[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Norwegian Air or other Euro budget airlines care if my hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Will Norwegian Air or other Euro budget airlines care if my hand baggage is half an inch longer than what is allowed?
>>
If you're a guy, maybe. If you're a grill, you can take the cargo hold of the fucking Titanic on the plane with you.
>>
NA probably won't. Ryanair and easyjet might.
>>
flying domestic with Norwegian I never really had to put hand baggage into any sort of measuring boxes.
>>
>>1056310
>flying domestic with Norwegian I never really had to put hand baggage into any sort of measuring boxes
I've never flown with NA but no airline I've been with has ever asked me to check the size, though some weighed it at checkin.

That said, some budget airlines can be complete cunts when it comes to gouging extra fees. It's why I'll never fly Virgin Australia again.
>>
>>1056292
I've seen at least two times people trying to break off the wheels off their baggage so it would fit. However, bear in my mind that the measuring boxes are usually slighlty larger (more than an inch) than the allowed size, and if it fits in there nobody's gonna measure it.
>>
I don't believe so. My carry-on has never been controlled, anyhow.
>>
Over the summer I flew with Norwegian from Orlando to Oslo and then from Oslo to Berlin. I had 2 checked suitcases, a backpack, a duffel bag, and a leather briefcase and no one said a word although I did pay $75 for the 2nd suitcase.
>>
>>1056292
No, BUT...

If that 1/2inc makes it not fit into the space on the smallest plane on your trip, that raises an obvious issue.
>>
nope never been checkd despite having the 'pleasure' of travelling all 3 plenty of times short haul intercity in europe
>>
Are euro airlines really like this? Nobody seems to give a shit in the US. It seems like more people are bringing increasingly large 'carryon' roller bags that are fuckhuge.
>>
>>1056502
I assume it is for safety such that the baggage must fit under the seat/in the compartment above.

Having luggage lying all over the floor after a crash landing when the plane is filled with smoke is probably not a good thing.
>>
Haven't flow norwegian air but I have seen lufthansa measure people bags a few times. Usually near the lounge area where people wait for the plane, and not at check in.
>>
>>1056504
>>1056518
I believe that, but i haven't seen it in the States. Usually, if a flight is near-full they'll request volunteers to check their bags at the gate for free. I was really pissed last time I flew, as all overhead storage was full before I boarded. I had to take out my 17" laptop and carry that 8 pound motherfucker for the next two flights and airports. I'm sure plenty of people would fail the measurement test, but airlines seem content as long as you can shove in the overhead bin. Taking stuff out as you're attempting to stow bags that can't fit isn't unheard of either.

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter since i spent good money on a bag that's designed to just fit the airline requirements.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.