[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European safety thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: Europe_countries_map_en_2.png (620 KB, 1473x1198) Image search: [Google]
Europe_countries_map_en_2.png
620 KB, 1473x1198
Sorry if this has been done to death. Going to Europe next year, (I know a lot can change between now and then) to Rome, Florence, Berlin, London, Madrid and Barcelona.

Obviously Western Europe is on edge at the moment, but what is it like on the ground? Is there visible police/security presence?

Im not a total pussy (haha), Im still going to go but I think a visible police/security presence would ease my fears a bit. Seeing a totally keked city with no cops would be a bit strange.
>>
>>1052356
>>1052356
Yes there is a visible police presence. Europe is SAFE, I'd even say it's safer than big American cities.

Rome - absolutely safe. Beautiful city, enjoy.
Florence, same.
Berlin - I live there, and you couldn't find a nicer place.
London - cool place I guess
Madrid & Barcelona - wonderful. Enjoy the amazing Spanish food.

You don't have to worry in any of these places.

>a totally keked city
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I strongly advise you to leave any /pol/ shit at the door. Thanks
>>
>>1052356
what he >>1052358 said

also, western europe is not on edge ... it is totally fine and normal in the western europe
>>
>>1052360
at least what EU concerns ... obviously i'm not talking about countries east from the Schengen Area border
>>
>>1052356
>Im not a total pussy (haha)

You are. Europe is safer than the U.S.
>>
>>1052361
Brussels on maximum alert and metro is shut down right now. Id say eastern europe is safer than western for once.
>>
>>1052360

>western europe is not on edge

There are daily arrests made of people for 'sitting in a suspicious vehicle'. It may not be dangerous, but western Europe most certainly is on edge.
>>
>>1052356
>No police
>cuccked
Found the american. Dont come here, we do not need your culture of dependency here. Enjoy your monotonous strip mall wasteland dystopia, faggotkeklet
>>
>>1052379
Tell that to the americans that died in paris last week. Never 4gat
>>
>>1052680
So? Why would you sit in a suspicious vehicle if you're not doing anything wrong?
>>
>>1052356
Been thinking about the same, going to spain next year, but everyone around me keeps telling me that it is too dangerous, Im going to the basque country btw, I dont suppose that área is a main objetive, right?
>>
>>1052703
how can you be so deluded and ACTUALLY, SERIOUSLY think that spain is dangerous? jesus fucking christ, it's one of the most babby tier destinations in the world. if you don't go to spain, i'd strongly advise you just to stay in bed. go to spain. enjoy their amazing food, coastline and hospitable people. no one is going to shoot you.
>>
>>1052360

>not on edge

https://twitter.com/ynetnews/status/668087816908382208/photo/1
>>
>>1052769
>ynetnews

I want jidf and /pol/ to leave /trv/.
>>
>>1052356
Safety for what? Norway at least is pretty safe, i don't know what you're talking about though.
>>
>>1052801

Are you implying that's not a real picture of real soldiers who are patrolling the streets of Brussels because of a serious threat?

Why does the source matter when the information is factual?
>>
>>1052947
It's still not on the fkn edge.And at least those are soldiers, not some assault rifle open carry shitkicker in Walmart. THAT would be scary.

Go to /pol
>>
mildly related to europe but how is public transport in madrid? I am flying in and need to get to my hostel and I've never been to europe before. Is it easy to get to and from the airport?
>>
>>1052961
The Subway runs straight to the airport. The same subway runs all over town.

If you have an early flight one day, there is a decent neighbourhood with hotels, just one or two stops away on the subway-line.
>>
>>1052957
I agree that political discussion is out of place here, while noting that what you wrote was as /pol/ worthy as anything else written here.

Don't feed them here, if you like bickering with them, go to the board that was created for that purpose.
>>
Serious related question, how is Paris right now for visitors? Are some things still in lockdown mode? Are there inconveniences and delays still active?
>>
>>1052980
Depends, you can't really do anything on the street in most of Europe anymore unless you're obviously in a tourist group or with a girlfriend. Lone men are heavily targeted by cops and secret services.
>>
>>1052983
>you can't really do anything on the street in most of Europe anymore

