[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winter Road Trips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Virginia.gif (109 KB, 3150x1549) Image search: [Google]
Virginia.gif
109 KB, 3150x1549
Howdy All. Just moved to Virginia from New Mexico a few months ago, and I want someone to give me the low down of the east coast.
I have a full six days off for christmas, and wanted to take a road trip with the lady. Anyone got some points of interested? any and all suggestions are welcome, but natural features preferred.
>>
>>1057410
im not sure how much of it is open during the winter, but you should drive the Blue Ridge Parkway
>>
>>1057410You could spend all six days in VA and get a good experience. Five days without DC.
>>
>>1057461
Also, don't go to Fauqueir. We're the laughing stock of the state.
>>
>>1057462
Speak for yourself. Fauquier is beautiful and has some of VAs best wineries. It's horse country too, so a ton old money still around. Try down town fredericksburg OP. Pretty fun small little city, easy to get to off of 95, lots a great restaurants.
>>
Where in VA are you? Roanoke here
>>
>>1057444
It will likely be largely closed. Still, the mountains are nice in the winter, Parkway is not mandatory.
>>
>>1057410

Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway is worth the drive, it'll take you a day or two to do. Luray caverns is a nice day visit, and you can stop at the Copper Fox distillery. If you are interested in history of the area, Bull Run Park near Manassas or go down to Lynchburg for the tours.

I live near DC in NoVA and go out there at least once every 3 months for the drive. If you want to do DC, stay in Fairfax or Vienna and take the metro in to explore.

Gotta ask, what brought you up to VA from NM?
>>
>>1057715
This basically
>>
>>1057410
Is money an issue? Inn at Little Washington, combined with Hot Springs VA, and maybe a little driving around for some antiques, skyline drive or down to Monticello or colonial williamsburg and you're done.
Alternatively, if weather isn't too cold yet, you might get a rental in the outer banks.
Savannah will be charmingly decorated and festive.
>>
>>1057659
I'm in Orange
>>1057715
I appreciate the advice. I came out for a job. And>>1057961
Money isn't exactly tight, but it also isn't flowing, so cheaper would be better.
>>
>>1058246

NoVA here. do this >>1057715

the Shenandoah Valley area is gorgeous. Go check out Winchester as well. If you're into history. There's a lot of stuff out there.
>>
>>1057410
VA Beach Native here, currently living in Fairfax going to school. VB is dope this time of year, no tourists, great restaurants, but not much else. Unless you like hiking.

You can get a killer deal on a beach house for the week though because it is the offseason.
>>
>>1058376

Captian Georges is amazing
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.