[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone follow cuba dave here? Hes a carribean sex traveler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: cuba-dave.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cuba-dave.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
Does anyone follow cuba dave here? Hes a carribean sex traveler and he is being detained indefinitely in costa rica for talking about prostitutes on the internet. Pretty fucked up that these third world countries can hold you indefinitely for such a bullshit charge.
>>
Where can I see his work?
>>
>>1052652
Probably that website on his shirt
>>
>>1052673
Nevermind website is just about his jail situation now
>>
>>1052639
>not researching laws before traveling for traditionally illegal activities

Yeah, total martyr
>>
>>1052639
Weird that he got banged up in CR--prostitution is legal there.
>>
>>1052674
LOL
>>
Yeah, maybe we're not hearing the whole story here. Kinda feels that way. The fuck did you do Dave, hmm?
>>
>>1052639
Has he actually been to Cuba? It's almost impossible to get there as an American, unless you want to swim.
>>
>>1052751
lol no
>>
>>1052773
>>1052751
He just thought it sounded like a cool name. Pretty sure the government is going to grant you a licensed travel visa to fuck bitches.
>>
>>1052751
No idea about this fellow's travel history, but it's always been easy enough for Americans to visit Cuba via a third country--I did it via Mexico, my sister-in-law went through Nicaragua, lots of people go through Canada. It's not effortless, since you can't buy the ticket from the US (even online), nor use American ATM nor credit cards. But the Cubans have always been plenty welcoming. They don't even stamp our passports.
>>
>>1052864
I've been trying to do this. Last attempt was from Mexico, a direct flight from my city of choice was $650, a connecting flight totaling 18 hours with a long stop at Mexico city is $350.

I'm afraid of returning during a domestic stop cuz they might say hey get outta her American! But I suppose I could check out Mexico City for a few hours.

Did you just go to the counter and ask for a ticket to HAV? How much did it cost? Which airline?
>>
>>1052708

Legality means jack shit in these countries. CR spends millions marketing real estate and ecotours to fat americans. They dont like people speaking the truth that its just another whore filled shit hole.
>>
>>1052885

>cuba is an undiscovered paradise

When is this meme going to end? Millions of europeans and canadians visit cuba every year.

Also cuba is not a cheap place. Similar to brazil, their economy is so strangled that prices can be higher than the us. There are plenty of cheaper options in the carribean that have working atms and embassies.
>>
>>1052975
When Americans can travel there freely.
>>
>>1052975
I never said it was a paradise. No place I've been to can be described as a paradise and likely no place is, I'd actually be my home is closest to paradise. But that's irrelevant since paradise is not what I'm looking for.

I'm just curious to see a unique place that despite being on America's doorstep feels distant from us. You don't need to understand this, and it isn't really worth asking because fuck you it's my time.

>When is this meme going to end? = When will people stop wanting the things I don't want

Fuck off you smug shit. Go makes 200 more Japan general posts.
>>
>>1052996
BTW I am not a sex tourist, I'm married and live in Vegas so got all that shit out of my system in my 20s so now just want to relax and see some interesting stuff for a week.

I wish there was another thread in which I had posted this, but I just opted for the first Cuba one I saw and it was this skeevy guy.
>>
>>1052639
>costa rica
>third world countries can hold you indefinitely for such a bullshit charge

>>1053004
>o now just want to relax and see some interesting stuff for a week.
>I wish there was another thread in which I had posted this, but I just opted for the first Cuba one I saw and it was this skeevy guy.
To travel to Cuba, you have to sign up for a tour that does all the government handshakes and the "Cultural" things that make the tour legal. It's a money making system for their economy. Most americans who aren't visiting their own aunts and uncles or remote family are doing on their Spain passports, because yes, you run the risk of being jailed, and you saw how easily Obama doesn't give a shit about dumb travelers when that guy sat in a Mexican jail for missing an u-turn into mexico. It was republicans and bribes that got him out and into medical care.

If you are not patient, go ahead and go now and pay about 10x what you will need to see it. But, if you are patient, either the flood of travel, internet and other little minute changes will actually change to the point that you can travel cheaply. I'd say 2-3 years, and that's certainly not enough time to get the reefs wrecked and too commercial. For now, hell no, you don't need the kind of trouble you can't get out of...that's for dual passport citizens who can go call upon the canadian, russian or whatever embassy they feel will have their back. You're arrested for really small things down there, like just being a passenger in a car that was involved in a wreck (you don't even have to be driving).
>>
>>1053009
Years in 3rd world prison is not worth a vacation.
>>
>>1053024
>Years in 3rd world prison is not worth a vacation.
I agree.

