[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So me and my friend want to travel around UK. Destinations: London->Glasgow->Belfast->Dublin->C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: UK.gif (27 KB, 381x342) Image search: [Google]
UK.gif
27 KB, 381x342
So me and my friend want to travel around UK.
Destinations: London->Glasgow->Belfast->Dublin->Cork
We have many places we wnat to visit but can someone recommend us some places in
Central england we should visit?
>>
depends when.

if summer, peak district.

nottingham as a city is good night out plus all the robin hood stuff in day.

stratford upon avon is swamped with tourists
>>
I'd look into Derry (Londonderry, or in recent PR stuff Legend-Derry) in addition to or instead of Belfast. You get the same sense of the history of The Troubles, in a smaller and I thought more enjoyable setting.
>>
>>1055234
At the start of the June if I pass my school leaving exam
>>
>>1055179

Should go round the southwest, its the best area. I dont see the point in going to all those cities unless theres something specific you want to see in each one (such as art gallery or something), I find the cities to be mostly like large towns but bigger, they have the same shops and look the same.
I think the countryside is much better, but then I am biased cause I live in it.
>>
youd be leaving the uk going to dublin #triggered
>>
Go somewhere like Coventry or Wolverhampton to get a taste of the authentic miserable English shithole experience that us Midlanders live every day.

But in all seriousness, Oxford, York, and Bath are all not too far from central England, and well worth a visit.
>>
Definitely Liverpool! So many who come here say it's like being in a different country all together
>>
>>1055179
go to wales
>>
Hello /trv/, I've been living in London for one year, I think now I know a lot of good places (historical, about architecture, about food, good pubs, etc) and I've been in every touristic place/area of course, but I'm leaving in two weeks.

Do you have any recommendation to visit before leaving? (other than touristic places), something you consider hidden gems or something like that. It would be much appreciated.
>>
>>1055179
>UK
>Dublin and Cork
Op pls.

When are you going though I can tell you some fantastic places to check out, one word m8, Newgrange.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.