[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw my rental car is far nicer than my personal car :__;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>mfw my rental car is far nicer than my personal car :__;
>>
>mfw my rental car is something I didn't even know existed
All these new weird as fuck Renaults man
>>
>>1050929
What model? By which rental company?
>>
File: Renault-Megane-RS-265-11.jpg (121 KB, 1600x865) Image search: [Google]
Renault-Megane-RS-265-11.jpg
121 KB, 1600x865
>>1050933
>All these new weird as fuck Renaults man

Ayy

Somehow they got kinda cool looking.
>>
>>1050945
Do they allow those in the US and A? I have never seen one here.
>>
File: 2014_09_28_14_13_17_ProShot.jpg (510 KB, 1441x1919) Image search: [Google]
2014_09_28_14_13_17_ProShot.jpg
510 KB, 1441x1919
>>1050980
Technically they're allowed, Renault just doesn't sell them there. They did a partnership with AMC back in the 80s or 90s though, a bunch of Renaults were rebranded to AMCs.
>>
>>1050980
Shouldn't see why not. They're 'allied' with Nissan, so maybe if you asked your nearest Nissan dealer they could work through those channels to bring one in. I'm sure they'd charge you through the nose for the privilege though.
>>
I don't even own a cage, so I don't know that feel.

Whenever I have to rent a cage I like to listen to local radio and imagine I'm one of the locals, dreaming of a trip to Red Lobster or Bonefish Grill. The Bonefish Grill ads are the funniest, they boast of their horrid wine pairings but they kind of laugh it off like you're supposed to feel bad about having a fag drink, but at least they'll make it easy for you by ordering the pairings with numbers so you won't have to say "pinot grigio" out loud.
>>
>>1051023
>>1050994

there are only a handful of modern renaults in America and these were brought here by diplomats .
The do not pass American pollution or safety standards and cannot be registered here so yes, they are illegal.
>>
>>1051044
>American pollution or safety standards
lol get a load of this guy

modern French cars are go to if you need something that doesn't guzzle gas, also a Renault recently got 5 stars at EuroNCAP, plenty of German cars don't even get that
>>
>>1051206
>modern French cars are go to if you need something that doesn't guzzle gas, also a Renault recently got 5 stars at EuroNCAP, plenty of German cars don't even get that
Economy on gas isn't the same thing as emissions and pollution equipment standards in the US.

Out of 40+ regulations, only 11 are shared the same between US and Europe.

Safety is also different standards. I wouldn't equate it to say that your car is unsafe, just that maybe in a side impact it doesn't have the minimum the US would want. If your seat belt became disengaged through accident or you snapped it off to get a crumb off the floor or something, in the US you have protections that absolutely do not exist in Europe.

But it can be a single thing like clear vs yellow color of the turn-signals being the wrong color for US use. Options in europe like side lights are mandatory in the US because they help visibility to other vehicles. US cars require a person to have more metal door over their entire torso and arm and shoulder, rather than the old mini-van experience of window from the waist up...it's just regulation that came into place to reduce injuries after injuries were noted, kind of the physics of roll overs killed the little cute SUVs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.