0/10 back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>1052988
You can if you're not "suspicious looking" i.e. a lone male, so most normalfags don't notice because they're always out in groups or with gf.
>>
>>1052990
I'm a normal European guy and go outside a lot by myself. That poster was obviously a troll from America or something similar.
>>
>>1052992
I am too, and I can't go outside because of the aforementioned reasons. Guess you're just very attractive/rich looking. Or still very young.
>>
>>1052990
I.e a muslim ........
>>
>>1053037
Actually no, they don't care about them at all.
>>
>>1052957

>MILITARY FORCES carrying out police duties
>all schools closed for several days
>subways closed
>daily arrests of people related to (planned) attacks
>LITERALLY at highest level of terrorist threat
>not on edge

Jesus christ that's some serious denial you are putting up here.
Sometimes I truly think that the anti/pol/ people are worse than /pol/. You are about as delusional as the average /pol/tard.
>>
Yeah, EU is not safe. Don't come here.

Btw, how are the twin tower going?
>>
File: 061109-F-9471G-101.jpg (52 KB, 593x394) Image search: [Google]
061109-F-9471G-101.jpg
52 KB, 593x394
>>1053730
Very bright.
>>
Is an american really concerned for his safety in Europe ? What a fool.
Europe is much safer than America. At the end of the day if some people want to do bad things its almost impossible to stop them but bad shit happens in america every day.
>>
If you're worried about safety don't go to the targets aka capital cities
>>
File: clown.jpg (152 KB, 695x482) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
152 KB, 695x482
>>1052356

This entire thread makes me want to punch myself. Are people really that brainwashed that they think Europe is "dangerous"?

Turn off Fox News, buy your plane ticket, and get out of your brainwashing dystopia that wants you to feel better about the shit life you're living by spinning a drama around everything that happens elsewhere.

Sure, there was just an attack in Paris. Shall we talk about the endless stream of shooting rampages that happen all over the US?

Wake the fuck up and go see the world.

Or stick to /pol/ from your dark basement, and don't come annoy us.
>>
>>1053038
Lol, tell that to the innocents that live in Molenbeek and Saint-denis....

Just face it, the dirty brown hoards have already won in europe. They dont even need planes over there. The police states will hold them back for a time, but the attacks will keep coming.
>>
>>1053794
The guys going on rampages in europe are trained militants. The guys going on rampages in the us are basement dwelling sperglords
>>
>>1053807

>>"trained militants".

Knowing how to pull a trigger does not constitute training. They had about as much "training" as your basement dwellers had by going to the freely accessible gun ranges with their freely accessible assault rifles.

>>1053805

Go back to /pol/
>>
>>1052358
In rome right now, not sure safe is the word Id use. There's private security forces every couple of blocks with itchy trigger fingers when cars backfire and the regular cops are wearing plate carriers. They're prepared for a shitstorn right now.

Also the organised crime is heinous here.
>>
>>1053809

Are you really trying to make Rome sound like fucking Baghdad?

Get the fuck out of here. None of this is real.
>>
>>1053808

You're being ignorant desu. The people who have been to Syria/Afghanistan/Iraq have recieved serious training. There's a reason your average US school shooter kills way less people than these terrorists manage to do.

>>1053810
>none of this is real

You are figuratively putting your fingers in your ears and going 'lalalalalalalala cant hear nothing'
>>
>>1053813
Dull fkn topic.

Here's a suggestion. All chickenshit amerifats that actually believe that Europe is dangerous , stay in the US. It is not like you have passports anyway.

The rest of you, come over, enjoy the greatest amalgamate of cultures the world has ever seen. Spend all night outside drinking from non-bagged bottles. Shag a slim woman against a tree. Let your genitals hang free in an inner-city nudist area. Don't fret a bunch of sandniggers with AK's. They usually survive for about 20 minutes since the first round is fired. Besides, Skateboards and peanut allergy kill more people than terrorism in Europe.

So do drop by (unless fatty and bleeting loudly, like you guys often do. And lay off the white sneakers).
>>
>>1053807
You can 'train' to use an AK in about 10 minutes on youtube. Any idiot can pull a trigger, that's what made guns such an equalizer. Shooting Parisian café diners or a bunch of little kids in Massachusetts or a bunch of kids in Norway makes little difference. Anyone can do it, what you need to be is deranged, not 'trained'.
>>
>>1053810
Mate the rest of europe save brussells is fine but Rome is a hive of scum and villany and walking the streets alone at night is a questionable choice. Not saying your going to get shot because of terrorists but just generally its got a lot of cultural enrichment everyone could do without.
>>
>>1053823

If I were to talk about Iranians the way you do about Americans, you'd call me an ignorant, racist, xenophobic, bigoted, neckbeard, basement dwelling piece of trash.

