[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever been to The Zone? With a guide or illegally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: highch009-22.jpg (365 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
highch009-22.jpg
365 KB, 800x533
Has anyone here ever been to The Zone?
With a guide or illegally, I think it's a unique travel experience.
>>
I would like to go there
>>
Yeah, its pretty neat, feels like you are on a tourist conveyor belt though, going from one spot to the next.
>>
What is this place?
>>
>>1054600
Pripyat and the surrounding areas. Abandoned.

I wish to explore it before I die. Wouldn't want to go with a guide though. Wondering what the best way to do this would be. I got time to figure it out though.
>>
>>1054624
Do it with a guide you fucking moron, its a military controlled area and there a are some fucking dangerous hotspots still about.
>>
>>1054642
Not really. Other than the plant itself in Chernobyl and some dumps of nuclear waste, there is no other significantly high or dangerous for short-term exposure, level of radiation.

>>1054624
I've read that there are forums full of people that trespass and stay in abandoned houses for a couple of days.
>>
I went to Pripyat on a guided tour and I have seen a few other /trv/lers doing it as well.
>>
>>1054665
Where did he take you?
>>
I will be going next year in April with my brother. Two day guided tour. I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
Russian. Here it's popular, some people do it without guides, they just gib some money to people who could stop them.
Also it's very interesting to visit parkings of old used cars, helicopters, BTR's
>>
>>1054669
It's a pretty standard day tour that I took afaik. Outer exclusion zone (kindergarten is spooky), outside of reactor, Pripyat itself.
>>
>>1054680
like the guys in the entry points?
>>
I'm shooting for a trip to the zone whenever the weather clears, so late spring. Not a fan of mud and liquidy soil on clothes n stuff. Even though it's fairly safe with regards to rads, you still have to be carefull.

>>1054680
A guided and guaranteed tour is ~$130, with the added benefit of knowing where the fuck to go and not being worried of being discovered by military men.
How much would you require to tip off 5 or more guards? Just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>1054689
theyre not going for sightseeing man
>>
Play STALKER
>>
It's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you mong
>>
>>1054805
(not him)
Only written that way cause of the movie that you have never heard of, child.
>>
I went earlier this year on a 2 day tour (sleeping at Chernobyl village). Not sorry I went but it is expensive for what it is and for me it was a bit anticlimactic, I have visited a lot of ghost towns and abandoned places in the world and this was like mecca for me but then getting shepherded around on route thousands have done before was disappointing. Still, there are worse ways to spend your money and the tiny bit of exploring we got to do was fun. I was also really disappointed in the pictures I took, you need a lot more time or a private tour for that and that gets really expensive.
>>
>>1054689

>How much would you require to tip off 5 or more guards? Just doesn't make sense.

Very little, those guards and solders get paid virtually nothing, maybe a couple of hundred USD a Month. If you wanted to go by yourself and not get sent to jail, it would be very easy, simply pay off anyone that you might come across with $20 bucks (thats like a days wage for them, and they dont give two shits actually about people walking around in there, its more for your saftey there are guards there).

I found Ukraine to be the most corrupt country in Europe, even places like Moldova had some level of professionalism and couldn't be bought out in all cases. I mean, its not their fault, Ukraine is a hard country and the money is probably worth a lot to them, you know its shit when there are Ukrainian economic refugees escaping into Russia to get a better wage...
>>
>>1054805
I was on my phone, autist
>>
>>1054853
yeah the average ukrainian wage is like 300 dollars.
>>
File: construction.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
construction.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
I wish I had saved more of these.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.