[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling to Germany, What can I see in Berlin if I have 6 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: JUSTDOIT.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDOIT.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
Traveling to Germany,
What can I see in Berlin if I have 6 hours to wait for the bus from the CBS?
Anyone wanna accompany me later in a week in Berlin?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (233 KB, 1178x714) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
233 KB, 1178x714
In 6h you can see all of the main sights and get back to the CBS. Take U2 subway line to Alexanderplatz, then walk -> Nikolaiviertel -> Museumsinsel -> Babelplatz -> Gendarmenmarkt -> Checkpoint Charlie -> Potsdamer Platz -> Tiergarten -> Reichstag -> Brandenburger Tor

And you're done. When will you be there?
>>
>>1055331
Thanks!
8.25 am
Bus to Hannover at 2pm
Also gonna be there 7.12 till 9.12
>>
Also, forgot to mention, idk how much time getting the baggage and stuff will take, so if this walk is exactly 6 hours it is probably too long. How long is this walk?
>>
Berliner here.

With 6 hours you can just about see all of the major sites. How are you arriving into Berlin? By plane, train, or bus? Aside from the must see stuff, is there anything that you would like to go out of your way to see? Also, where are you coming from?

If you have baggage that you would like to store, the ZOB (central bus station) has lockers which you can store your items in. About 100m from the ZOB is S-Bahnhof Messe Nord which is your access point to anywhere in the city. With >>1055331's suggestion you will only see sights in the East and barely set foot onto West Berlin (although most of the must see sights can be found within the map shown). Any other questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>1055375
I have less than 6 hours since I arrive at 8.25 to Tegel airport. will >>1055331 plan work?
I have bus at 14.00 to ZOB. I wanna see the reichstag. I will be back to Berling next Sunday for two or three days.

What can you suggest then?
>>
>>1055375
Also any cheap prices for timberland's (or any other boots with water proof and warm)
>>
>>1055386
Is that today? Or when will you be here for the 6h? I'd hang with you, but it's a bit short notice.
It's easily walkable within that limited amount of time, no worries.

As for cheap boots: Primark at Alexanderplatz, or stores like Deichmann have dirt cheap stuff
>>
>>1055375
What's there to see in West Berlin anyways? I'll give you Thaiwiese in Preußenpark and maybe Teufelsberg, but other than that it's mostly an open air shopping mall. Speaking of geographic West Berlin now, with Kreuzberg and Neukölln being their own special snowflakes.
>>
Another poster.

Thinking about doing a pub crawl tonight, any siggestions?
>>
>>1055537
Start out at Schönhauser Allee area early evening, that's Raumer Straße, Lychener Straße. There's some nice bars there and most of them have organised pub crawls going in and out all evening. Get to know people and just go along with them.
Later the evening take the M10 tram towards Warschauer Straße and get off Revelar Straße, or head over Oberbaumbrücke into Kreuzberg, there's immediately more bars and pubs.
There'll be heaps of other pub crawlers and party people on the M10, it connects the main hubs to go out and you can again easily get to know people.
>>
File: 1448836927977.jpg (317 KB, 1178x714) Image search: [Google]
1448836927977.jpg
317 KB, 1178x714
>>1055386
From Tegel airport you can take the TXL bus a few stops to S-Bahnhof Beusselstraße. From there it's about a 5 minute ride to S-Bahnhof Messe Nord to drop off any luggage you have. You can also view the timetables and see if you bus will be on time or delayed.

If you wish to not store your luggage you can ride the TXL bus all the way to Brandenburger Tor and begin your 'tour'.

I've edited anon's map a little bit to save you from wasting time walking through the freezing cold park and from visiting the shitty reproduction of the Nikolaiviertel.

The dotted red line is the incoming bus from the airport. The red circle is the bus stop at Brandenburger Tor. The solid red line is the path you can walk. It shouldn't take you more than 3 hours if you stop for a few minutes at each site.
Directly next to Brandenburger Tor is the Reichstag too. The end point is Alexanderplatz. From there you can take the S-Bahn to Westkreuz and then change trains to go one station north to ZOB.

>>1055387
For boots, you could probably check out the Alexa shopping center found at Alexanderplatz after your walk. It's a 5 level shopping mall where you can also eat lunch.

I'd be down to show you around if you'd like. Just leave me your Skype info or whatever and we can get together. Any other anons are welcome to join in as well.
>>
File: 20140811_181316.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140811_181316.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>1055515
You have Kurfürstendamm, Grunewald, Tempelhof, Zoologischer Garten, Potsdamer Platz, KaDeWe, Schloss Charlottenburg, etc. If you want to go even more west you can visit the city of Potsdam but technically that's in East Germany.

It depends if you're into Museums and stuff or into other things. Most of the hipster shit, bars, and partying is all found in the east now while many, but not all, museums and cultural locations are in the west.
>>
Thanks anons, I will sure use the info when I am back to Berlin. Feel free to offer your company. A 7/10 qt3.14 already did ;)
>>
OP here again, what route you suggest from ZOB? Any cheap hostels?
>>
>>1055483
>>1055515
>>1055539
>>1055557
Op here
Thanks anons

As for >>1055515 and >>1055557 posters I will be in Berlin at December 6th or 7th till 9th so I gladly meet up with you, can see the pubs.
Contact my email if you want:
[email protected]
>>
Don't leave me
>>
>>1056094
>>1056443
>>1056664
Where are you from?
>>
>>1057249
Does it matter? If does, then no need for a meeting
>>
>>1057374
go back to turkey
>>
>>1057403
Shurum burum kebab kebab
Not from there
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.