[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayy /trv/ Travelling in Southeast Asia for 2-3 months next year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Ayy /trv/
Travelling in Southeast Asia for 2-3 months next year with GF. No detailed planning, but we've a rough idea that we want to travel Myanmar -> Laos -> Cambodia (Maybe Vietnam instead or afterwards)
Been discussing if we should purchase two motorcycles while we're down there and sell them to other backpackers when we live, so:
What's a good price for a motorcycle that'll last us those few months?

Any problems travelling with a motorcycle from one country to another and then selling it?

Also how the hell do you find someone willing to buy a motorcycle from you? Chat up backpackers in hostels or do you contact any shops for help?

Also general Myanmar/Laos/Cambodia thread. What's been the greatest places you've been in these countries?
>>
>SEA
>with gf

You're doing it wrong
>>
>>1057922
>>1057921

what this guy says
>>
File: P1110250.jpg (6 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
P1110250.jpg
6 MB, 4608x3456
Now that THAT'S out of the way, I am not a motorcycle but can speak generally about Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.

I really enjoyed time around Siem Reap, but that's an obvious destination that will already occurred to you. The temple complex on Man Mountain (Phnom Pros, near Kampong Cham) is a modern, day-glo SEA Wat complex that I liked, but I am not sure it is "better" than any of a hundred others.

Ha Long bay is worth a trip, plan to spend some time on one of the many excursion boats, even if that sounds too touristy, unless you can rent and handle your own boat, it's really the only way to really see the bay, and it is spectacular.
>>
>>1057950
>I am not a motorcycle

True enough,, I am also not a motorcyclist, which is more to the point.
>>
Goes with girlfriend
>
>
>
You Come home her 'girl'friend
>>
>>1057921
>Myanmar -> Laos

You might want to rethink your plans a little bit. Quick googling reveals that there are no open land border crossings between Myanmar and Laos. You will, at the least, need to make a detour through Thailand.
>>
>>1057950
Ha Long Bay looks pretty damn neat actually. We were hoping to spend some time at beaches and on boats, just plain chillin and this looks awesome. Maybe we will be doing Vietnam instead of Cambodia as Ha Long Bay would be quite a detour if we were going to Cambodia. thx for the tip

>>1057954
Ah, I see now. I hope it won't get too troublesome acquiring visas just to travel through Thailand then.

Any protips on how to obtain visas in SEA? Do we deal with this at home or at the borders or how?
>>
>>1057954

Are there land borders open between Thailand and Myanmar nowadays? When I went there in 2009 the only way in was via plane.
>>
>>1058252
>visas
>Thailand

Unless you are from a third world shithole, you can get in easily visa-free. Now the thing about the motorcycle permits might be a different thing. As for the other visas:

Myanmar: try getting it back at home, it's more involved than others
Cambodia: you can get an e-visa online in advance, but it's only valid at a few land crossings, be sure you use one that supports it.
Laos: visa on arrival only for flights, you would need to get one from an embassy somewhere first
Vietnam: visa in advance needed unless you are from one of the few specific countries

If you are traveling through BKK, all of the countries will have embassies there and you can just handle it from there.

>>1058254
10 seconds in google will reveal that yes, there are a few specific open land borders.
>>
>>1058260

>visa on arrival only for flights

Nah, 30 day visas for loads of people are available at most land border entry points.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.