[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, due to various unpleasant circumstances I'll be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: manhattan.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
manhattan.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
Hey guys, due to various unpleasant circumstances I'll be in New York on my own on New Years Eve.

I've ended up staying in hostels for that week and don't know if I will meet people I can hang with so want to prepare by finding stuff I can do on my own that will make the best of being in NY on NYE.

I'm determined not to let shitty circumstances ruin what should have been an amazing time, so could anyone give any suggestions?
>>
Any bus station will do.
New Year's Eve isn't any different than any other evening.
>>
I have some vague memory that a bunch of people gather somewhere in NYC for New Years and watch a ball drop r something. Maybe look into that.
>>
>>1054955
Yea that's Times Square and it's totally packed for about 18 hrs before with no toilets or places to sit or eat. I don't intent to do that

I thought New York was meant to be a great place to spend NYE?
>>
>>1054943
Are you that guy that said he's going to spend NYE in NY with his girlfriend?
What happened?
>>
>>1055006
No, although it sounds like him and I had one thing in common at least.

I live in the UK, my now-ex lives in NY, we arranged for me to go over for new year, she cheats on me and dumps me a week after I buy the tickets.

Gonna be a fun week..
>>
>>1055048
There are a few /trv/lers who will be there over NYE as I've seen from the already a dozen threads we have had on the subject over the past 2 months. I will be in NYC for about a week before Christmas. If you will be there before Christmas you can hang with me and my brother if you want.
>>
>>1055002
There will be parties and events all over the place -- have you googled it at all? Must be something findable.
>>
>>1055060
That's really cool of you to offer but unfortunately I'm flying the day after Xmas. My thanks anyway, you and your brother have a great time there.

Might do some lurking and make a /trv/ meetup thread here if it looks plausible

>>1055062
Totally, I have a few in mind already, just wondered if a local could ive some pointers I wouldnt find online
>>
>>1055156
Go to the coach surfing website. Locals who use the site use it to plan meetups and walking tours of the city. Couch surfing has a lot of hosts in NYC and a lot of meetups, its not just a room sharing service like most people think.
>>
>>1055159
Totally going to look into this, cheers. Anyone had any experience with using Couchsurfing for meetups?
>>
>>1054955
Its literally the worst place to celebrate NYE that is having a "party"
>>
>>1054943
Don't go down to Times Square on NYE. Crowded,you will be penned in,can't go to the john,no bags. Watch on TV.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.