With regards to Cuba, I can totally get why people want to go there, but if my visit was greasing the palms of some mafia, I wouldn't go. It's on principle. I am going to be glad when (and if) a new regime enters power, and I hope it's very likely. But, until then, on my moral ground, I won't be going because I know not a single amount of money from my visit will go to the people of quality.

When the locals are allowed to use boats, they'll be gone. And until boats are a huge thing, no one is going to be out enjoying the reefs, fishing, eco-touristing and enjoying what might be species on par with the Galapagos in discovery such a any good vacation destination needing tourist dollars. They don't right now actually need it, and it's so tightly controlled where you spend money and to whom, that it's really only proppping up the suffering and making it last. By all means, go and take family members medication, new shoes, or money, but it won't make more items available in stores for them to buy or increase opportunities, or reduce anxiety about it all.

I would however had no moral issues going to Myanmar (Burma) and discovering that little time capsule. The time to go is now!
>>
>>1053029
>It's on principle.
No, now you've lost me. It's on risk. If I cared about principles I would go regardless to align with my own.
>>
>>1052744

Its pretty clear on his website. He's a "sex traveler", as OP puts it, that went to costa rica to fuck prostitutes.

Turns out there is a law in costa rica that you cannot publicly promote the country as a place of prostitution where you can come and exploit their locals. It has nothing to do with him fucking prostitutes, because thats legal. Its basically a law that conserves their sex tourism money, but while trying to prevent the country from being seen as a dirty fuck hole.

Its his fault for not doing his research.
>>
How did Beyoncé and Jay-Z go to Cuba?
>>
>>1053064
Famous people can do anything they want.

The fact that they are celebrities means any place they visit can instantly be categorized as "journalism" or "culture sharing" --which all traveling aside from boozle addled resort pool sitting essentially is.
>>
>>1052885
>Did you just go to the counter and ask for a ticket to HAV?
I went to a travel agent in the lobby of my hotel in Mexico City.
>How much did it cost? Which airline?
It was about $400, on Cubana, but virtually any non-US carrier can set you up.
>>
File: cuba-people-beyonce.jpg (52 KB, 635x430) Image search: [Google]
cuba-people-beyonce.jpg
52 KB, 635x430
>>1053064
http://abcnews.go.com/International/beyonce-jay-zs-trip-cuba-legal-treasury-department/story?id=18920026
>The Treasury Department says the power couple's trip to Cuba was authorized under a licensed program that encourages "meaningful contacts" with the Cuban people
>>
>>1053064
>How did Beyoncé and Jay-Z go to Cuba?
They did the academic people-to-people tour, but it's with a tour company that is a fake academic company. In other words, these musicians participated in people-to-people contacts with architects. Surely they had no interesting dialogue to enrich the life of some architect, and vica versa. It's lip service to the letter of the law, and pretty much a money talks kind of exchange that go them there.

You too can pay to do that, but while these vacationers could have done something wonderful to aspiring musicians within Cuba, their arrangements were through this foundation.

John Soane’s Museum Foundation
>>
>>1053207
Cool
>>
>>1053029
>I know not a single amount of money from my visit will go to the people of quality.
You are wrong about that. De facto private business exists, and the black market is thriving. If you exchange for real Cuban pesos and not convertable (illegal, but you can do it), that money will not be declared on any tax forms. Hotel revenues are filtered up the line, sure. Cuba is a mess, sure, but it's not Moldova.

>>1053064
Probably with a plane.

Seriously, it is not hard or illegal to go to Cuba. What is illegal is 'supporting the economy'. As long as you don't try to import tampons, BBQ sauce or water filtration devices, or try to export rum or cigars, you are fine. But you could always go to a third country and then enter Cuba, and that is not breaking any law either in letter or spirit.
>>
>>1052652
>>1052673

https://web.archive.org/web/20130226012701/http://www.cubadave.com/
>>
Anybody who colors outside the lines in a foreign country without understanding that the laws are different from country to country is a moron.

