Falls would be a nice place to visit for hiking or mountain biking.

Otherwise just stay in Bellingham proper so you can see the town, bike around, go to Larabee/Whatcom Falls, etc. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
>>
Vancouverite here. I'd recommend flying into Vancouver simply because the airport is reeeeaaaaaaally nice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.