[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Taiwan in two weeks for two weeks. What kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm going to Taiwan in two weeks for two weeks. What kind of weather should I expect? Are there any must do's or must visits in Taiwan for winter?
>>
>>1055813
I don't think they have a "winter," but just this season that's not as hot as usual but more rain so there's less humidity? As such, outdoor activities aren't so great. But you could still enjoy the market and other things. Some people do the whole hiking thing which is unbearable during monsoon season.
>>
>>1055846
Only things on my list so far are:
Lots of food
Night market
Taipei Zoo
>>
>>1055865
Taipei 101
Some temples
Buy electronics
>>
>>1055865
?s: Why not go to a day market instead?

What is the best of the temples?

Taiwanese have completed time traveled?
>>
Native taiwanese grew up in taipei expect low of 10c
>>
>>1055813

This thread doesn't encourage me to go to Taiwan.
>>
I would recommend:

>going to hot springs in the north end of the city (beitou)
>climbing elephant mountain - best view of city
>staying over night in Jiufen (old japanese spirited away town)
>checking out this rando cheap allucandrink club called...box...I think? It was an experience
>traveling down the coast to Hualien and seeing Taroko Gorge
> night markets fo sho

I really enjoyed Taiwan for the short time I was there. Super friendly ppl.

source: went to Taiwan last month
>>
i recommend going to night streetstalls
>>
Canadian living in Taiwan here. If you're in Taipei and into history at all, the National Palace Museum is pretty awesome. The KMT government basically took a shit ton of treasures with them when they fled the mainland so the collection is better than anything you'll find in China itself. Sun Moon Lake is pretty sweet if you like hiking, though it gets pretty crowded with tourists on the weekend. There's a cool little temple town in central Taiwan called Lugang which, while historical, isn't usually very crowded. Good if you like old temples. Other than that, stuff other people mentioned is all decent too.
>>
Not OP, but looking for some advice. I'll be studying at NTU in Taipei from the end of February to the start of July next year. I've noticed the weather is going to get progressively warmer and the amount of rain will increase (though it's usually 50% chance of rain on any given day) according to weather websites I've looked at. I assume an umbrella is necessary, but will I need more winter or summer clothes for that period of time between Feb and July? Is it warm enough that the rain/cloudy weather won't bother me if I wear shorts, t-shirts and sandals?

And is it still possible to go out and see/do stuff on really rainy days or does the rain tend to happen at certain times of the day and then stop? I want to be able to do as much as possible in between studying. Thanks for advice.
>>
Go down to the old capital, Tainan, and just wander around in all the culture. They have done a good job of preserving much of the old infrastructure from the Japanese colonial era, and in Anping, some of the old Dutch buildings still remain. There are interesting cafes, shops and bars everywhere, you'll find at least one that's worth your time. If you're into live music, the weekends are filled with local musicians playing. It's also the food capital of Taiwan, so bring an empty stomach and you will be well fed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.