I hope you realised this as you were typing the above.
>>
>>1053827

Have you ever used firearms in a combat situation?

Dont bother answering because I already know the answer.
>>
>>1052356
there is no terrorism threat, you are exactly the kind of person who gets robbed by gypos though
>>
>>1053832
>Shooting seated patrons in cafes is now regarded as a combat situation
go away
>>
Where is a safety area?
>>
>>1054679

So that's why the official terrorist threat levels are all at the highest or one below the highest level?

>>1054691

Controlling a group of over 100 hostages while armed forces are outside is not a combat situation?
When you need to argue semantics, you know you are shit out of proper arguments.
>>
>>1054722
>I have an IQ level of about 70 and that's why I answer a clear answer with an irrelevant counter question. I see no problem with this.
>>
>>1052356
basically all of Europe is completely safe
>>
>>1054789
i mean you can get terrorist'd
but that it's not like that can't happen in the US
>>
>>1054727

>When everything I say gets rekt to shit, I resort to entirely baseless ad hominems

How is it irrelevant when its exactly what happened?
>>
>>1054722
>So that's why the official terrorist threat levels are all at the highest or one below the highest level?
Political necessity. Who wants to be the politician that *didn't* raise the terror level after an attack?

They're probably accurate though, there'll be more attacks. It's just super unlikely that any given person will be anywhere near them.
>>
>>1054951

politicians aren't the ones who decide the level of terrorist threat.
>>
>>1052947
'Real Soldiers' have been patrolling the streets of Paris armed with FAMAS assault rifles for years. I saw that around every major destination (CDG, St Lazare, Louvre, Eiffel Tower) in 2012 when I lived there, so armed soldiers patrolling European cities was a thing long before the attacks in Paris.
>>
>>1055054
can confirm, it was the same in 2007 when I visited. there were plenty of white christian terrorists in europe before there were syrians shooting people.
>>
>>1052688
>Be American
>Get shot outside the US for once
>Muh Safedee!
>>
this thread gave me cancer

srsly
>>
Yep. Europe is so much safer than US, been to both several times during the last 5 years. I live in Paris, which is completely safe. Fucking Fox faggots.
Just to give one useful piece of knowledge instead of joining the pol rampage: there is the climate change meeting in Paris very soon, which means that a lot of the metros will be late, roads stuck/blocked etc. because all the head honchos are coming here. So basically reserve a bit more time to move around.
>>
...and btw there are very little army in the streets of Paris at the moment, almost surprisingly little.
Only danger is pickpockets, which probably will try to steal from OP cause he is such a pussy.
>>
>>1055224
Remember we have both a "Report" button and a "Hide" button.
>>
>>1055239

>I live in Paris, which is completely safe

Tell that to the people who were just enjoying an Eagles of Death Metal concert.

Oh wait, you can't anymore.
>>
>>1053831
Are you a
>"chickenshit amerifat that actually believe that Europe is dangerous"
?

If not, that post did not apply to you. Nothing to see here, please proceed.
>>
>>1055258

>fucking niggers are all lazy and they all steal
>ofc im not talking about you so you cant be offended by the above.
>>
>>1055264
>I can't understand nuances in text.
>Therefore posting flawed analogy
Sorry 'fat. You are fundamentally wrong.
>>
>>1052670
Brussels has the most retarded police in the region. Knuckledraggers with an itchy trigger finger.
>>
>>1055256
retard.
US statistics: 994 mass shootings in 1004 days.
I'll take my chances here any day.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/oct/02/mass-shootings-america-gun-violence
>>
>>1055570

Caracas: more shootings in 1004 days

By your own logic, this means the US is completely safe.
>>
>>1052703
I've been in Basque country few times due to work, nice and quiet place with nice people, but problem was with language, if you speak spanish there will be no problem for you, they speak spanish and basque, but it's hard to speak english. I was only in few small cities so don't know haw it is in bigger ones but in bars, taxis, stores etc. it was not possible to underdstand each other, in hotels there was no problem with that.
>>
>>1052688
I take it americans never go to school or movie theatres?
>>
>>1052356
>Obviously Western Europe is on edge at the moment

Lmao, what?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.