[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Antonio or New Orleans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: san antonio-new orleans.jpg (469 KB, 1020x898) Image search: [Google]
san antonio-new orleans.jpg
469 KB, 1020x898
Hi, I’m from Chile and I’m traveling to the US with my GF for the first time. After So Cal and Las Vegas we have to pick between San Antonio or New Orleans for a 5 day stay before going to Florida.

Which one would you choose and why? Which one would give us a better glimpse of Murrica?
>>
Better glimpse of what life is like for most Americans: San Antonio

Better city to visit: New Orleans.

Would go to NOLA imo. Higher crime and risk than San Antonio but you will have much more to do imo and is a lot more fun. I wouldn't let the crime or poverty in NOLA scare you away. Trust me, their are much scarier areas in latin america than NOLA.
>>
>>1057986
>>1057988
Also don't spend more than one night in Vegas, it really is overrated as fuck. Also care telling us where in Cali and Florida you're visiting, and are you road tripping?
>>
>>1057989
We'll be visiting San Diego, LA and San Francisco, then in Florida we're going to the parks in Orlando and then Miami and leave. We're moving on bus for the "closer" cities and plane for Vegas to NOLA/SA to Orlando.
>>
>>1057991
How long you spending in L.A.? LA is very meh and if you've dedicated a long amount of time in it I would spend that time in SF and SD instead including visiting the wine country and some of the smaller towns around SoCal. Will you be renting a car while you are here? San Diego and San Francisco have decent public transit systems. New Orleans is walkable and all the places you would want to visit there are within walking distance or you could always use the historic streetcars. Cities like Miami, Orlando, Vegas, and San Antonio either have shity systems or they are simply completely non-existent. LA has a decent clean system it's just inadequate for a lot of the sightseeing you will most likely be doing.

BTW Megabus and Greyhound suck imho. Cheap, yes, but normally the buses are filled with lots of junkies and smelly homeless people.
>>
>>1057986

This is the third thread in 3 days where I've shilled for New Orleans, but yeah, New Orleans.
>>
>>1057995
>BTW Megabus and Greyhound suck imho. Cheap, yes, but normally the buses are filled with lots of junkies and smelly homeless people.

Might went to check out Amtrak for some of the smaller trips. Usually costs the same, but there's a bit more space.

And I second that LA isn't that great a place to go to. Unless there's something specific you want to see, San Diego is pretty similar but a lot more easy to get around.
>>
>>1057986
I live in Texas and can't fathom why you'd visit San Antonio over, say, Austin (unless you're both in your 40s).

I say go for New Orleans. SA might give you a glimpse of what America is like, I guess, but you'll be bored as fuck after you're done with the River Walk.
>>
Im from SA..plenty to do..hit up the sacurrent website. Riverwalk, Alamo, downtown has typical museums, clubs and parks. Lots of music venues and lets not forget the spurs games. Comedy clubs are getting better ive seen norm Mcdonald, kevin Nealon, charlie Murphy, cris tucker. Like I said sacurrent.
>>
>>1057986
I live in San Antonio, fuck San Antonio, don't even know why the fuck you'd consider going here.

New Orleans all the fucking way.
>>
>>1058117
Don't do Amtrak, every experience I've had with them has been shit. Overpriced rides, uncomfortable seats, trains don't arrive on time/arrive at destination wayyyy to late, it really sucks
>>
>>1058281

This guys right. New Orleans, Miami and San Diego are the only good cities in the US.
>>
>>1058793
Retarded opinion.

NYC? LA? Vegas? Orlando? Philly? Boston?

There's loads of cool cities to check out in the USA
>>
>>1058281
>>1057986

I'm fron STL, visiting San Antonio was one of the worst domestic travel destinations I have ever chosen.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.