Seriously, somebody that stupid, jail is probably the safest place for him. Walking around loose he would have, sooner or later, sprinkled Drano on his cereal or tried to insert a large garden gnome in his rectum, and seriously injured himself.
>>
>>1052751
>this is what canadians ACTUALLY believe
Try going outside your gated all-inclusive resort and you'll meet lots of americans
>>
It's fault for being a inhuman sick fuck.
>>
So this guy was just glorying prostitution or is there more to his story?

I didn't realize that fucking prostitutes can be such a big deal to some because literally anyone with money can fuck prostitutes.
>>
>>1054856
I read some of the blogs on that wayback link, and you may be referring to the comments on some that are like,"great story Dave!", and "Unbelievable, only you could pull this off!" And if your only exposure to prostitutes are the media or low level American/Western street walkers I can understand your confusion.

1. Though there is a financial incentive in going with a man you wouldn't otherwise, in general, the balance of power is in the woman's hands, not the men. Even if they go with you your "service" can largely be affected by how they feel about you.

2. That said it's possible, and a rush, to get a hooker to desire you, for you to be the client she wants, more than you are the client that wants her. That's what Cuba Dave seems to do.

I have had hookers cry over me, fight over me, cook and clean for me, fuck me for free, or stay way longer than agreed. Long time to over night for short time prices. I remember one, the first time she came with me I told her she should come over and just chill some time. She laughed and said sure, for x amount of dollars. I said yeah right, before this is over you will be just about paying me to come over. I took her one more time after that, though we'd conversate on Whatsapp. And she wanted to date me, to which I declined. Last time I fucked her, she called me up a couple months later just about begging just to come over. Said she'd cook and everything. I reminded her of the earlier conversation about paying me to hang out. Lol
>>
>>1054856
>>1054914
For a hooker, time and sex is money. So if you are able to get these from them it is literally more valuable, a bigger ego boost, than a regular chick. Even if you have to spend some to buy in.
>>
>>1054663
Not "lots", but yea some are around. That said, the only Americans I met were of Cuban heritage or went as part of a Church group to build shit (and of course quietly proselytize on the side). Must be some independent travellers too, but not a lot.
>>
>>1054914
If they can find a nice respectful sugar daddy who'll take them out of the life long-term, and adopt their children (it'd be rare that she WEREN'T a single mother, but who knows), they'll obviously take it.
>>
>>1052639
Sucks to be him. Maybe he needs to not do that.
>>
File: 7417.jpg (67 KB, 964x543) Image search: [Google]
7417.jpg
67 KB, 964x543
Why do the mods keep deleting the sex tourism threads?
I really wanted to hear about the greek hookers ;_;
>>
>>1055000
The pic you chose shows you have a very westernized, particularly American, view of prostitution. So I understand how it can be hard to fathom. I used to be the same. And yes they can refuse a customer no matter the money, with the exception of cases of human trafficking and women under contract/debt
>>
>>1054982
Safe for work board. Sex threads tend to go along for awhile but at some point cross that line.

Protip: NSFW doesn't just mean pictures.
>>
>>1055064
>NSFW doesn't just mean pictures.

Pretty sure thats not true anon.
>>
>>1055064
lol no, it's just a butthurt faggot report monkey, and mods who don't give a shit about this place
>>
>>1055072
feminist report monkey methinks
>>
>>1053009

Almost all of that is bullshit. You can just go, pay your way and it's not really extortionist. They're not going to sell you out to the us government and the us government has completely defunded any efforts to prosecute people for going to cuba
>>
>>1055074
>feminist report monkey
It's more likely to be an anon that wants to troll robots by reporting things that might seem like feminist-bait. In order to get idiots like you to bitch about it, because that's how trolling works.

Alternatively, it's actually just a completely normal anon who doesn't like sexpat stuff in the board that they read at work or something and you're reading way too much into it.
>>
>>1056339
I have seen for a while how this board is moderated.
Its a feminist alright.
>>
LMAO this is why I don't date white American guys. Creepy fucks.
>>
>>1055070
I am 100% sure it is true -- or at east that it CAN be, got banned once over it.
>>
I wonder if thee threads tend to get pruned because they usually turn into Complain About the Mods threads. Bitching about the mods is against the rules...
>>
>>1056375
Once you go black
We dont want you back
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.