[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Australia_L2_MISC883.jpg (75 KB, 778x463) Image search: [Google]
Australia_L2_MISC883.jpg
75 KB, 778x463
Since I didint find any other thread about it, tell me about your travel, where are you? where have you been? where are you doing etc...

here's mine
>Paid company to pick me up at the airport to get me to Noosa to work a week at a farm.
>Arived in Brisbane.
>Found the guy that was going to pick me up.
>He refuses to take me since im apperently not on his list.
>My pickup was booked a week to late
>had to take 50 aus dollar cab to the city
>Stay a week in Brisbane
>Gotta take another 50 dollar cab because guy refuses to get me at the hostel.
>Go to Noosa and got some good ol sun n' surf
>Couple of days later gets transported to a "training farm" the company educates you in farmwork and finds a job for you.
>During this week i got punched by a cow, bitten by a horse, got stonesplinters on my balls, drove into a tree with a dirtbike and ripped skin of my hands while fencing
>Had a great time
>got a job at a sheep farm 5 hours north of brisbane.
>Mustering sheep on a dirtbike all day every day.
>Fucking dream job
>Worked for a week, got sick.
>like really sick, got to spend the week at the hospital
>Gladular fever. Rip liver.
>farmer fired me for being sick
>went back to brisbane
>took me a week to get a0 white card and a job
>One day later Left eye decides it dont like watching things.
>Lost sight on left eye
>Again i lost my job and stuck in hospital again.
>Treatment makes me unable to travel.

I'm still in hospital, on the edge of going home.
>>
>>1056024
Get well soon bro
>>
>>1056024
Dude, what the hell? What happened to your eye?
>>
>>1056206
thanks

>>1056207
bacterial infection in my retnia, its swollen so it stops the bloodflow to the optic nerve and the bloodvessels around it.
>will never get my vision back completely
>Treatment takes 3-4 months
feelsbadman.jpeg
>>
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but damn you must be one unlucky son of a bitch. You sound like on of those clumsy characters in movies where nothing works out lol.
>>
>>1056024
There's a silver lining in this.

At least you had travel insurance.
>>
>>1056290
Well yeah.... Atleast it makes a funny story.
>>
>>1056294
OP should be the poster boy for those "should I buy insurance" threads.
>>
Smal update, after now two weeks in hospital i get the news that the infection is reacting to the treatment and should allow me to work/travel in about another week or so.
Only need to take eyedrops and pills 3 times a day.

>Counted how much this would had cost me if i didint have insurace.
28 000 dollar for accomedation for two weeks
3 500 dollar for "needle in eye" operation
~2000 dollar for all the pain killers, eyedrops, antibiotica, dropp, food and general anesthesia.
>>
>>1056586

kind of OT, but Australia is fucking US-tier with healthcare, and a lot of people don't realize and assume that we have health-agreements between countries.

I'm from AUS and am a student in Canada, I got cancer suddenly and had to stay in Canada to get surgery/treatment. Everything totally free, great system, 6 months later all good.

When I applied to get some support monies from the Australian government cause I couldn't work for a while, I had to report the amount of money that would have equivalent if I were in Australia.

Turns out even if you are an Australian citizen, it would have cost me ~$20 000 (surgery, radiation, support services).

So basically thx Canada. Fuck you Australia.
>>
>>1056594
Also:

Australia wouldn't give me money for support while I was sick, I could only get it if I were in Australia, but I was too sick to fly home and they don't offer any funding/loan to help pay for the flight back to Australia.

So you're basically fucked if the country you're in can't treat you.
>>
>>1056594
>even if you are an Australian citizen, it would have cost me ~$20 000
wat
Im from sweden which do have health have a health agreement with australia and i didint need to pay a cent for anything.
I thought esspecially when you are a citizen that they would pay for everything like they do for me
>>
ok i have a couple travel stories
>interrailing with my mate ollie
>get to split
>i let ollie be in charge of the hostel this time
>"sorry man, my phone died and all the hostel details are on it"
>"so charge it"
>"I left my charger in budapest"
>fuck
>he says he remembers the name of the road that leads onto the road the hostel is on
>we walk for a hour to find it
>turns out its a main ass road, like a hundred possible streets the hostel could be on
>after 2 more hours of searching we fail to find it and decide to sleep on the beach
>sleep on the beach
>wake up surrounded by british tourists with the worst sunburn i've ever had
>whatever, not gonna let that ruin my day
>see a bunch of americans on top of a cliff (i know they're american because they are all wearing at least one item of US flag clothing)
>wonder what they're up to, climb up the cliff
>turns out they're cliffdiving, i find out as the dude i was talking to backflips off the 30ft cliff
>"cool, where do i aim?"
>"between those two rocks"
>BETWEEN THOSE TWO ROCKS
>so i jump, land directly on my anus, like, the actual anus, and briefly lose bowl control, scream into the water for a second, and then swim the fuck out of there before anyone notices
>>
>>1056736
Where did all this happend? Couldnt you had asked someone for directions or something?
>>
>>1056242
>>1056024
I'd probably just kill myself before it got any worse.
>>
Op here. Small update
Now after a month of different diagnoses the doctors now tell me it's a parasite and not a virus or bakterie.
I'm still blind on that eye, but apperently it becomes inactive after a month or two.
So will get my vision back. But will forever have a parasite living in my eye.
Not sure how to feel about this
>>
Not really all that remarkable, and more sad than interesting, but oh well, it's my first travel story.
>be me
>have been 18 for a week, still in high school
>our school always makes a week long trip to italy before graduation
>we have lots of free time in Rome and the option to go to Castel Sant'Angelo
>my fucking metro ticket is kaput
>get left behind, could buy a new ticket, but don't have the guts to go to the Castle alone
>nearly want to cry at this point
>fucking shit
>get drunk for the first time in my life at a small bar near our hotel
>>
>>1059346
Don't worry, I'm sure the parasite will eventually leave your eye and bury itself in your brain.
>>
>>1056856
split, croatia, we tried but locals aren't likely to know where the hostel is
>>
>>1059346
Australia: Not even once
>>
>>1056024
got punched by a cow, bitten by a horse
>Well stop trying to fuck animals
As if any of that happened fgt
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.