[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Saint Petersburg. I'm thinking of going there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: saint-petersburg-06.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1702) Image search: [Google]
saint-petersburg-06.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1702
Tell me about Saint Petersburg. I'm thinking of going there for a weekend in February, when the plane tickets are cheapest but the maximum average temperature is -3c. As a big history nerd, is it one of the best places in the world for me to experience?
>>
it's been about 15 years, so i'm probably a bit out of date, but i went in february and weather was cool but not unbearable as long as you're prepared for it (intermittant snow flurries and sun), and as a fellow history buff it was amazing. whole city center was built c. 1703 iirc, so it's all gorgeous georgian architecture, hermitage is stunning, canals and side streets are great to explore, and every touristy kitsch (sp?) store has (had, don't know if they still do this) free vodka samples, so just wander from one to another and get smashed. balticas probably cost more than 25 cents now, though.
>>
February is really not the good time.
Not only is it cold (and rainy!), it is also dark most of the "day".

As a big history nerd, you probably shouldn't have included a picture of Moscow in a thread about st Pt, specifically of a cathedral in Moscow that was built in the 21st century
>>
St. Petersburg feels more European and less Russian, I preferred Moscow.
>>
>>1119075
I found the pic off Google Images, what is it of if not of something in SP?
>>
Has anyone had any experiences with prostitudes there?
>>
I saw this post and I didnt wanted to make another thread
Im going to study for one month in St Petersburg, im going there in June, in 2 days actually. I also plan to visit Moscow on a weekend.
Do you guys have any tips or recomendations?
Thanks!
>>
>>1119090
It seems to be the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, in Moscow, although contrary to the other anon, its reconstruction was completed in 2000, so, late 20th century.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.