[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you find a job in another country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: world map.jpg (61 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
world map.jpg
61 KB, 500x322
I can't teach English overseas as English is not my first language.
I have citizenship in another country. From what I understand, if I just move there without securing a job beforehand and no networks, I'll just end up working in some grunt-tier jobs though
>>
>>1056684
why would you want to move to a place where you don't belong? If you're just following orders ask those orders the questions you're trying to ask here. In other don't be dumb. Moving to another country just because you under some sort of impression is exactly the same as going and buying a rope for your gallows.
>>
>>1056684
>I can't teach English overseas as English is not my first language.

not true. If you're fluent and have qualifications it's still possible in many places.
>>
>>1056894
Hell, in most Asian countries you don't even have to have qualifications or more than a passable English as long as your white. Fake it till you make it
>>
>>1056880
I can't move to another country to see the world, no? Plenty of people on /trv/ go on working holidays for a year or two.
>>1056894
>>1056915
I'm Asian. I speak English with a slight accent and I don't think anyone will hire me as an ESL teacher.
Teaching at an international school is another story, but from what I understand, most international schools prefer hiring white teachers (i.e. over 90% of the teachers at these schools are white).
>>
>>1056684
moving just for the sake of moving is not such a good idea
>>
>>1057865
Most of us are white because of self-selection, i.e. young Americans/Europeans want an easy traveling gap year, and the TEFL fits in nicely. My company has several teachers that aren't native English speakers, but are fluent. Send your resume around and see what you get. Since you're Asian, you'll have a harder time, but not much harder. Going to Thailand/Vietnam instead of SK/Taiwan isn't really "settling" if you're doing it as an excuse to travel.
>>
Anyone have experience with non TEFL jobs?
I was interested in working as a software developer somewhere. I'm fluent in Spanish and know basic French, but I'm not sure if other countries usually require fluency in the native language or if business can be done in English.
>>
>>1058190
Read >>1057840
>>
>>1056684
You don't. This is only for people with connections who come from families that can set them up, or have a shitload of money so they're socially popular and can afford to fuck around.
>>
>>1058190
Dude, how is a software developer this dense? Just fucking look into software jobs in Spanish speaking countries and see if you can get hired and sponsored for a visa.

Mexico is growing and certainly in need of bilingual English speaking tech people.

You probably already know that you cannot do better salarywise for programming/software than in the United States. Usually not even close.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.