[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seoul Trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: coreia_sul.jpg (7 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
coreia_sul.jpg
7 KB, 300x200
Ok /trv/, I need help from any korean or people who lived/visited Korea.
I'm from Brazil and I'm going to Seoul soon, but I'm having a hard time with the WON currency and I really need to know if it's possible for me to exchange BRL for WON in Seoul.
Do banks or money stores accept BRL (the brazilian currency) there?

I want to avoid double conversions.
>>
I live in Seoul. I really doubt you could exchange Brazilian currency easily except at the airport.

Your best bet would just be drawing local currency (won) using a bank machine from your account back home. Best to do this at the airport as well since not all Korean ATMs take foreign cards. If you really need to bring cash for some reason, then exchange into USD and then change that into won.
>>
>>1055853
I see, thank you very much for the info
>>
>>1055853
By the way, do you know if ATMs accept debit cards? Or only credit?
>>
Any decent exchange station should be able to process BRL. Cant speak for S Korea but there isnt a reason for ATMs not to use debits. Avoid doing so, though. Most cards' withdrawl fee from an international ATM starts at $5
>>
Try to pay everything you can using your card. You shouldn't have problem withdrawing cash from an ATM, but having in mind there's an "international withdrawal fee", try to withdraw the maximum amount possible, and use cash only when you can't use you card.
>>
>visiting the joseon jew
>>
>>1055934
Why anon? Isn't paying in cash a lot easier for both sides?
>>
>>1055925
Yeah unfortunatelly I know, and knowing how shitty Brazil is the fees are usually abusive so there's no way I can run with cards there, which I'm hopelessly trying to avoid.
>>
I know that it's easy to find places exchanging brl for yen in Japan, so why not Korea? Whhhhy not
>>
>>1056063
Because there are no Brazilians in Korea.
>>
>>1055922
Debit cards are fine, but it has to be a machine compatible with foreign cards. You will find these in the airport, maybe one in a big bank branch (it will be specially labeled), or in a 7-11 or similar convenience store (not sure if these charge extra fees).
>>
>>1055844
For countries that don't have a major currency (like yours) NEVER try to exchange your currency outside of your country.

Change your currency to USD or similar (Euro, Pound, Yen, etc) and then change that wherever you go.
>>
>>1056086
That's what I'm trying to do anon. By the way, is yen easily accepted in Seoul? I assume so due the high number of japanese tourists, but still
>>
>>1056102
Accepted?

You can exchange it, but nothing will be accepted for payment anywhere except won.
>>
>>1056084
I mean, people in Korea have 0 interest for oversea currencies? I know that some stores here would gladly buy won, so why not the contrary?
No ordering, no shipping, it's easy rare currency. It makes sense, no?
>>
>>1056105
Sorry my bad, by "accepted" I mean easy to exchange for won. Like euro and usd are widely "accepted" worldwide.
>>
>>1056106
I've never heard of spending any currency in SK besides won. You could maybe buy lunch strait off the ferry from Japan in Busan with yen, but otherwise I really doubt it.
>>
Banks in Korea give good exchange rates. Even in the airport if you go to the bank-run currency exchange counters you'll get the same rate as at any branch iirc.

OP, if you can get a good rate on USD in Brazil, bring that to Korea and exchange for won.
>>
>>1056110
Anon I'm suggesting the exchange bewteen yen - won, not using yen as my currency in Korea.
>>
>>1056110
You can't.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.