[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is going to brazil alone a bad ideaA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Rio.jpg (52 KB, 620x385) Image search: [Google]
Rio.jpg
52 KB, 620x385
is going to brazil alone a bad ideaA?
>>
It depends more about the person who is travelling, than the country...

But Brazil is big as a continent, where you think to go?

Protip: I`m brazilian
>>
>>1052421
im going to rio and brasilia
>>
Nice locations

Your age, male/female?
>>
>>1052428
25 male 6"5
>>
No problem to travel alone. Just pay attention regularly as you should do anywhere
>>
I travelled a lot alone in Brazil and in the world
>>
>>1052424
Brasília fag here. How long will you stay here? Three days, maximum four, is the best lenght.
>>
>>1052430
>25 male 6"5
Tall for a local. Not so tall for an Argentinean of Italian German descent. Speak portugues first then Spanish.
>>
>>1052430
Lol no one asked for your height
>>
Your fucked unless you speak Portuguese
>>
>>1052421
Not op but I am a mexifag anon, I can't imagine the favelas in brazil being too different from the poorer barrios of mexico. is there cool shit to do in the favelas? because every one keeps talking about how dangerous they are but I feel like most people are pussies, can you confirm brasileiro bro?
>>
>>1055663
Just got back from RiO a week ago.
Big White Gringo here. We did a paid tour of one Favela, this was a Favela that had police presence. So very safe, plus it was a tour.

If we just walked in, you could get around 1/4 of the way up no worries without any trouble. There are shops, perKG's etc and very safe. Walking by yourself or in a small group, passed 1/4 way is very dangerous. Especially if the Favela has no police presence.

If you are in the 3/4 to the top area, there is a high risk you will be confronted by local kids with knives etc, like no joke. Worse they will have guns.

Dont be stupid and walk in, especially if you do not blend in. You will be walking targets and nobody will help you.

Read up on the Favela's and you can tell the safe ones from the dangerous ones.

Stay safe anon
>>
>>1055663
Also, another way to get an amazing insight is to pay a mototaxi to give a tour. Not even a tour, just to the top and back. Cost you probably 15-30BR and you put that helmet on nobody knows your a mexifag
>>
>>1055676

It's the same in Colombia. I was there a few months back and a lot of people told me that there are certain areas where you'll almost certainly be robbed if you stay around past dark or get lost. For instance, if you climb Montserrate in Bogota and want to descend after 4pm, the police make you sign a waiver saying they're not to be held responsible in the case of robbery or injury. One of my friends had a friend who did just that and was violently assaulted on his way down the mountain after he refused to give a junkie his wallet.

Anyway, you take a risk whenever you travel to a poor country with high crime rates. By and large, I would suspect that most tourists in Brazil who don't go looking for trouble don't wind up attracting any. It's a developing country, not Peshawar Province or ar-Raqqa.
>>
>>1055663
Just stay away from these, they are NOT cool in any way! Avoid it the more you can.
>>
>>1052409
No, my son Christ will protect you.

He is right there in the image you posted, on the left with his arms spread wide welcoming all.
>>
>>1056934
I hope your joking...
>>
>>1056942
*you're. Duddeeee
>>
>>1055680
>the police make you sign a waiver saying they're not to be held responsible in the case of robbery or injury

don't talk shit, that's not even legal here.
>>
>>1057627

That's what I heard from multiple people. There are signs all around Montserrate saying that people who go down after 4pm "walk at their own risk."
>>
>>1057629
that would mean that the Colombian State and its Police forces are giving up control of part of the Colombian territory to some junkie thugs, in the very capital of the country. Something that not even Farc was ever close to achieve. It's obviously a nonsense. Police are obligated to serve in these areas too, at any time.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.