[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recommendations on what to do in Arizona?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Any recommendations on what to do in Arizona?
>>
go rock hunting
>>
>>1053968
I am from Europe and have no gun.
>>
go to LS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-hTqj-DnAg
>>
1.) Grand Canyon
2.) Sedona
3.) BBQ and Mex
4.) Hoover Dam
5.) Go to California
>>
Tucsonfag here.

Mountain hiking
Sunset/star gazing
Sonoran hot dogs
Chimichangas
>>
>>1053966
You might be able to go snowboarding. Not sure how much is up North rn
>>
Well Arizona has a ton of native Americans so you can go to the third world which is helpful

Grand canyon
Monument Valley
Hopi Mesas
Jerome (cool wild west town)
There's this cool blow hole somewhere which shoots out hot wind for some reason
Flagstaff is nice but i couldnt get a good nights sleep because of the fucking trains
Petrified Forest
Canyon de Chelley

Also go in winter, will be heaps less busy and if you get to see the desert in the snow is really beautiful

Dont expect good food in the reservations tho, do expect to be the only non-natives speaking English in these restaurant tho
>>
>>1054446

I love how flagstaff smells in the winter, even inside walmart it smells like fresh pine I fucking love it (im tired of the smell of my third world city shithole smelling off cars and industries, aka ciudad juarez in Mexico)

If you go to flagstaff only use it as a stop to go the next day to the grand canyon
>>
I dunno.. have sex with farm animals?
>>
I suppose it might be possible for someone to get tired of the desert, but I fucking love the Mojave so I don't understand that.

A nice trip would be land in Phoenix and head up and spend some time South of Flagstaff, somewhere between Prescott and Sedona. Get a feel for the mesas and pine forest. Comfy little towns, nice folks out there.

Check out Montazuma Castle cliff city along the way, since you have to go way out to New Mexico to see anything like it.

Then of course see the Grand Canyon.

Then out into Mojave to get a sense of the high desert, then head South into Sonora to see the more stereotypical desert. Like the other Anon said, the high desert in the winter is gorgeous. Mojave has sagebrush, Sonora has cactus. Different deserts and I guess some might find it just desert, but both are interesting places to be. Proverbial God's country, imo

Hit some of the California border towns if you want to do the gambling and neon signs sort of thing without going broke.
I've never stayed in Flagstaff but if you are going to, see Lowell Observatory at night.
>>
Antelope canyon
>>
>>1054062
>Sunset/star gazing
>Mountain hiking

Flagstaffian here. Seconded. The observatories are nice. If you want some urban star gazing you also might go to Buffalo Park. If you like the space theme the USGS Astrogeology does tours, and is immediatley south of that park.

But I really love how Lowell Observaory gets mentioned here. It warms my cold and icy heart.

Winter>Fall>Spring>Summer

>>1055351
>If you go to flagstaff only use it as a stop to go the next day to the grand canyon
Or Meteor Crater I would say. But that is expensive (ish) if you do not go when it is free, which happens not al that often and you have to know. . .

Sedona is nice but often feels really turisty.
Bisbee is pretty neat. So is Jerome. So are many of the told mine towns.

Phoenix can be nice, but it depends what you are doing. I would generally not like to just go there. There is some neat street art if you know where to go, though . . .
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.