[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I need some tip, I have never traveles outside of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, I need some tip, I have never traveles outside of my home state of Maine, and I will be going to Mexico, the country in a few weeks. I also will be going on my first airplane ride.

What should I be prepared for? Also what are the chances that I will be raped and murdered by either Isis or the cartel?
>>
>>1055639
Mexianon here. U will be cool unless u seek for troubles mate. Never trust anyone. Can u speak spanish? Which cities will u visit? Carry small pocket money and only necessary debit and/or credit cards. Do not seek drugs neither be openly dumb by flashing money amd valuables. Take into account since December 12th many mexican eople start holidays in this failed shitholish country
>>
>>1055652
I will be leaving in January, I am mainly going to be around Riviera Maya. Im going because I work for a big bank and because I did so well they are sending me on this trip.

What type of food should I try
>>
>>1055639
None
>>
>>1055780
Well Yucatecan real cousine its my advice. Keep in safe well illuminated area and dont be a dumb tourist. Good luck
>>
>>1055639
Do not wear a watch nor designer clothing. Use old flip phone or make an account over there. Don't go out late at night, don't buy things where there is alot of tourist attractions , don't put on lotion just be tan to blend in. That's what I did in the same situation as you are in and nobody bothered me except this one time I went to the club and was dancing with all the solid 10 chick's so dudes around me get jelly and try to pick a fight but they think twice because I'm 6'4 body builder and they are only 5'7 . Good luck on your trip
>>
>>1057101
I only have designer, and Its a groupd of bankers, I don't want to look like a scrub.
>>
>>1057101
You can have smarthphone just dont be flashing money and other goodies. Tourist área is overrated and overpriced, but can give a sense of security to a gringo. Can you speak fluent Spanish anon? Any specific doubts or are you just a lazy OP by not asking more questions?
>>
File: Hayden-Panettiere-Feet-468648.jpg (827 KB, 1955x3000) Image search: [Google]
Hayden-Panettiere-Feet-468648.jpg
827 KB, 1955x3000
>>1055652
i have an important question. how many of the americans that are killed/kidnapped/etc a year in mexico are "american" and how many are american?

i have a sneaking suspicion the majority of them are mexicans with american citizenship and not actual white americans. so they are just down in mexico running drugs and shit and get into trouble. as opposed to real american who are on vacation randomly being attacked for no reason
>>
Enjoy your ride and enjoy México.
I'm sure you will enjoy the food and the people.
Don't be afraid nobody will rape, in rivera maya there are many people from abroad specially from the states and canada so they are very used to them.
You can use your phone and your clothes and anything else just follow the golden rule when traveling:
Don't be a dick, don't be a fool
people can smell your dumbness so they will try to take advantage of it.

Enjoy it.
>>
>>1057458
Enjoy being mugged nearby subway station in DF and then covered up as heart attack. Poor gf, we helped and third party verified that his bf was indeed dead
>>
>>1057458
>i have an important question. how many of the americans that are killed/kidnapped/etc a year in mexico are "american" and how many are american?
You should know upfront that then umber of the people murdered is roughly half the number that go missing. So, whatever statistic you see for murder, simply double or triple it.
>>
>>1057458
>i have an important question. how many of the americans that are killed/kidnapped/etc a year in mexico are "american" and how many are american?
Journalists aren't allowed at crime scenes anymore, so it's anyone's guess what is really going on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.