[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Layover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey Travel, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what I could do in Seattle from 9pm to 7am. Preferably something close to the airport.
>>
I feel you, brother. I had 2 layovers recently in the same time range. On the bright side, you can just use language to get around. I was at a foreign airport in a backwards country (Turkey) and I knew I couldn't get around with English. Sorry I couldn't contribute much, but ask around the airport, it will get you somewhere.
>>
Yeah, my flight isn't until January so I have some time to figure it out. Thanks anyways. :)
>>
>>1056874
Get a hotel room and sleep in a real bed, as opposed to a seat in an airplane?
>>
>>1056898
I really want to explore the city.
>>
Well, first you should probably know that the airport isn't very close to the city. And not in the way that most airports are on the outskirts of a city; the Seatac airport is literally in a different city (which is a craphole, by the way), because it was built to be halfway between Seattle and Tacoma. So, during that time period, if you want to do anything in Seattle, you're going to need to rely on cab rides.

As far as what you can do, I don't really know. Probably the easiest option would be to go to a relatively safe part of the city and just walk around and check things out.
>>
>>1056935
Sounds like what I'll end up doing.
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>1056874
take a cab downtown and come party with me
>>
>>1056935
its10-15 min from the city you mongoloid
>>
>>1057145
it's close and there's a light rail that takes you to dt seattle
>>
closest attraction that's not in Seattle is probably the southcenter mall which is a pretty generic mall experience.
>>
>>1057144
Down.>>1057167
Yeah, I'll pass.
>>
>>1057145

Is it? Fuck, I live in Tacoma, so I guess it's farther away. And I guess every time I've gone to Seattle from the airport I've been stuck in traffic, which makes it worse.

Doesn't the light rail stop at a certain time, though?
>>
>>1057169
when are you traveling?
>>
>>1057235
>Doesn't the light rail stop at a certain time, though?
Starts at 5:00am ends at 1:00am.
http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail

OP, take the light rail into town. It'll cost $6.00 max round trip.
http://www.soundtransit.org/Fares-and-Passes/Link-fares
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.